23rd Feb(Saturday)–(DXS) Public Performances At JGCC For Mexican Embassy/MP & Public

hey man, thanks everyone for the help and many many other stuffs + the efforts that everyone has put in ...

it was our first and i'm sure there will be more to come.

Inspired to Drum, Drumming to Inspire!

=xenOgenesis

I definitely hope there would be a nxt one! This one was great fun man! BA BA BaBAm! BA BA BaBam! Ba Ba Ba BAM!
And yep thanks everyone for their hard work! I hope de vids can be posted up soon! ^^

think our DXS leaders have already delivered detailed thank you speeches, no point for me to echo them.

but what i'd like to say is, despite all the hiccups during rehearsals, planning, and the actual day's events, i'm glad that we all rallied around each other as fellow performers and supporters. i figure hiccups are unavoidable, just a thing that life throws us once in a while. but we came out alive and kicking...and with broad grins eh? and we're richer for the experience that the good and bad gave us.

i was humbled (and touched) by some things that happened during this whole period of time:

- Tama writing the score for our percussion piece, getting updates from our practices, making changes to the score several times to make it easier, giving us feedback and advice...

- Nazreen taking several hours for 5 days to coach us, doing last minute shopping for an adaptor to hook up his metronome for our practice sessions when he realised our timing was pretty bad, and at the same time preparing his own drum battle segment plus he was involved with the orchestral performance on the same day as well...

- my fellow percussion performers for being so hardworking despite school and day jobs. imagine, most of us had not really known each other before our 1st practice, and a few only joined after the 2nd or 3rd practice. yet we all got along well, encouraged and pushed each other, and eventually put up a decent performance. despite our differences in ages and drumming background and prowess, the fact is, we came together and we did it...and we had fun all the way.

i've learnt a lot from all these pple during these 2-3 wks. THANK YOU TO YOU ALL...YOU GUYS (AND GALS) ARE THE BEST!!

Last edited:
Thanks to Tama and Nazreen! They volunteered to help us out at no cost! If not for Tama, we won't have any thing to play. If not for Nazreen, we'll probably can't figure out how to play. With the help of Nat, we got everything together better too. I really hope we can do this again.

hey "drumliners" add me on msn?
so we could keep contact and form up again soon =D
pacifusion @ hotmail dot com :mrgreen:

hearing from the awesome responses/reviews/articles, im really honoured to be one of DXS members.. u guys rocked out. \M/!!

too bad i had to miss it for my brother's birthday.. :(

if u guys don't mind i add u guys at msn to kip in touch. :D

i took afew with my fisheye too..:)

fe11.jpg

fe13.jpg

fe12.jpg

hey guys,feel free to add me on msn too.
(just incase you guys have no clue,i was the guy in green during the performance day.)

ay xeno, dun get excited...your face is there also...2nd pic i think

jackson, cool pics u got there...but a bit of a voyeuristic feel to me..haha. no offense..they are actually quite interesting.

Wah finally got time to finally visit the forum in a few days...Time for my very late

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Especially to Tama for writing the piece, Nazreen for taking precious time off just to vomit on the first few days (lol not funny), James for giving me a lift to Paya Lebar on rehearsal night (i am the tampinesian who makes the ultimate arduous journey to jurong, future Ironman triathlon runner), my buddy drumliners for the support and making the whole thing successful, and to the people who came to support, whether in person or in spirit. :mrgreen:

Feel free to add me on msn too! But do leave a note or something saying who you are. :)

metzalx@hotmail.com

Hi Everyone: -

Thanks all the DXS Members who were there Performing, Participating or Supporting this very 1st-Ever-OutDoor Event….and of course all those people I had mentioned earlier in this Thread….

I’ve been really very busy lately with my work (some major marketing & sales Problem arises) …and so (Editing , Loading into Photo-Bucket and re-directing the Photos for the Event here – takes time) especially talking about some 150 pics or so……I shall be loading it once I’ve finished it – I’m Sorry for the Delay.

One thing I strongly notice & feel it personally (and I believed all DXS Members who were there at the Event) can feel the “TEAMWORK” DXS Members had in the Entire Event (even Before, during and after the event) ….I’ve not seen such Strong-Attribute in other Other Groups over there.(and this is the Truth from my observation) – and I’m really so Proud of each and everyone of you – and This Is What DXS Is Make-Up Of – Great People & Drummers....and we are DISTINCT here. That's our Difference.

PS:- I am hoping to get Meetup time extended from 12pm to 9pm in the future (but I will have to discuss it with CC - to get the Time-Slot)....Also Objective of DXS is to have at least 2 DrumSet, but hopefully 3 to 4 Drumset (Sponsored By Whoever) by end 2008.....cheers !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back