3rd Drum Meetup 26th May-Clinic By Kevin Corey Of Heritage !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Update - The Show Must Go On

Those Attending this Clinic & 3rd Meetup
(1) James (Soft)
(2) RudimentalDrummer
(3) rla
(4) Reuben
(5) danial
(6) blissuicide
(7) plainsman
(8 )l kenny_guy
(9) Rustee
(10) Frummer
(11) Paradidz
(12) pablo
(13) drum_hobbyist
(14) Tetragrammaton
(15) mel80
(16) danial's friend ( no soft acc )
(17) caijunlong
[18] Laz

After reading this thread, I feel really insulted. I think it's hilarious how Kenny Hogan is alienating his core audience.

I'm sure that after this, many people won't even bother going for the clinic anymore.

The posts are rife with sarcasm and sardonic pleasure. And whatever quotes from "psychology" that was pulled out in another thread was all really, really stupid. People criticize NOT because they cannot play or perform well or "as well as you". If that's true then world class musicians will stop criticizing others in the studio if they feel that something can be played better. It's not ALWAYS about jealousy and insecurity. This is, at best, anonymous quotes from some primary school joke book. I have studied psychology for a while and obviously someone here has not.

I think this attitude is what's truly destroying the music industry here. At first I thought maybe Mr Hogan was just misunderstood. But after listening to some people who have worked with him before, I think it's safe to say that there are some serious problems. And no, none of those people I know are "insecure" in any way.

I'm not trying to stir up any fires. In relevance to this thread I must say that in order to convince anyone to go to this clinic, you'd have to show good reasons for people to attend. So far I don't see any significant reasons. I'm not going to support local musicians just because they are local. Not saying that anyone can't play; just saying I want to see the SELLING POINT of this clinic.

Mrs Hogan

Hey Sarah, please re-read my post! I'm relaxed as a dead snake...

I'm merely trying to explain to him that there is no need to get worked up over these issues. If you've read my other post to cory....I have my share of nasty remarks too...but if you're true to yourself and to what you do, then your truth will be revealed to the majority in no time. That is all I wanted to get through to him...gosh!

"Alvin, I believe Kenny does not mean ALL instructors or ALL schools are not teaching the right stuff. Relax Alvin,we know you have a school yourself and we are aware that its not right for anybody to claim that everyone is not good in their skill.Like Kenny had said, that if any teacher is confident then why worry or panic because your students will know right? "

Now, on the other hand, this to me is a personal insult. Didn't take it in during Kenny's previous posts...but this one just got me! All I'm saying is that there is no point in telling people what the other schools or teachers are doing wrong. All you need to do is keep doing what you do and if its the truth, the good things will show through your students! And here you are asking me to relax and insulting my confidence. Now, who is the one with confidence issues now? If Kenny recalls, I did compliment his drumming and said how I was wowed by his performance once and might wanna call him for one or two lessons...so you can now take me out of your list of jealous people.

I can too dig up a whole load of stuff to my credit both....but I rather do it another way...let my work do the talking instead, its way more powerful. Oh by the way, I have no problem attending workshops! Most of my $$ is spent on attending clinics....and I still ask fellow drummers how they do what they do at times......I have no problems learning from local drummers. I do however choose who I study with. Credits are of my last interest but musical + personal masturity is the most important factor. I would go to those who I know, knows humility, cos these are the deepest people. I would unfortunately give a pass on your clinic for now.

As for Kenny's contract...that is a big WOAH...i've had my fair share of contracts but nothing like these (maybe I'm too cheap..YIKES!). I've worked with world-class drummers who has their own managers with no issues like these...I also know so many great drummers (big names too) that goes to clubs to play for free (for the love of music YEAH!) and run their own forums and discuss drumming topics for free....Kenny might wanna re-think that contract of his man....cos us local drummers will find it hard to relate to him if he can't even share casually in a forum.

