The All-New Ibanez Appreciation Thread

Yup. Was at Beez yesterday. And as usual he commented on my Edge III saying how corroded it is i gotta change it.
Not sure if i can find replacement saddles here. Its those that hold the strings to the bridge. Its darn rusty.
Maybe I would blame my acid hands. But it rusted 2 weeks after acquiring it brand new o.o

The good news is... Edge pro fits into the cavity like a glove... That is is your willing to fork out money to get one.

I change guitars faster than underwear leh! Just that I can't seem to find something I reaaaaally like. still in the process of seeking enlightenment!

Buy what you REALLY want. Not settle for something just because it's available. I went thru umpteen Les Paul copies before trying the real thing. Same goes for my 7 strings. Sometimes, only the real deal will satisfy you.

How much? How to get?
Good/bad thing mum would say,
'so expensive! buy new one la!'

Can get Ibanez parts thru Swee Lee service centre. Just look up Ibby website for the part number. BUT! be prepared to wait a couple of months or more.

How much? How to get?
Good/bad thing mum would say,
'so expensive! buy new one la!'

you can have a look through here.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm

if you have no intention of changing your guitar any time in the near future, you can consider changing your bridge to an edge pro if it fits nicely into the cavity ( I haven't tried it personally, that's why I used "if". ).

However do take note that it might not solve your corrosion problem.

Buy what you REALLY want. Not settle for something just because it's available. I went thru umpteen Les Paul copies before trying the real thing. Same goes for my 7 strings. Sometimes, only the real deal will satisfy you.

It's hard when everything sounds so good on the Yamaha DG-60 amp.

Dang. Would love to change the bridge.
Just that the locking nuts, bridge, are rusting.
The Gotoh one can't replace the edge III,
the edge pro fits, but is too expensive?
i refuse to get replacement parts from swee lee since its not going to solve the problem. GAHHHH

Maybe just buy new guitar LOL.

Last edited:
I see. Thanks.
Beez asked me to use permanent marker. It worked for awhile then it smudged off and my palms were black and blue. Lawl.
I don't know how long more will the Edge III hold out before parts start dropping out

Back