The B.C. Rich Appreciation thread

well, as long as you do your research you should be fine ordering from overseas. just search around for the best prices first, then check the reputation of the store before you purchase. compare the shipping costs etc. a guitar/bass costs around US$90 airmail by US post, but some stores use their own service like FedEx or UPS which may cost more. if the merchant offers free US shipping, i usually use VPost to cut down on shipping costs. then the last thing to do would be to find a friend or relative with a CC that's willing to help you order or sign up for a debit card if you're old enough.

btw overseas order they normally don't accept cc, they accept bank wire transfer got to go to bank to fill up form they xfer the money for u

oh...btw,sorry but what's a Vpost?

https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpostusa05/index.html

vPOSTUSA is a service provided by Singapore Post, which allows you to shop at eligible and multiple U.S Merchant websites at the same time and have your items consolidated and delivered to your Singapore address. With vPOSTUSA service, you save much more as the shipping charges offered are lower than most international shipping providers and you can purchase items from sites that do not accept International Orders.

revive!

reviving this thread!!
DSC00408.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

the above is when it was stock

DSC00327.jpg

latest look!

WOW! Whr and how much did u bought that guitar when u first bought it. I'm planning to get one stock without the floyd rose tremolo.

yup davis has one, but big diff cause mine's MIK and has the neck with cloud inlays - one of the last with cloud inlays i heard (From the ebay guy).

have no idea where they are made now but they come in block inlays, which i personally feel do not suit the mockingbird shape. but you can try! :D

and yes, sadly the tremolo routing is irreversible. as i don't use the tremolo much i wonder if it would have been better to leave it alone - the string through sustain was great

Keeping this thread alive. My 2 BC Rich Body Art series limited edition guitars. Anybody out there got any more of the Body Art series for sale? :D

ASM.jpg

Body Art ASM
Mockingbird.jpg

Body Art Mockingbird

Long live BC Rich! :p
Cheers

Last edited:
^ This one bloody lovely! They don't have it on retail sale anymore eh?

Does the acrylic material make it heavier than the regular Mockingbird?

Last edited:
Wow !Mockingbird, your body art BCRs are so cool. Did you get them locally?
Here's my very old Bich. Got it from CityMusic about 27 yrs ago. Used to be white. Now retired .

a9s3ky.jpg

mockingbird --> i think it was originally limited edition but with ghastly parts, i took it like second or third hand i suppose, and fitted out with new parts and pickups from GFS! and yes its much much much heavier than a real les paul!

ricfreak --> 27 YEARS!! that looks wayyy in too good condition! arghh if only i had one of the old BC rich's hahaha

Thanks, RicFreak! Yup, got them locally, about 5 or 6 years back. You got a lovely Bich there man. And the headstock! :O Classic piece you got there man.

Anyways, just gonna upload a closer look at the bodies of my BCRs. This thread needs more pics! Where are all the BC Rich lovers?

SDC10760.jpg

SDC10763.jpg

I've since changed the black knobs on the Mockingbird to gold ones, and it looks much better now.

I'm still on the lookout for for the other Body Art series models. Anyone? :D

=doggieshaman

I saw the white coloured acrylic Mockingbird, and the green one too, online. Definitely acting on impulse, I searched eBay and most major online stores for the ice acrylic model, but they don't have it anymore. Musician's Friend's site claim the item is discontinued. I think it is limited edition.

the irobird SPACE FACE was well-made for the money, the default pickup is also superb for high drive/gain stuff. Absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Back