Singapore Youth Flying Club - Anyone TRIED? and GOT IN?

[=marcdadrummer

ic ty....but if abit fat will not be allowed to join isit? my bmi supposed to be 22 and below....im 21.....can anot?

I just finished my solo last week
im from course 161..
anyway...163 dude..just enjoy your flying..its very difficult to get into ppl now
cause very limited instructors and congested ppl board.
you do realise that when you go to the ops room yea?
quite odd isnt it?
159 - 12ppl
160 - 10ppl
161 - 3ppl
go figure out why
haha
but yea
yfc changed quite abit la..no more iq tests
and for interview
die die must say you intrusted in a military career
cause rsaf pours money into syfc
so yea
didnt know so many syfc dudes on soft
but really..just aim for solo yea
i did mine and it was fantastic
reason i cant go ppl
"not enough time cause next year j2"
lame isnt it?
sim ck student..he has damn alot of ppl students already...tough luck man
but just be grateful for the opportunity syfc has given us though the management quite stupid la
cheers

u in ppl bro?? who'se ur instructor?? hahaha

anyways i'll work my hardest to achieve ppl.. its not always undoable..

plus a few people on the ppl board is completing!!! and 162 only have 4 people left which means more slots for us 163! hahas..

but if u can fly, and got the passion and commitment for it, provided the weather is lovely, i don't see why they have to chop you... all the more reasons u should be promoted to ppl!

ok,

im another dude who will be joining/applying for SYFC next year after my O Level results is released. I just wanna know and i hope you guys can help me out :D

1) Is it easy to get PPL nowadays?
2) How tough can the interview be?
3) When you apply for this PPL course, are there many people applying at the same time? Or many people don't know that there's such a course in Sg?
4) Don't mind sharing the interview questions so at least i know what to expect.
5) Must i know all/most of the RSAF stuffs like their fleet of planes?
6) How scary/difficult the SYFC staffs/tests can be?
7) Dumb ques: Is it true that i can't have long hair when in this course? i'm a male btw*
8) Lastly, how long does it take to complete this whole course?

im so sorry to ask so many questions but i think this can help me and other softies who will be applying soon.

I'm 100% SCARED of the staffs/tests/interviews that SYFC have after reading this thread. So please assure me that there's nothing to be afraid of.:confused:

well, now ppl isnt totally about the ability ya know
my instructor was baldev..but wong cc took me for solo
what he told me was that not enough time to complete my course...im gnna do jc2 next year see...and level of commitment was questioned cause i appeared rather slow..
woah..162 only got 4 now?much worse than 161...

anw...dude..hv you ever seen a pilot with long hair?
being in syfc is essentially training you to be a pilot...so discipline..is a must
never be late for flights..ground school...attire..yea

and as for interview...just state how strongly you want a flyin career..especially with the rsaf..
they never asked me about the fleet.

and joining yfc...you are NOT guaranteed a ppl yea..so dont expect too much
but enjoy flyin while you can
always read up before flights and fly mentally..
dont panic..and try to make your own decisions...
like when you do circuits...when you need to "go around"
dont ask "err sir..need to go around?"
haha
yea
and just enjoy flying yea?
cheers

its not easy getting ur ppl. thats a definite.

passing the interview is quite easy, u simply need to impress the panel of interviewees, mainly OM and GM, GM being the top and highest of ranks and OM is the manager just below the GM overseeing the club's operations.

passing the medical is another qn.

all the more, just enjoy flying yeah!! its fun but might be abit discomforting for the first few flights. Im on my 6th flight and its much much more normal now. can handle the high G turns...

GOSH I WANNA FLY WITH DE WITT. He's lke the BESTTTT.

awesome mate!

my friend from TP also got in ppl and now doing his conversion sorties. But i heard the CT4E has lots of problems eh?? is that true???

kinda cool to have the joystick and parachute...

currently just finished sortie 8, onto with circuits next.. flew with di witt. he do the 2g turns buay tahan boss.

I was in the SYFC, license expired after 2007. I wasn't selected to be given the chance to earn the PPL, quite sad. Only 150-250 make it a year correct me if I'm wrong coz that's what I heard.

that i wouldn't know bro. but it's worth a shot...

i've known two friends who are PPL wings holder didn't get in for the air force.. so yeah u might never know..

also i heard 2nd hand, many who didn't get PPL, are in the RSAF.. try ur best bro!

awesome mate!

my friend from TP also got in ppl and now doing his conversion sorties. But i heard the CT4E has lots of problems eh?? is that true???

kinda cool to have the joystick and parachute...

currently just finished sortie 8, onto with circuits next.. flew with di witt. he do the 2g turns buay tahan boss.

so the TP fella is the new guy on the CT4E huh ?
Tan Sk is now the CFI ?

Hey, erm, I was just wondering if it is possible for me to join SYFC only in JC (and not in secondary school), and get a chance to get my pilot's license or something when I graduate out of Junior College..? Or perhaps even get an RSAF or SIA scholarship? (if they do provide any, that is..) I'm really keen in aviation, be it military or civil or just flying a UAV........ :D

Last edited:
Back