23rd Feb(Saturday)–(DXS) Public Performances At JGCC For Mexican Embassy/MP & Public

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

After Sound-Balancing & Check - Both Drums Move Back Into the MUSART Room.....By DXS Members
12.jpg

Last edited:
If You Wanna Drum-Solo All By Yourself On Stage Tonite - Please Talk To Our DXS Facilitator & Vice Chairman Of DXS (Bro Alfe There) - This will take effect after Drum-Battle -

After the 3 Drum Battle Performances Tonight - If You wanna Groove & Solo all by yourself up on Stage (There will only be one drummer on each go we can afford to have time for a few- but it's not a Drum-Battle) - You can - BUT - you must 1st check with our Facilitator Alfe on this......This is a Performance, not (the usual Play-Play thing on Stage as in during Xchange) ..... Be Prepared if you wanna do this - Take The Challenge Our DXS Bros/Sis - The Stage Is Yours Too Tonite... This idea was proposed by Mr Tama Goh (our Advicer for DXS)

Thank You All

Eric

Last edited:
Please Wear the DXS-Tee-Shirts - if you are comming and do have them with you for Tonight Event - Thank You

PS: - Starving Artist will be there - so grap hold of him 1st-If you want the Tees...it's available in limited quantity only

Membership Forms will be handled out to people (by DXS Members) to people who would want to Join - Soft's Drum Xchange Singapore (DXS) at tonight Venue........and as our Slogan goes

Inspired To Drum, Drumming To Inspire !

WOAH CRAP... my bro's birthday today and i can't make it there. dang it!!!!

so who'se going to be the lucky lad who'll be spinned around, holding a baseball bat and whacking the piniata?? hahaha

all the best guys.

it's 1.15pm now..desperately charging all of my videocameras..

I'll see you guys later, I'd also like to thank my ever understanding wife for sacrificing a weekend without me and whipping an amazing breakfast of mee sua, ngo hiang and shrimp wanton this morning.

have food, will record.

and i'd like to thank the volunteers in advance whoever is helping me jaga my gear abit as I film.

haha... like this is the first time i seen him shoot for an event... like madness loh... the way he chiong for the shot

Big thank you to everyone who helped out for this event in one way or another. Especially to the performers (for all the rehearsals and great performance), Nazreen and Tama Goh (for making this event possible), Eric (for all the efforts in logistics), Alfe (coordinating and Emcee 'GU ZHAN! lol'), Ron (the one man doing five man recording job), reuben's friend a churnz (for the excellent photography) and of course, everyone who came down to support the event. The event wouldn't be such a success without every single one of you. More rocking times to come for DXS! :D

Pity that I couldn't stay longer to hang out. Had 'brother business' *ahem* drinking *ahem* to do. After all that drinking and late night, I still have to be at work in the morning now *yawns* lol.

A little sidetrack:
The drums at St James Dragonfly is AWESOME!

the pictures are incredible..... reuben ur photog friend had it going pretty good last night.... they really capture the drummers in their element !!!! :mrgreen:

I feel sad that I couldn't be there.

But looking at the photos and reading the feedback, I am so proud of all my brothers and sisters in DXS!

From its humble beginnings at the very first meetup to today, DXS has come a very long way!

Go! Go! Go! DXS!

last practice before performing
IMG_1512.jpg

drum battle briefing
IMG_1521.jpg

praying to the drum gods before battle LOL
IMG_1516.jpg

The sweet orion snare...
IMG_1513.jpg

Last edited:
Such concentration
IMG_1566.jpg

someone's watching you chow kiat...
IMG_1572.jpg

nice pose haha
IMG_1583.jpg

bro Jonathan
IMG_1588.jpg

Last edited:
thanks to the guys jaga-ing my stuff (and thanks mel for standing in the short filming while I go check the audio recording + take a sip of coke) . this is probably the craziest "mobile-recording" i've ever done but somehow i'm not that happy with myself as my belief is that "if you can't do it alone, it's not mobile enough". this experience has taught me quite abit and learned some new tricks to solve the problems I'd face.

anyway, thanks to all you guys, will post up videos with audio real soon!

-ron

I was hanging around blueprintstudios for some time before our part of the show helping jagar a bit and WOW he's really impressive!
amazing how he handled everything alone

Latest posts

Back