The Music Lab

Oh that's great..Alvin is a very good Music Educator not just teaching us Drums only...and that's is best.

Last night I jam again with my Jazz Band (3pc only)...My band-leader is happy & so is our Bassists smiling all the way - at end of day bassists says - "Hey Eric you play so differently now so much - it's good".... and I know when we play Straight NO Chaser at 210 speed ...we were like Professional band man - nail it so tight and for a 3pc band - wow.www I think we are pretty good....and I was doing alot of fill-in automatically here and there throughout 3 hours jam - I never play out of time, or miss/over doing a fill....wah I'm so happy...all these came to me since last-week....I di not know that I play so much better - it came to me naturally....and I found out the reasons.

(1) My Instructor taught me good techniques & control gave me lots of tips on Jazz.

(2) My practice 3 hours on Rudiments only using his Techniques.

(3) My Band-Leader is always patient - telling me to try out my new style of playing in which I learn - and advicing me on how to feel the music and observe every member of the band by listening

(4) Listen to alot of songs....

(5) I go once a week to a Jazz Venue listen to Jazz Drummer play (see how they do it) very inspiring - it's learning too here.

I really couldn't believe myself that I could play Jazz this way in just 2 months (Fresh On Jazz Music)....I play pretty number of Jazz songs now.

My 1st lesson with Alvin was on Wednesday. I already have lots to work on! It was great man. He spotted my bad habits and I'm practising hard everyday to put them right. It helps a lot really. I understand my playing a lot better now.

What I like best is that Alvin doesn't just teach drums. He teaches you how to be motivated and a better overall musician.

2 thumbs up! :D

Hey thanks all. You guys are too kind with your words. It really does take 2 hands to clap. Eric's progress is ultimately down to his openess to new concepts and HARD WORK! Melvin's acceptance to my concepts is the key to his motivation and increment in practice time....everyone has a part to play in this and hopefully we can continue to grow together!

P.S. The best part is, you guys are all so much fun to hang out with! I wish I have more free time to chat!

this post is to denise and all teachers and students at the music lab,
I am verry sorry and i apologise for the commotion me and my dad made at the reception last friday. The thing is i could not turn up on sundays cuz my dad did not allowed me to go. After wat happened at the reception, i explained to my dad the situation and i showed him alvins msg(via soft) and he himself wishes to apologise for making a scene there.

So on behalf of my father and myself,Ragu, i apologise to the music lab

Wow..ww my Salute to you Raju and your Dad for clarifying this out here openly in the Forum. ....That was a good attitude displayed and it takes a great man to admit their mistakes and apologies publicly and I call them

" A Gentleman "

:smt023

GUESS WHAT???? ALFE's AT THE LAB!!!!

Guys,

Be in AWWEEEEeeeee.....Alfe has agreed to teach some classes at the lab. Below is a short intro:-

"A veteran of the local music scene, alfe has formed, sessioned, mentored and supported numerous local bands across a wide range of musical styles and genres over the years.

He teaches rock and fusion drumming, and has been developing a framework for musical drumming that can be applied to understanding and playing different genres. "

Currently available for Monday and Thursday evening slots, but will accept exceptional slot requests on a case-to-case basis.

yeah.. go alfe go... i just heard bout it from alvin today

well keep sharing to love for drums man

YEAH!!!! I totally love Alfe's open concepts in drumming and I think he is a REAL asset to our local drumming community! Way to go bro! We're proud to have you on board!!

thanks alvin for the encouragement!!!

i just wanted to add, if you're not sure what the drum instructors (alvin, key johan, myself) at the music lab can offer you, you can always contact us to arrange for a preview.

I can meet you at the school to give you an introduction of the topics that I will cover, no obligations. you only sign up when you're certain of what to expect from us and what will be taught.

cheers and hope to see you!

Power Power Take Off Shirt lah Alfe bro!

As the age old saying goes:
Keep the flame burninggggg!

Nah....he won't burn out lah....this guy has got energy of an atomic bomb.

I'm really glad with the direction we're heading. The lab's got 3 drum instructors now (with the 4th joining us soon) and every single one has such a unique personality but yet very open to flexibility. ROCK (JAZZ too) ON!!!!

Haha! Some of us were at Harry's and there's this cocktail called "Jazz do it!"

Quite funny!

So now can say...

ROCK 'N' ROLL!

or

JAZZ DO IT!

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back