3rd Drum Meetup 26th May-Clinic By Kevin Corey Of Heritage !

Status
Not open for further replies.
HINT

Batman = Bruce Wayne

Superman = Clarke Kent

Spiderman = Peter Parker

The Incredible Hulk: Bruce Banner.

:lol: Rudi Here - Cannot say like that lah Bro ! (Incredible sulk)

Lucifersatan: ??????????????

kenny,
wow was tht sarcasim. bionic ears okie fair enough, no i dun have them. look ur coming into this all wrong, there was just no slamming of corey by the people of this forum lately. so u coming in with such a strong statement stirs the sand up again. why wld u want tht?
u've been bad mouthed alot we get tht, all of us have at some stage. get over it. or dun, keep feeling persecuted, makes no diff to me.

i have been respectful in all my post concerning u and even defended u. u obviously dun see tht, fine by me Bro.

god wat a whiner

Agree with alvin's points.

Rudimental drummer,

If its cory's clinic than you should as a moderator try to get more pple to come to his clinic lah.

Absolutely not. RD is a FORUM moderator. He's not a promoter, agent, or PR person. He is NOT OBLIGATED to promote or push anything, any event, any person or product, except in his own capacity, of his own free will.

If he likes Pearl drums, he'll say it's good. If he wants to encourage people to go for the clinic, he'll do it on his own accord. If you paid someone to promote your event, fine, go and pressure him all you want, it's his job.

RD has already done a lot by putting this event under the banner of the meet-ups, and encouraging people to attend right from the first page of this thread.

Do note, he doesn't 'have to' because he's a moderator, but if he does (and he has), it's because he personally believes in Corey and that people attending can benefit.

------------------------------------------------------
For some weird reason, thread topics don't seem to mean anything, we just bochup them and most threads seem to lose focus :lol:

May I suggest, in future, all of us look at the thread topic, and if what we're about to type/say isn't STRICTLY related to it, just start a new thread - Just so we can preserve some of the threads. Imagine someone new wanting to signup for this event, now has to swim through 10 pages of crap, and they might just be turned off after that.

Let's try lah, make this place easier to navigate :wink:

Bro Kenny

Wah as a Moderator - Is it really my responsibility to try to get more pple to go to Corey's clinic ? Hey be a little fair to me lah - I myself and the committee here have already done our best to disseminate this NEWS to the community here within Soft ..... even to the extend of Combining Our Monthly Meetup with Corey's Clinic/Talk Show & putting it up here for all to see - so that hopefully more forumers here will sign up for Corey's clinic in spite the fact that many actually wanted to have the Meetup seperated from this month Clinic by Corey ..................Have we not really done our best for our Bro Corey here to the best of our ability.

I agree to a certain extend it is my job here to help spread the news about Corey's Clinic but kindly also understand I have no control on how many will attend or actually will turn up at Corey's Clinic.

Wah you like that say me how can lah Bro, I already did my best liao here.

PS: - Just for your info. Our 1st drum meetup (50 sign up - turn up rate only 30 people), In the 2nd meetup we have less than 15 bros turning up....This is a norm lah here and we live by it. Corey's Clinic attendance is I would say - Normal Response Rate here

Bro Kenny

Yes it is true that there were comments on both you and Corey (There are good ones and also there are the bad ones also). However this happens to everyone not only on Musicians and you and Corey here, it's common and is a facts of life.

Whatever people want to say, let them say lah but there is only one way to proof them wrong - It is through our own deeds & words here especially in Soft Forum as the best way is to live & set by example to all here - People perceive us as what we are through what we write & put up here as there is no face to face interaction.

Bro Kenny: don't get angry with me - but the way you project yourself here is - that you are really a very Arrogant Person Whether By Nature Or Not (That's what most people actually thinks of you) and I don't think they are completely wrong just by looking at the way you say things here - cause you yourself had make people perceive you as what they think you are. Why validate that perception further of being Arrogance In You

The good thing is - - - That You Are Indeed An Awesome Drummer and everyone knows it actually.

Did it ever occur to you that - it might be because of that arrogance in you that people are talking about and not because how good you are in your drumming or your drumming carreer here?

So I would say you have build yourself 2 Image - A Good one and a Bad one here and that's how I look at it too.

if kenny hogan is 'ARROGANT' then kevin corey is ....what? humble?
all i have been reading or seeing is that he is one heck of an expert with emoticons and nothing much to do with drumming!
maybe we can all learn how to display emoticons like corey at his clinic/talk show.
what's missing here? i did ask for kevin corey to validate his credibility by writing for us the intro to 'two princes' by spin doctors as played by their drummer aaron comes here but it got deleted, why i dont know.

james,mod, so far i am in line right?

fgl

Hey fgl, what I'm saying is that cory should at least reveal which nick he belongs to. By not doing so and by using his current nick to "test water" and to post anything "on behalf of himself"...he is just inviting more skeptics. I like him as a person when I meet him, so I urge him to come out of that shell.

P.S. As much as I love comics and even collected them when I was a kid, I don't live in one. So if you want to live in this world...come out!