Also, I think you should stop using the word "assumption". I don't think anyone's assuming anything now. At first maybe...but I think we are SURE now.

All the best!

all i can say is

OOOHH YESSSS, THEY ARE GONE.

now keep ur word sarah and kenny, dun come back and posttt nowwww.
ahhahahahaha

if u dun come back i will try my best not to be petty, jealous and insecure. u have my word

cherrios

hahhahaha

(1) James (Soft)
(2) RudimentalDrummer
(3) rla
(4) Reuben
(5) danial
(6) blissuicide
(7) plainsman
(8 )l kenny_guy
(9) Rustee
(10) Frummer
(11) Paradidz
(12) pablo
(13) drum_hobbyist
(14) Tetragrammaton
(15) mel80
(17) caijunlong
(18 ) Laz
(19) Billyong

i added no. 19 to the namelist , he added me on msn and ask him to help him in posting in the forum as he had problems logging in , :)

Hey Kenny,

I guess you might still be able to read this. Just to let you know, RD had really did his part to let cory's clinic be known. He had done as much as what he did for our monthly meet-ups. Most of our committee members will be turning up as a show of support too.

See you at Cory's clinic.

Daniel,

PM RLA or RD. Thanks!

RD, keep doing what you are doing. Don't let a few misunderstandings and conflicts get in the way of your passion. Thanks for all your efforts so far and thanks for taking up the "undesirable' job of the moderator. Continue to rock dude.

RLA

Ok,

Cut to the chase! If any of you have any issues call me on my hp and discuss & don't hide behind you computers.

Alvin,have u read my contract? What in freakin world do you know abt my contract and blindly make claims? Every artiste contract is different & its embarrasing coz a pro like you should know man. You should know that I have to abide by many agreements.Strange coz I thought you should know but I guess yours is definitely a contract where your Mgr suka suka ask you to do what you want or play here and there fo free & also give free comments!!! Hello friend wake up bcoz I can do that before but now I can't coz I have an artiste /manager contract.

Btw, do you wanna see my contract? If you did then you and the rest will keep your "Hantam Bola" remarks to yourself!! Now you know why I like to use the word "ASSUMPTION" Alvin and gang???? Speak to RD and ask him what I mentioned in my contract. Don't agak agak when u do not have a single clue abt my contract written both by our lawyers! This is not TOILET PAPER!

Oh btw.Pls name me the world class drummers whom worked with you? I really want to know coz I did not see or hear you mentioning that in you Bio? Btw,its a shame how you think i caused you a personal insult. I personally called you that day and wanted to meet up and got to know you better but yes I had just changed the location not far from our original meet and you never called back.I sms you few days ago saying that I wanted to learn some theory with you and we could also exchange but you said you were too busy?avoiding something than say it straight lah.

Alvin, if I insulted you in any way then you shld believe in your work and yourself! C'mon be strong and be able to fall and stand up again if you encounter it! I had fallen numerous of times and the falling never stops.

I happened to read you bio some months ago in your website and you said earlier you had mentioned your credits? Name them please? You are going too far and pushing me to my limit if you want to talk about credits!!! I honestly respect every musician as what they are but there has to be a line drawned.I also know every one has their own levels of skills & journey thay want to take!

Mr."Blur" u seem to talk alot? Are you a professional in the music industry? May I know what have you done to contribute here or any where overseas? I wanna know who I am talking to coz u are hiding behind a nick! C'mon let me hear what you got since you have been making so many "great" comments about me!Don't feel embarass about your occupation or profile u earned it Bro.

Hey funkafized, u studied psychology and then you shld know what it means to be "Anonymous" are you lacking something in ur life,career,girlfriend?Perhaps u can tell me more about youself too and how much you know about me from pple.

Let me kindly clear this to all of you. Funkafized u mentioned "SOME" pple worked with me b4 had some serious problems? What about the rest?

