Advice on which pedals I should buy.

ra1nforest

Hi i am a sec 2 student who just start playing guitar 3 months ago.My current guitar is a firebird copy which i bought it for 599 at blackwood.i need help on deciding what pedals i should buy.i am interested in overdrive,distortion,fuzz and wah.pls include the brand and where to buy it.i am ok wif any price.^^

I would recommend you SD1, DS1 from Boss for starters. No need to get expensive pedals. They are variations of the original design, which i've stated. The most important thing to get is a nice tube amp.

Get the vox wah. I forgot the model. 847 or something. I've stop chasing gears.

just hunt for 2nd hand on the buy / sell forum lah, these pedals are just stepping stones, u're most probably gonna mod them or sell them in the future

just hunt for 2nd hand on the buy / sell forum lah, these pedals are just stepping stones, u're most probably gonna mod them or sell them in the future

Well, he started playing guitar for few months, so i guess its approriate for him to get acquainted with these basics rather than jumping into $200-$300 pedal.

As I've said, get a nice tube amp 1st...

well i dont recommend tube amps for beginners.
The reason is that they are expensive to maintain.Replacing the tubes cost alot.and well hes kinda young to afford tube amps.no offence just my opinion.:cool:

i would recommend the roland cube 15x or 30x.
or the marshall 15watt amps/marshall 15watt micro stacked.

hey, check out the cool cat pedals by danelectro.
they are cheap and pretty darn good for most people to admit who pay high dollar for boutique pedals.

If you are looking for a overdrive pedal, try the cool cat transparent overdrive. you can get one from davis at $38++. It's not the best of lookers but it get's the job done.

lg_TRANSOD.jpg

This $38 cool cat tranparent overdrive put my $$$ hardwire cm2 tube overdrive to shame...

:)

Last edited:
well the biyang metal end king is not bad for a distortion.
it has an amp simulator and etc.
and i'm letting it go soon.
so if u wish to try it,do pm me:)

Last edited:
if i wan a good boss distortion pedal, metal zone is awesome... cheap one .. DS-1 is good too for beginners.. but if u wan, i can sell u my md-1.. lol... try my luck here..

I agree with 9000, excatly, tube amp are not easy for beginner, try the roland tube amp, cheap, small, useful practice amp.

if u wan a good boss distortion pedal, metal zone is awesome... cheap one .. DS-1 is good too for beginners.. but if u wan, i can sell u my md-1.. lol... try my luck here..

I agree with 9000, excatly, tube amp are not easy for beginner, try the roland Cube amp, cheap, small, useful practice amp.

Fixed :cool:

Last edited:
if i wan a good boss distortion pedal, metal zone is awesome... cheap one .. DS-1 is good too for beginners.. but if u wan, i can sell u my md-1.. lol... try my luck here..

I agree with 9000, excatly, tube amp are not easy for beginner, try the roland tube amp, cheap, small, useful practice amp.

hey i wan it. how much u selling?

I recommend you check out the Danelectro CoolCat Metal pedal. It's true bypass, metal chassis and sounds great for less than $100. You can get it TYMC at Excelsior.

I would recommend you SD1, DS1 from Boss for starters. No need to get expensive pedals. They are variations of the original design, which i've stated. The most important thing to get is a nice tube amp.

Get the vox wah. I forgot the model. 847 or something. I've stop chasing gears.

thx 4 the recommendation. i am going to buy all 3 of them if swee lee has stock

well i dont recommend tube amps for beginners.
The reason is that they are expensive to maintain.Replacing the tubes cost alot.and well hes kinda young to afford tube amps.no offence just my opinion.:cool:

i would recommend the roland cube 15x or 30x.
or the marshall 15watt amps/marshall 15watt micro stacked.

i know i am young and i dont hav to be reminded that i am young.I already hav a vox(not sure of the name,my bro gave it to me) tube amp and a hybrid johnson tube amp.Roland cube sux btw.

i know i am young and i dont hav to be reminded that i am young.I already hav a vox(not sure of the name,my bro gave it to me) tube amp and a hybrid johnson tube amp.Roland cube sux btw.

just chill. people are only trying to share knowledge, and cater to you, not flaming you about your age.

and the cubes do not suck (only the acoustic setting). they're pretty good for beginners as it will allow them to experiment with tone and see what they like better. on hand, there is a wide palette of variety of tone to experiment with. i have one as a backup in case i have to play and i don't want to transport my tube amp around.

by the way i suggest a nice low-mid gain overdrive if you are playing an AC15 or AC30. high gain doesn't really work well with the ACs.

Last edited:
LOL, ps error.

I am selling $80. it is an awesome. i brought less then a month.

and, i am also 14. okay? relax.

Last edited:
Back