The All-New Ibanez Appreciation Thread

neuro182

Hi people,

I realized most of the populations here owns an Ibanez axe - be it electric or acoustic alike, so why don't you put it out for us to appreciate.

Unlike the other appreciation, please do state the name of your guitar(s) if you do have a name of them, what triggers you to purchase this axe (it can be any lame reasons or something personal, just share if you ain't shy) and probably give a couple of personal reviews (if possible).

***Please do not put the price tags here because I don't wanna turn it into a Buy/Sell thread.***

As usual, the thread starter goes first right... Let me introduce you to Snowey :) The name is very suggestive liao, so don't ask me why I call her that.

n527906514_1418371_1021.jpg

n527906514_1418374_2019.jpg

I like the shape of the ESP Eclipse and the sound of its active pickups, but as usual, tak cash. So when I first saw the Ibanez ART series, I was really thrilled because I did not know that Ibanez do produce Eclipse-copies until I dig further. What is more, they have their own Ibanez Lo-Z active pickups (not that I am sucker for one).

So obviously, my first instinct is to check the prices online. Surprizingly, the price here falls within my budget and so all I have to do is to go down to the store, order for it, pay the deposit and wait for it to arrive. As I stated in my other thread, this guitar comes with many freebies like gig bag, picks, strings, straps, cleaning cloth etc. I tested it @ the store and it was superb man. Metal fans would like the crunch and juiciness of the tone when overdriven. The clean sounds tight and warm, a little fat but definitely not the PAF type of tone that I expectd (duh!).

Adding to the fact that it is white in nature (I am a sucker for whities) and I probably try to expose it to the environment more to have that white-yellowish finishing.

Reactions: mus
This is my one and only guitar now, my Ibanez S5470 in Red Viking Flat.

003.jpg

It's fitted with an Evo 2 in the bridge and Evolution in the neck, and also switched out the strap buttons for Dunlop Straploks. This is different from the other S5470s in that it has a buried walnut top instead of a maple top. Has the new ZR-2 bridge and ZPS3 system, and also one of the new sabres with a 24 fret neck. It's awesome. :)

ibanez i own and owned.. lolx

sold : RG350DX , RGT42DX , RGT32FM , RG370 , RG1550 , RG1870 forgot model liaoz. haha should be correct)

current : AW40 , RG170 , RG2570GEK , Jem JR Walnut colour .

hmmz will put up pics when i got time.. haha...

Nice Sabres and RGs... I am contemplating on the Ibanez V but unfortunately they do not sell it anymore...

If you like its looks, you might wanna check out the Ninja-600. (sorry, i know it's an ibanez thread but still >_<)

I type ninja 600 in google came out, kawasaki ninja 600 LOL!

Anyway, the ninja is a nice guitar though!

"You're not alone, there is more to this I know. You can make it out! You will leave to tell."

Oops... Haha, I typed and it came out as Kawasaki Ninja 600 too.. Actually my goal is to get the RR series that BFMV used. Sweet looking white with string through construction. I hope Ibanez makes a reverse RR or something...

Finally get to see your RG ryanz. Yay! :D

On behalf of ryanz, yes it is an RG370.

What pickups are you using bro?

damn, nice JS leecs. i'm only seeing the really plain looking black pearl ones nowadays. was looking for one of those for the longest time before the S5470 was released.

also, neuro: matt tuck has a signature jackson RR1T coming out soon. silver with black bevels (also comes with white with black bevels and black with white bevels), reverse headstock, EMGs and special inlays.

Last edited:
Yeah man! You got that right. Saving up money. Either that or an Ibanez RG so I can post pics here :D

Back