Listen carefully....I assumed the pple who had serious problems with me was the ones who got sacked by me becoz of their unprofessionalism or they can't take the pressure performing overseas or they lack something which my band members and I can't click well. Oh and I wld be happy to know them tell it personally to my face. I know not many here still dare do it cos many guys just talk and comments thats all! Step up and speak if you are a gentleman.

If I have a problem I will personally call that person. My numbers are in my web. Call me or I can call you?Choice is yours and I will use my precious time for you.

It doesn't matter if no one comes to my clinic coz eerrrr.....I don't really do much work here in S'pore? Most of my clinics here are closed door invitations in govt bodies here. So its not a big deal if you guys don't feel like coming.In case you might not know I have been actively working overseas for past 7 years? Got it?

Ask RD my main reason why I want to do clinics here.Reason is to get together pple I have not seen in soft and I am happy to finally meet. PLEASE I am not dying to earn lots of money from the $10 per head clinic. Im am getting minimum USD$ 1500-$2000 for my 2 hour clinics overseas. Do u think I am desperate for students or clinic fees here!

FYI, I have said this and say it again. I have turned down 3 offers to teach in schools here and one of them which is very lucrative is Ministry Of Education last year. I have turned down another 2 offers to teach full time overseas but thats not in my agenda or goals for now.

So great talkers now do you think I wanna do this clinics for money???? I simply want to get to know the newer drummers here in S'pore as they may have heard of me but not know me in person & pple like u are giving them these remarks abt me.This are the stuff that I have spoken to RD few days ago.Check with him!!!!

So for you pple ....if I am arroggant, then why the hell am I wasting my time trying to do clinics for some of the soft members? Do u jokers think I am doing this to "steal" your precious students or "steal" your jobs?

TOLONG DON'T KANCHIONG LAH BRO'S IF I REALLY WANT TO DO IT......I WILL 100% FOCUS MY MIND TO DO IT THEN I CAN GET MANY STUDENTS LIKE I USED TO IN THE EARLY 90's.Oh yes, did I mention I used to have 60 students I was teaching at my condo????

But don't worry lah I have a different set of shit I want to achieve which is much higher than what I am doing now.

You wanna know something, actually 3 of my dearest teachers have been reading soft and a few overseas drummers for some time now and its sad coz they and a few others told me that some of you folks there are just afraid I may take away your rice bowl or feel that I am now in the way. But as far as I know, you can still carry on taking down my ads and spreading rumours coz I have been used to this for years so I am immune.

Its no wonder a number of pple have been telling me to stop going in soft as its the few pple who are turning this into a circus.

Kenny Hogan
www.kennyhoganumi.com

comon ppl

come on ppl
are you calling kenny a trouble maker in this fourm here
we are all drummers here.what he has done on tour to drum clinic in other countries which is good for him. he is just saying the truth about it
let me tell you guys out there one more thing
he has the guts to do what he do,so does kevin corey drum clinic
they are doing things in a different way.everyone has got their own thing in drumming.
look at the american drummers or the english
just take a look at modern drummers look at their commitee
they support each other in their drumming
why cant we support our local drummers here in singapore
just think about it
thank you and goodnight

Hi ALL,

I have been teaching at the School of Visually Handicapped for past 5 years as a vulunteer instructor totally for FREE and currently I am teaching at the S'pore Boys Town again 100% free!!!

Reason why I do tis is coz I have a soft heart for many unfortunate kids and teenagers who come from broken families and some of them have no parents and more horrible but true stories which you don't want to know oir may not be bothered!!!!!

Recently the former drum instructor at the Boys town was told to leave as the staff found out he was not doing a good teaching job. Mind you he was gettting paid a professional fee but for me, I was very sincere and happy to volunteer when I know I can ask a higher amount if I wanted to!!!!

My freaking point is and I want to quote the brainless joker Funkafized Quote..."After reading this thread, I feel really insulted. I think it's hilarious how Kenny Hogan is alienating his core audience".

Hey Joker Funkafized,.....NOW YOU KNOW what you are saying and again assuming???

