All IbAnEz JEM lovers in here!~ on the double!~

bigrockshow

Yo people..

:wink: i wanted to do this but i never found time. This is basically a Full on Jem talk. Whichever Jem you own or Love to own pls bring it in here..and let it out. In future it might be for reference for guys looking to buy jems,look for jems or even understand different jems. 8)

This is like a Singapore version of Jemsite..so whoever's selling jems pls list them here too. :p

Ibanez Jems forever!~ :twisted:

(hitchhikers-take a hike!~) hhahaa :lol:

HELL YEAH!!!
I don't own a JEM but I so want to have one! If there's 1 JEM I could own, its the 10th Anniversary JEM, but sinces that beauty, and its a REAL beauty, is no where near my earning capacity, I would like a JEM7DBK or a pre-2003 JEM7VWH or a JEM77PP.

Heh.

I prefer the older trems for one. :)

LOL. YES! Im a lover of JEM, and LESPAULS(dont flame me) lol.

but i love JEM, serious lol. i loved the "MONKEY GRIP!".

call me crazy but i wanted to drill a hole into my RG550EX LOL to make that handle. haha but i sold it away :( Oh well

I held a DNA JEM once.......beeeeauuutttttifuuuullllll. It is so amazing detail in paint that you only see in person and not in picture. Also in every corner, curve and corner, it is not just top and back, even in handle!

Jem10th is pretty but all look the same :oops:

But I will never buy Jem......neck is too wide for me :cry:
and I do feel kinda stupid because I'm thinking everyone's thinking I'm a Vai fanboy wannabe

I love the monkey grip. I don't need a gig bag anymore if I ever own a Jem.

Anyways my favourite Jem would be the Passion and Warfare era, green splotch job paintwork with pink collasping piramids. That is THE Jem for me.

But I still won't buy a Jem. :D

yo...i've got myself a used JEM Jr (white)...

i know lots of ppl say this model is crap,rip-off of d real thang,toneless & a big poser but hey,i learnt 2 play guitar in '87 on a crappy Kapok with rusty strings & action as high as Mt Fuji courtesy of my uncle who got it frm Sungei Rd for $5...so i guess i'm not dat fussy a guy (which in real world translates dat 2 mean "I DON'T HV D $ 2 BUY THE HIGH END JEM SERIES...HEE)

fast forward to '05,i'm still crappy with my playing... :(

i'd seriously consider gettin' a JEM7vwh if i got the $$$

been gassin' for it forever...

n i think this thread seriously need some pix... :D
gtr118LRG.jpg

LimpPisskit said:
I held a DNA JEM once.......beeeeauuutttttifuuuullllll. It is so amazing detail in paint that you only see in person and not in picture. Also in every corner, curve and corner, it is not just top and back, even in handle!

Jem10th is pretty but all look the same :oops:

But I will never buy Jem......neck is too wide for me :cry:
and I do feel kinda stupid because I'm thinking everyone's thinking I'm a Vai fanboy wannabe

There is nothing wrong with Vai wannabe. Although Steve designs JEMs, there are other players who play JEMs. They are fine piece of art.
I don’t own a JEM but serious considering buying one.

alamak Stillborn...my salivaz drop oledi looking at d pix

"SHE WILL BE MINE...OH YES,SHE WILL BE MINE"...
-Wayne Campbell of Wayne's World

JEMs are just a step ahead in class. I didn't know that even the tremolo back was perloid. I think the nicest one is the one with the flower paintwork. :D
The vines, the looks, the playability... oh god....

Wangdexian, the flower jem, it isn't paint.

Its a fabric material thats plastered over the body then laccquered over. Nice eh? :)

i got a JEM copy.. :? (the 1 in my sig)

the original JEMs are way over my budget.. still a newbie, didn't wanna over spend on it..

The looks first and foremost. It's just class through and through.

The only downside: It has "Vai" plastered all over it.

JEMs are top notch instruments and very playable. Expensive though. ;)

You know, at least the JEM doesn't literally have Vai's name on it like other signature instruments, which I find absolutely tasteless... 8)

Nah, i meant it in the way that's instantly recognizable. Unlike say the Fender signature series, of which when viewed by the audience might could pass off for a reissue, NOS or something. Just that i don't quite enjoy the attention that'll be drawn to the JEM when playing live, feels "poser-ish" :p

But the JEM is still the epitome of class :D

Latest posts

Back