1st song ever u completed

Cheez said:
One of the chinese songs from an old TV series - played on my toy piano when I was 3. Shocked my mom that she signed me up for Yamaha classes that year!

On the guitar - Romance D'amour.

wahahah same

my first complete song i played on guitar......

SRV - Mary had a little lamb...... then...
SRV - Lenny

(these are the only songs i COULD complete)

I've forgotten how to play 'em already....slackin' ever since :p

Attemptin' to learn SRV - Pride & Joy... but...can't do no shiet about the rhythm... @U(^#@!&^#!!

The 1st song I learnt almost completely was Nothing Else Matters.. I learnt both parts so I could harmonise with my friend or play alone.. I learnt the bassline for the song too. I can't drum very well for that song though.

Cheez said:
One of the chinese songs from an old TV series - played on my toy piano when I was 3. Shocked my mom that she signed me up for Yamaha classes that year!

Hey you tried this on your kid yet? It might run in the genes though :lol:

Unfortunately not for the elder one (3+ now). He never wanted to touch the piano. He likes to sing though (but never in tune). But my younger one (11 months) seems to have an inclination - he loves to listen and watch me play. He would suddenly become very quiet and attentive. Anyway, I'll never force them to take on music - it has to be what they want themselves.

Mine was nothing else matters from metallica... Lol... Had to play this song on talentime as well... Although we really cropped up... The timing was incredibly fast as compared to the original song... :lol:

yeah no point forcing your kids to take up music when they do not have the interest and i guess that's what most singaporean parents are guilty of...sad to say... :cry:

but sometimes it takes the parent to make the first move before the kid gets intrigued by the piano or any instrument he/she takes up

if i had a kid i would wait till he/she grows up , play the piano or guitar whenever he/she's around and hopefully one day he/she will go up to me and say he/she wants to take up music lessons whether being in piano or guitar or any other instrument....

INSTEAD OF

mom: boy boy practice ur piano!!!!

boy: dowan dowan!!!! i want to go play my toy car uncle sam give me as present *vroom* *vroom* *vroom*

mom: YOU COME HERE!!!! *comes out with a cane*

oh well... i should not digress further..i think i'm gonna do a separate post on this....

I remember how i was forced to go for band practice in pri sch. hate it back then.
feels much better when you are not force

first song i ever attempted to learn n complete including the solos is master of puppets by metellica. took me 6 whole months. yeah i noe took too long. bt u gota understand when i started learning that song i didnt even noe wat a power chord is. heh. i was inspired by my metalhead frens who were always jamming that song i gez.

I can't remember exactlly which one I was able to complete first, but it's a toss-up between Cinderella's Heartbreak Station and GNR's Patience.

Back