The Stratocaster Appreciation thread

ChanMin

Come on in guys! post your Spankin New, used but loved, beaten up and/or reliced strats here...

strats being so easy to piece together with quality parts all over the world, yet so difficult to get one that sings and bites like one of those true vintage/customshop/boutique holy grail strats...

heres some of the cooler ones ive seen online..

Nash Firecaster
nash_firecaster.jpg

Japan flag style!! this one is so chio...
ralph_%26_sandy%27s2.jpg

post your own guys!!

haha. cool thread. strat lovers unite.

Ill post mine and a few cool ones ive seen online.

My newest strat. MIM Chrome Red HSS

13082007389.jpg

All 3.
14082007443.jpg

HPIM2035.jpg

HPIM2034.jpg

HPIM1892.jpg

Heres some nice ones from the net.

DSCN0475.JPG.jpg

This is a squier! I cant believe it. haha.

blog913.1.jpg

blog9101.1.jpg

11jpggq9.jpg

CFM3.jpg

P1040578.jpg

P1040579.jpg

P1040581.jpg

My Squire lol , i wanna change it to a maple Fender neck and change its pickups and bridge . But i Dont know if i should just buy a fender :lol:

heh, is this like looking at same man/woman with expression as constant, but wearing diffferent outfit as variables to pump up the blood flow in us

Come on in guys! post your Spankin New, used but loved, beaten up and/or reliced strats here...

Basket... ChanMin, you ask ppl post their own, then you post other ppls... your own lei??? I wanna see that relic!

Here's mine:
DSC00148.jpg

vintages2.jpg

69wall.jpg

DSC00022-1.jpg

Here's a list of what's in there:
  • Fender Vintage Hotrod 1957 Reissue 2 Tone Sunburst - Kinman Traditional MKIIs
    Fender Vintage Hotrod 1957 Reissue Black - Kinman Hank Marvins
    Fender American Vintage 1962 Reissue Surf Green - Kinman Hank Marvins
    Fender Japan Craft Premium 1968 Reissue Vintage White - Kinman Woodstock Plus
    Fender American Deluxe 3 tone Sunburst (Sold already. Guitar was too dead.)

omg capt_oreo, thats a very interesting and nice strat there! is that yours? *droools*

yup, that old beaten up strat is mine, 1982 Elite Series American Strat
see the differences in the guitar input, knobs and bridges, fender implemented during budget cuts, but i simply love the neck....

all strats are welcome guys!!

its all in the spirit of sharing!
so at least we wanna mod anything etc... can see how it turned out for other people before we set ours on fire etc..

Heres my "Mongrel strat"

Started out as a Vintage Reissue about 7 years ago. Put out of comission cause of a worn neck, unplayable frets. Plus i grew to hate the vintage neck radius and 21 frets. Kept it in one corner while i was busy with my other guitars. Plugged it in again one day to be blown away by tone and how much i missed the strat sound.

Went for a full heart bypass surgery, liposuction, lip and nose construction plus donation of a new kidney for this guitar.

strat-2.jpg

strat-1.jpg

USACG neck with reverse headstock and Jumbo frets. Sperzel locking tuners and maple fretboard. Graph tech nut and black MOP inlays.

Dimarzio Area61s in neck and middle and Fast track 1 in the bridge.

Wilkinson VSVG bridge.

Back