Hi All,

I jnust got back from my rehearsals and once again my wife and I can't stop laughing seriously Bros (':lol:')(':D')

And here we go again abt me being "Arrogant"? I am quite surprised coz just the other time RD was talking to me for more than an hour an I asked him if I was arrogant and he said NO. Anyway I am still amazed when pple do not still know me on a personal basis say I am arrogant.

For ALL the sprituals sake PLEASE for once don't just assume I am arrogant by my writing style. Check with pple who has worked with me if I am arrogant.

Oh yes I was talking to RD earlier & asked if he was able to get those folks who said that I was arrogant bcoz I wld like to see them tell that to my face and man......its really a sign of insecurity and low self esteem if you folks are hiding behing your nicks!!!!!!

Please, once again if you are a gentleman, come out and say what you dislike or unhappy abt me and I will promise you I will answer diplomatically.

On a serious note, I am able to come for a meet up to meet you folks so pls let me know. Don't worry I am not a "Paikiah" bcoz I don't do that kind of childish acts. I just want to clear all this bcoz I got really no time to reply to these wasting time comments.

For once pls come out for the meet up and I PROMISE you and honour my word I will answer all your questions without any grudges or hatred. But hope you will feel the same way too lah as long u don''t get pple to break my hands or legs haahaahaa.

Peace To My "Arrogant"Bros ('8)'

If you are too "shy" to come out of your "insecure shell"U can email me at mmmk@pacific.net.sg

OK enuf said lets stick to Cory's Clinic!!!!!!

Kenny Hogan
www.kennyhoganumi.com

Kenny the last time was also the 1st time over the phone which was weeks back and I did say you are not arrogant...but today I posted and I did think you are arrogant - because of the way you communicate in your post.

I did say to you today again afew hours back - Speaking to you again over the phone today- you are not so arrogant true over the phone but I cannot understand why is it so different when you post things up here....so I think either you change alittle in the manner you post as it could be misleading giving a misconception of yourself or a wrong perceive image of yourself here in Soft or you should really meet up with fellow bros here so people know you better of who you really are...eg in Monthly meetups or your clinics.

Also a word of fairness here -words counts alot here and people will make judgement based on what ones put it up here (as they have never met), so it is understood why people feels that way of you - this is the source of how people based their judgement (as words are an expression of oneself) ....like me never met you before too in real person - - Are you tall dark handsome or vice versa Kekekeke ! :lol:

cheers

Hi All,

I am really sorry but I will have to stop this forums replies for now as I have to prepare for my upcoming shows overseas. If there is anything u want to talk abt or if it is urgent, my personal email I check 24 hrs a day mmmk@pacific.net.sg

Rock On and Bye for now & hope to be back in 3 weeks time!

In the meantime,hope you guys will take positive criticisms and not be "petty" with small comments lah.

See You at Cory's Clinic.

PSI buy you all some souveniers or tidbits when I come back so you all won't fight lah (':p')(':D')('8O')

Kenny Hogan
www.kennyhoganumi.com

Dear Softies,

I am Sarah, Kenny Hogan's wife. I have been reading all of the comments from day one and have spoken to Kenny that I will be replying on his behalf which Kenny also requested. After all I have been taking care of Kenny's local and administrative work for ages and I am aware of all those misleading remarks which we have been hearing over more than a decade!

From next week, Kenny will be starting his travels and frankly he personally told me he does not want to spend too much of his energies on the soft but channel it towards his work. Therefore, I have decided to visit you guys once in a while and mainly also to clear the unwanted rumours of him being arrogant and too many more which I need not elaborate.

We really hope to keep this froum healthy and positive however that may be a daunting task and for us,we do what we can to be part of soft from time to time provided if they are intellectual and mature arguements or comments etc.

Often you will see me most of the time with Kenny for his shows as I am there to meet organizers so pls don'tn run away when some of you see us because we are really not "proud or arrogant" as many locals here always have this wrong perception of him.

I apologize for this "odd time" letter but will stick to Cory's thread now.

Oh Yes, in case you want to know, I am drummer to so I will know what you guys are talking about:wink:

with regards
Sarah Wellington

hi blurred,rudimentaldrummer and alvinthedrummer

first of all im speaking on behalf on kevin drum clinic on 26th may at 2pm at jj alante.this is kevin 2nd drum clinic the first is at nus for the arts festival,and this will be his 2nd clinic at jj.
is also a talk show just like david letterman an so on.
also that we have heritage anniversary at 10pm at jj,free food and all are welcome
my point is he is seldom online but he knows and see whats going on online.
we all have our deep dark secrets,so we must respect those and respect ourself too.
just to let you all know that as for kenny hogan what he says its the truth,he is just saying his point of view
if you ppl can except that
thats too bad cos nobody here is hiding anything behind a nick,cos everyone is doing that.
all your questions will be answer at kevin drum clinic
do hope to see ya all there
cheers and have a good weekend
and lets party on

Hi Kenny, I think you should start sticking to the thread topic lah. You did mention in your first few posts that you know who those people are (those who have made nasty remarks about you) right? So maybe you should discuss this over with them out of this forum. This is really making everyone very uncomfortable.