IN PLAIN ENGLISH FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND!!!!

I am not alienating my "core audience" as what you said bcoz I do not NEED any CORE AUDIENCE as these wonderful pple be it blind or homeless are MY CORE AUDIENCE and get that in your small tiny brain!!!!!

Most of you pple don't even know that I have travelled to some of the poorer countries to play for FREE coz I really want to give back to society and the less fortunate!!!

I really piety some of you for making such dumb and blind assumptions!!! I guess some of my loving blind brothers and sisters are more smarter and they don't make "BLIND ASSUMPTIONS" or jump to conclusions!!

Wake Up especially for those so call "BIG TIME" drummers!!!

Hey Ankh aka "Spider Old Man" aka "PMS"

So much for the "Troublemaker" I am which you quoted. I really respect older folks but you? I, Sorry I don't think so! Hope you enjoyed "Batam" Spidey

Kenny Hogan
www.kennyhoganumi.com

Hi friends....

Its rather strange bcoz the pple who quite oftened "condemned"me are not atttending Cory's clinic.

I am sure some of you may know I will be coming and I am happy to meet you all in person for a friendly chat bcoz I have nothing to fear, hide or feel uneasy about. Unless those "few" are?

I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE....THIS WORLD IS TOO SMALL FOR ENEMIES SO WAKE UP & SMELL THE DRUMSTICKS!!!

I will promise and honour my word to be the first one to shake your hands even for those whom made false remarks abt me.

I also promise you upon meeting, I will Forgive and Forget Bro's! But if you can't, then its not the end of the world for me as I still have my wonderful but challenging life, my sweet wife,my beautiful& naughty kids, my awesome career and my warm and wonderful "core audience" at the poor homes to look forward to !!

Hey "Spider" I would be happy to meet you too and hopefully we all can forget our arguements and carry on with our daily lives!

PS: I did not forget you too Rork pls come and I WILL say Hi FIRST('8)

GOD BLESS AND ABUNDANT BLESSINGS!!!!!

Kenny Hogan
www.kennyhoganumi.com

wait didn't u say u weren't posting in the near future? wat happened to tht?

my name is mark, when i'm back in july and if there's a gathering and if ur busy schedule permits i'd introduce myself dun u worry.

wait didn't u say u weren't posting in the near future? wat happened to tht?

Woohoo......!!! It's like a battle ground here....!!

Hehehehe....!! Anyway just an update!

(1) James (Soft)
(2) RudimentalDrummer
(3) rla
(4) Reuben
(5) danial
(6) blissuicide
(7) plainsman
(8 )l kenny_guy
(9) Rustee
(10) Frummer
(11) Paradidz
(12) pablo
(13) drum_hobbyist
(14) Tetragrammaton
(15) mel80
(17) caijunlong
(18 ) Laz
(19) Billyong

Faz (Tetragrammaton)

yah it is, i wish it wasn't really. it really suck to have so much anger on the forums.

Look everyone some of u guys from the older gatherings know me and some of u don't. i feel we really need to stop this as this is just getting out of hand. i think this thread shld be closed and buried. no offence to kenny corey but this thread needs to be closed, it's hurting the forum more than helping it. wats gonna happen is there will be so much tension at ur clinic and it'll be hard to get a response from anyone, or u need to step in now and take control abit of wats happening in this forum thts promoting ur clinic.

everyone needs to calm down. chill out abit. i'm angry as well at some of the things said but this can't go on.

yup everyone needs to calm down...

Kenny is merely replying to the attacks so his shortlived hiatus is fully understandable.

Maybe stuff like this should be addressed in another thread, cause ultimately this is Corey's. :D

chill out guys.

Great Job with the Boy's town stint by the way , Kenny!

:D Sometimes, the less we say, the less misunderstood we are.

U see James...w/o gfl as peacekeeper force... WAR erupts yet again! :lol:

I'm going.... I'M GOING.... bye... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back