The Music Lab

Oh cmon... i wanna give a shot.. learn something.. haha

No matter how good u are, u can never stop learning..

Last edited:
Hey Tortise, no worries. We have 4 very able instructors...so when you are ready to study different style etc you can always do an instructor hop once every 6 months/12 months etc...

And Van....you're most welcome!!!

The only drum grading system that is worth your time is the Trinity Rock school program. The exams are conducted at Robert Pianos and yes, we do help our students prepare for those exams.

However, if your purpose is to use it for furthering your musical studies in future, I can tell you it will not help much in gaining you entry to universities. Entry to degree programs are based strongly on auditions....

I also want to go music lab! but i have to finish my lessons for this month first before i can go over...

oh i c...but y u say the only drum grading system that is worth our time is the Trinity Rock school program...so u mean to say ABRSM and trinity college program is not worth? i really wana join Music Lab but now im currently enrolled in some percussion school.....

The trinity rock school program is provide by Trinity Guildhall...they started a grading system for contemporary music. ABRSM is still only classical based (as far as I remembered) and all the other schools that provide drum grading are just in-house grading systems (Yamaha etc).

ABRSM and Trinity college of music will provide you with classical (symphonic) percussion grades....are you interested symphonic percussion or drumset?

i'm interested in drumset rather than symphonic percussion....but can i ask u whether ur school arranges the trinity rock school exam.....n if i enrol in ur school are u goin to b the instructor?

Yes, we can help you register for the exam which is scheduled at around nov. Instructor wise, it'll depend on who is available during the times that you can come for lessons. However, I'm currently full now but Alfe, Mark and Johan are excellent drummers and teachers. It'll be a privilege to be able to study under them!

oh i see....well actually my purpose wanting to enrol at music lab is bcos i tot u cn become the instructor...but den u r currently full.....

drummer101 - I have a brilliant proposal - Ask any of Alvin's Students currently to sell you their "Student's Rights" here ....Hahahahaha..like for instance you can say - " I offer to pay you S$50.00 or S$100.00 every mth for your 1 hour slot with Alvin to be mine" ...Kekekeke -Try it you never know - maybe got ley?

But I won't sell mine ... Kekekeke - Joking only here - I don't think anyone will - wait kenna kick-out of Music Lab ...chai-lat liao...Whahahaha !

Cheers !

Eric

Hey drummer101...just give one of the instructors a try...you'll be amazed really! There're always something to learn from everyone...for example...I just received some tips on sticking technique from Johan...and some seating advise from Alfe etc...these are excellent musicians in their own right!!

oh i guess i'll giv a try....but i hav to w8 til end of maybe march b4 i can actually enrol in ur school....if only i knew of ur sch earlier on, i'd definitely join...i really hope u can be my instructor....cos u're like one of the best drummers in singapore....from wat i've heard...

dude...

learn from as many people as you can.. each has something to offer... what you learn from 1 teacher might be totally different from the next...

Alfe is awesome i tell you.. plus point... he is a super nice guy

something i learnt .. its really up to me to decide how good i am gonna get...

Hey...take your time. There is no rush...we're not going anywhere!! And at the meantime if you have any questions, feel free to post it on this forum and I'm sure everyone here will be glad to help.

And reuben...you're right on!!!

Speak soon!!

Back