South Africa wins the WORLD CUP!

shinobi

South Africa win world cup

GYI0050866183_3770_SQ_MEDIUM.jpg

Champions: Francois Steyn and the Springboks celebrate world cup glory

PARIS, 20 October - South Africa defeated England 15-6 in the world cup final at Stade de France on Saturday to add a second Webb Ellis Cup to the one they won as hosts in 1995.

Reigning champions England came into the match on the back of four impressive victories after a poor start to the tournament but were unable to find a way through a disciplined Springboks outfit who were miserly in defence, dominated the line-outs and kicked five penalties.

England fly half Jonny Wilkinson, the hero of their 2003 triumph in Sydney, was unable to turn on the magic this time, missing two drop goal attempts and given little chance to impose himself on the match.

full article

Last edited:
Springboks struggle to describe elation

GYI0050866346_3775_SQ_MEDIUM.jpg

Winners: The Springboks celebrate their world cup victory

PARIS, 21 October - Few of the South Africa team could adequately describe the elation they were feeling following their world cup victory over England on Saturday.

Springboks captain John Smit tried to check his emotions after the 15-6 triumph in the final.

"I'm sitting here and trying not to cry," he said. "It's a feeling you can't put into words."

To a man, the players hailed coach Jake White, who has overseen a major turnaround in team fortunes since taking charge in 2004.

"I must thank my coach. The first time (he spoke to us), he told us, 'We are going to win the world cup', and he's no liar," Smit said.

full article

Yea!! I think the Springboks deserve it la...
Don't like the way england play also..too defensive..
And depend too much on Johnny Wilko...
there's similarities with the england football team too..

Yea!! I think the Springboks deserve it la...
Don't like the way england play also..too defensive..
And depend too much on Johnny Wilko...
there's similarities with the england football team too..
they both like to play the LONG BALL

the rugby team is alr out. the football team is on the verge of not even making euro2008

Back