Bass PRISM strings (6)

dude said:
anyway what stings would you people recommend me. i play a 4-stringer. a fender standard jazz bass. i prefer lower tension. also what string size is good and what kind of wound?

would u prefer bright or mellow sound? steel produces a bright sound while nickel wounds produce round tones. i'm currently using slowounds (very mellow) on one bass and prisms (very bright) on another. :D
string size: unfortunately, we cant be choosey, most string packages only offer two or three (some times only 1) different sizes for bass, not like guitars (those lucky buggers have nearly 5 different guage variety packages!) especially since we live in sg, the shops import a small variety :cry:
low tension: im a fan of low tension too! haha... i dont have a fender jazz, do u know what the neck scale is?

rhythm_ said:
Hey. Sorry to interrupt this discussion, but for a new bass, the strings that come with it should be okay right? no need to change until it breaks?

whahaha like what dexian and reyrey said, its all up to you! my BTB came with elixirs (those bloody expensive strings) but they didnt feel/sound very nice to me at all, so i got them changed to slowounds (those colourful rainbow beauties :p) haha

Hey.. I just tried out the Ernie Ball strings on my friends Musicman 2

Sounds pretty good!

What do you guys think?

ernie balls they have lota types right? whats the diff ah i will usually just buy the pink cover one the normal one

Back