23rd Feb(Saturday)–(DXS) Public Performances At JGCC For Mexican Embassy/MP & Public

there are videos for the drum battles? @.@ i only noticed youknowho snapping pics but not videos...

Yeah there are vids. Ron (blueprintstudios) mic-ed up all the kits in the shortest time possible and video-ed everything down. I should have timed how long it took Ron to set up. He did everything up in record time! POWER!

well good news, i'm done with the videos. will upload to box.net tonight and be able to put up a new thread to share it with the whole forum.

SOFT DrumXchange Live @ JGCC 2008 Public Performances At JGCC

i'm done! Link is here : http://tinyurl.com/yo389a

sorry to take so long, as this is my first upgrade of videocamera in 5 years since the GigVideos thing started. it's a HDcam, so the colour and quality's better, and what took longer is I touched up the videos (first time processing videos) , so it's sharper, clearer and more fluid.

the file size is huge, but I guarantee it'll be worth your download. better than VCD quality, but lower than DVD. (so the size is download friendly)

to people who're interested in the full length divx videos, you may have to come over my work place (pm me) with your thumbdrive or something , it's like 1.38gigabyte in file size. and organisers who are interested in the original raw footage, erm that one is 13gig in file size and in a very format-unfriendly .MTS file format ...

cheers

Last edited:
so does anyone have any problems downloading it? or not worth the time? haha. those downloaded already put up comments leh, at least either feedback to me or feedback for ppl to read that it's worth the slow download?

I didn't download the videos (hdd no space for such big videos! lol), but I have watched the one that is already up on youtube. Sound wise it is pretty good. Image quality wise, it looks good too.

Just some feedback for future reference, if you don't mind Ron. :)

I think using a tripod to record will have more stable images.
When filming drum battles, personally I think it will be better to focus on both the drummers at the same time. Only when they start to take turns to do individual solos, then focus on one drummer.

Overall, it's a great effort! :D

oh.. now $180 can get 500gb hdd already time to upgrade hehehe.

anyway yeah you probably realised I only had a chance to grab the tripod only after the 1st drum battle. it was so "nonstop" impromptu thing (I still didn't have an idea of whats going on. I thought drum line > break > drum battle, but instead the drumbattle started immediately) and not to forget abit too tired by that time. ok la this's as good as it gets, i'll be making changes to my live mobile recording setup so I can focus more on filming next time.

thanks for the feedback!

Considering that you did all of it yourself, it was a very very good effort Ron. You probably had too many things going on in your head lol.

Keep it going man. Your mobile recording will be even better than it already is soon! :D

Back