The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

That octo got it right the first time round!
Itchy backside and go re - predict Germany to spoil his run.

Was Germany playing against Spain a few hrs ago??
I couldn't tell cause the team in white/black played so badly. They were hardly like the Germany team that thrashed through the rounds. Really not worth staying up to watch..
Seesh....

Spain controlled the game well and shut Germany out.

Holland Vs Spain final
Uruguay Vs Germany for 3 placing

Sleep deprivation kicking in....

Zzzzzzzz...

dammit germany - u let me down!

i now support Holland in the finals - V Persie over Fabregas!!!!!

Yeah , Germany is out of the category of 2nd placing and the World Cup Champions. I hope Uruguay will kill Germany off and make Germany out of the category of 3rd placing.

481967da78ae36f.jpg

cmon holland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at the way Spain controlled everything from start to finish, Holland are going to find it very hard to get the ball. However, they have 1 man who's able to kick the Spaniards in to submission: Mark Van Bommel. That guy is known as 'the thug in boots' (LOL!) and he's well reknown for his player kicking rather than ball kicking skills. Be interesting to see how Xavi and co handle his monster tackles.

Spain....
awesome passing/possession game, could've scored a couple more. They literally killed of the Germans by scoring pretty late.
Not the best game overall but I was on the edge of my seat, hoping for Germany to score.

Holland's got a tough job at trying to dismantle teh Spaniards fluid passing/retention game.

Notice how the Spaniards just know where to run - into space/s- etc? Players just seem to materialize out of thin air to receive passes/crosses..

they're literally playing the game the Dutch used to be reknown for, total football.

Ahhhhhhhh mani the parakeet has predicted spain win ...

Paul the octopus - donno ... Yet..

I feel like havingfried calamari & parakeet chop in mushroom sauce ....... Slurp............

Why does everybody keep saying they want to serve paul up as calamari? A few things wrong with that

1.) paul predicted spain to win, spain didnt win because paul said so, his job is to predict the winner not choose them

2.) Calamari is squid, paul is an octopus. And no they're not the same

HAHAHAHA dude i also dun care what he predicted ... I feel like eating deep fried breaded calamari ......... while watching Hol v spa :)

anyone care to try eating live octopus - Korean style?

Lol well sometimes its understandable that people channel their frustration at something that can't respond and can't be bothered. Paul is the perfect target in many ways. But it just shows how childish some people are, no offence. I mean, posting up octopus recipes online, threatening to throw him into a shark tank, insulting him and his mother (how immature can people get?) online? Yes, quite a few people have done that. It really isn't his fault that Germany lost. Sure, he picked Spain, but it wasn't a jinx or whatever in any way (people who believe in jinxes deserve to be thrown into a Portuguese Man-O-War tank). Sure, be disappointed but don't let your anger take you to such depths.

Back