HOME REINVENTED presents LO-FI feat. CRAZE (MIAMI) & KLEVER (ATLANTA)

homeclub

HOME REINVENTED presents LO-FI feat. CRAZE (MIAMI) & KLEVER (ATLANTA)

As part of The Original Bacardi Mojito Fiesta

Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 9:00pm
Home club, 20 Upper Circular Rd #B1-01/06 The Riverwalk S(058416)

4735_93159975543_726460543_2419170_1349902_n.jpg

[ HOME REINVENTED PRESENTS LO-FI FEAT. CRAZE (MIAMI, US) & KLEVER (ATLANTA, US)]
- AS PART OF THE ORIGINAL BACARDI MOJITO FIESTA

When one is refused to even enter the World DMC Championship because he’s too good, you know that you’re on to a winner. When you team him up with a fellow multiple award winning turntablist in one of the most pioneering underground clubs in the country then you’re in real trouble!

HOME Reinvented and LO-FI proudly brings to you Kanye West’s ‘Glow In The Dark’ Tour DJ & 3 time DMC world champion, Craze, with partner in crime, DJ Klever. Armed with 4 turntables, 2 mixers and 2 mics, expect a super-sized mix of Hip Hop, Electro, Drum & Bass, Rock, Rap, 80's & 90's classics, Nu Rave, Baltimore Club, Ghetto Tech, plus everything else that makes a party go bang bang! With decades of experience between them and a truckload of talent, be prepared to be amazed at the creativity and finesse behind the decks.

http://www.myspace.com/crazearoni
http://www.myspace.com/kleverbeats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1t1p5lXsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrG5p3c1hQ&feature=related

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ L I N E U P ]

Craze (Miami, US)
Klever (Atlanta, US)
Ming (HOME)
DJ Ghetto (1st runner up Singapore DMC Championship 08)

[ E N T R Y ]

+ Pre sale $30 (Inclusive of 1 Bacardi Mojito & 1 standard Housepour/Beer)
*** PRESALE TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!! AT HOME CLUB. TUESDAY – SATURDAY FROM 1 PM ONWARDS

+At the door $35 (Inclusive of 1 Bacardi Mojito & 1 standard Housepour/Beer)

[ [ [ - - - C R A Z E . B I O G R A P H Y ( M I A M I , U S ) - - - ] ] ]

Craze's life is a legacy of rags to riches, geek to chic, no-name to world fame. He never had it easy – from fleeing battle in Nicaragua at the age of 3 to a geeky adolescence to Hurricane Andrew hitting Miami in 1992 – nor did have ever have any coattails to ride; his is a story that's an uphill battle, but a story that ends right at the top. "My mom always taught me I could do anything I put my mind to. So when she asked what I wanted to do with my turntables, I told her, 'Be the best DJ in the world,'" Craze casually laughs. And that he proved – 3 times at the DMC World Championships, an unprecedented record, and a title that no other solo DJ has yet to match.
While Craze is regarded internationally and unquestionably as one of the best scratch DJs in the world, it's still astonishing to see his overwhelming number of titles on paper: Craze has won first place for the USA DMC Championships in 1998, World ITF Scratch Off Championships in 1998, ITF Western Hemisphere Scratch Off Championships (1998, '99), Winter Music Conference Scratch Off Champion (1996, '97, '98, '99), East Coast DMC Championships (1997), East Coast Rap Sheet Championships (1996) and Zulu National Championships (1995, '96), to name but a few. Additionally, DJ Craze claimed 2nd place in the first DMC Team Championship with his Allies' crew (which included fellow champions A-Trak and Infamous) in 1999 – and then in 2000, the Allies' won the Team Championship title, taking it from the previous year's winners the Scratch Perverts.

Craze is currently on the road with Kanye West for the Glow In The Dark Tour featuring N.E.R.D, Lupe Fiasco and Rhianna. This is Craze – the man who arguably defined his hometown Miami turntablism scene, only to return now to reinvent this take on the Miami sound; a neo-genre of his own special blend of every which way club codes from the ghosts of discos past, present and future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ [ [ - - - K L E V E R . B I O G R A P H Y ( A T L A N T A , U S ) - - - ] ] ]

DJ Klever aka Josh Winkler was born on the fourth of July in 1977. Before he could even walk, let alone strut, Josh was spoonfed the world of rhythm by way of his pops, famous blues musician, Juke Joint Johnny. At the tender age of four, Josh received his very first drum set, a manimall, Muppet Show kit that he practiced playing until the skins busted.

Josh's wonder years were spent like any all-american kid: playing baseball, grinding curbs, and eating apple pie. He distinctly remembers the countless nights snuck out and hit Atlanta's local skate spots where his rep grew bigger for pushing big tricks.

At the age of sixteen, Josh’s passion for both music and tricks met the world of turntablism and Klever was born. Growing up with a hip hop background, Klever studied djs like Premiere, Cash Money, Afrika Bambaataa and Jazzy Jeff for their mixing and scratching arrangements even as a youngster; but he was also heavily influenced by the wilds of Atlanta and was a regular attendee of Freaknik. There he was intrigued by the booty music of Luke, 2 Live Crew, and Kilo.

By 1997, Klever began relentlessly competing in every local competition possible where he linked up with the Third World Citizens - Faust, Shorty, Shotgun, Craze, and T-Rock. In 2000, Klever seized the national DMC championship title and while at the international DMC competition, he was inducted into the world famous Allies crew, consisting of world-renowned turntablists such as Craze and A-Trak. Shortly after, Klever began traveling the globe a lot with Craze during so, the two released a now cult classic, Scratch Nerds. Klever began to produce prominent break records for battle djs and producers. In 2001, Klever successfully defended his national DMC title. He then represented the states in London for the international title. Later that year, he also took national ITF title in San Francisco.

In the past 5 years, Klever has been performing his signature sets non-stop around the world (Taiwan, England, Ireland, Germany, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Australia, Japan, etc). He consistently amazes crowds and party-goers from 60 to 60,000 at world renowned venues such as (but not limited to) Miami’s Ice Palace, Taipei’s Ministry of Sound, NYC’s Roxy and Irving Plaza, Club Fabric in London, numerous House of Blues venues throughout the U.S., El Rey Theatre in L.A., and Atlanta’s Tabernacle. He has also showcased his skills at monumental events like the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, the Canadian Circa Skateboard Tour, Audiotistic in L.A., and the High Museum in Atlanta.

Klever has seen the future of his hometown because he paints it. Beyond his accredited mastery as a turntablist, his ability to combine crowd-roaring routines and mix sets with his signature party rocking steez has established his name throughout the dj circuit as “tomorrows dj”. He moves crowds in every direction from his roots of crunk, booty, and hip hop to the sweaty sounds of electro, dance-rock, b-more, new-wave, hard rock, and anything worthy to make you rock with finesse

He has released several mix CDs obtaining notoriety from culture heavy hitters such as Turntable Lab and Tablist magazine. He also two immensely popular battle break records with DJ SHOTGUN (former dj for Goodie Mob), Dirty South Breaks and Get Crunk Breaks. More commercially, his talent can be also heard on various production: Rob Swift’s (X-ecutioners) album - Sound Event, Bubba Sparxxx - Deliverance. To NBA BALLERS 2: PHENOM.

Latest posts

Back