Also if you think that all the other instructors out there are teaching wrong techniques or are not providing enough, and if you are truly confident in your teaching methods, you should just ignore those remarks! Your teachings should speak for itself through your students so in time people will know right? Why bother wasting your time here? And if you're confident that everyone else is jealous of your achievements then shouldn't you feel proud that you have achieve something to such an extensive level? I would take that as a form of reasurrance of my achievements really...so why feel agitated? Jealousy should be a form of agitation on their part right?

Lets move on from here k and start contributing in a more beneficial manner like maybe help answer some newbie queries or throw in some groove ideas here and there, recommend some listening material etc...I believe everyone's hungry to learn something from anyone with your credentials...I know I would!

lucifisatan

Nope, not everyone is hiding behind a nick...I know I'm not...in fact, most of the forum members have revealed their real names and I have also been blessed to have met some of them.

Nobody is asking anyone to reveal any deep dark secret...not unless your deep dark secret is drumming related...

All I am saying is that if cory does not want anymore skeptics, my opinion is for him to start being himself. My last post was purely out of good will....

Dear Alvin,

Relax dear friend and yes I plan to stick to the thread and I did mentioned Kenny will be out for sometime.... haven't you read? Kenny also personally felt that he should be channelling his energies on more important issues pertaining to his work on his upcoming overseas shows which is just next week.

Alvin, as far as helping newbies, I know Kenny would always love to contribute his expertise but haven't you heard that he is unable to do that kind of contribution as his Manager in Perth doesn't allow him to do that due to his contract agreement? He has spoken to RD on the phone including the reason why he had backed out of the committee.I believe he posted it too?

Again Kenny had spoken to RD that he is willing to conduct clinics or masterclasses for newbies and instructors if they wish once in every 2 months. In case some of you may not know that Kenny had also been invited to conduct a series of masterclasses for instructors around the region but unfortunately not in S'pore as some local instructors may feel he is threading in their shoes. Btw, we were told this by quite a number of schools here and this is not an assumption or speculation.

Then again, Kenny did not have a single problem conducting for drum instructors overseas. I guess we do not want to elaborate why its a problem doing it here for local S'pore drum instructors but any one of you can have your own thoughts about this. And please, I hope this "drum instructor clinic thing" won't be another remark or condemnation session for Kenny because thats what he gets paid overseas for doing a professional job. So for some drum teachers out there I kindly and very politely urge you to PLEASE, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way or start the "assumptions" of Kenny.

Alvin, I believe Kenny does not mean ALL instructors or ALL schools are not teaching the right stuff. Relax Alvin,we know you have a school yourself and we are aware that its not right for anybody to claim that everyone is not good in their skill.Like Kenny had said, that if any teacher is confident then why worry or panic because your students will know right?

Hope and pray there will be peace,drumming comraderie and warmth amongst us and we hope to see you all at Kenny's future clinic after his overseas shows from July onwards.That way all of you drummers can talk and know him in person rather than hearing it from people whom personally don't even know him.

If anyone of you are free, please come down to the National Institute of Education on the 16th May 12.30 -2.30pm for Kenny's clinic/masterclass invitation which will be strictly for NIE Music Educators. However,since its a 'closed door'show, we are allowed to invite ONLY 3 friends so RD you mentioned you wanted to come?

Alvin,you are most welcome! Let us know by this Monday.

God Bless All.....(':D')

warmest regards,
Sarah Wellington

Well...well...here goes Kenny again. I think he's a trouble maker. Talked big as if he's No.1. Ok nevermind lah, since he want's to be number one I give him 0.5. How better? All vote for Kenny as 0.5, raise their hands!!

Hey...by the way, I'm David Bian. I'm not hiding under my nick ah...!! For those who knew, Thank you for remembering. For those who don't it's ok, I maybe too old to be in this industry.

Ankh aka 'Spider'

Dear Spider,

Thats not nice of you to say that? But I truly forgive you as you are a senior citizen ok?

Regarding the NO.1 issue...well Kenny personally is aquainted with all the No.1 drummers in the region all of whom are dear friends to him. He is aware that all these great drummers whom he truly respects and admires had conducted not more than 100 drum clinics. Kenny for your info has conducted over 200 or shall I say around 244 to be exact?

Spider, is it not right for Kenny to claim the leading drum clinician around the region?

Dear Lord...I don't now why some of you still have issues with Kenny.

God Bless!

Sarah W

Dear Friends of Soft,

After receiving the regular insults and the usual assumptions of Kenny, I personally feel that we (Kenny and I) have to stop visiting soft for the time being. Frankly, its a daunting task trying to communicate on soft as writing often sends out the wrong signal even if it is not intended.

I guess we will come back again,when Kenny plans to do a clinic (HOPEFULLY) if soft members wish to come. Kenny has spoken to RD regarding his main intention for soft clinics which are to get closer and create a warm comraderie feeling amongst all the soft including those who are against him.

That, in all honesty is Kenny's plan for the time being. Hope to see some of you at his clinics after June when he is back overseas.

Abundant Blessings and May God Bless all of us.

Peace to drumming and the World!

Sarah Wellington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back