one night in beijing!

You're right! But when in China, they're worse! Maybe it is because it is comparing Chinese with Chinese.

Cheez said:
You're right! But when in China, they're worse! Maybe it is because it is comparing Chinese with Chinese.

Lol, I think the S'porean Chinese are finally getting in touch with their roots!

j/king

Maybe the S'porean Chinese think that they are better than the Chinese? As in monetary wealth etc...

There's quite a lot of post that I'd proly miss sum.

BrainFailure is a Chinese National, so she proly will feel sentimental about China, but she will also know more about China than us Singaporeans. I think we would defend Singapore the same way if Chinese nationals were to pass less that pleasant comments.

Similarly, I guess there must be some Singaporeans who may have screwed up some lives of Chinese nationals and that of their family, given that there are so much interaction between Singapore & China, will that put you (NAK) an unrelated person of that incident guilty of what someone else has done? Whoever that has done harm to you and your family, if you need to hate, than hate that particular person and not the whole world. It was just pure unfortunate that the person happens to be Chinese national, it could be a Singaporean. What if it is really a Singaporean, are you going to hate yourself as well?

NAK, I guess I wouldn'n know what painful experience that was, but hating is so much more painful than forgiving.

Root or no root, we all carry the human dna and not that of animals.

Disliking of traits and behavior of other races or nationalities may be equated to why some people dislike Metal and prefer Jazz, dislike Ronin and prefer JJ Lin etc. If we can try accept all kinds of musc genre, we can also try accept peole who, for no fault of theirs, behave in a certain manner.

heartrocksingapore,you really gave out a cool comment.
btw,im a fan in fact a supporter for the china rock bands.
that was when the first time i came to Midi Modern Music festival,i saw so many bands all over the country they shared the same stage and just tried their best to give out thousands of rock fans in China a great show....it really made me touched...coz all though as a pure chinese,i only listened to occident music since 10 years old..that's why i could talk about foreign music with anyone else....however my experience at Midi fest makes me devote into our own music,the china rock....then i discoverd there're something more which's worth my respect...

about the real China,that's true you cant judge a country unless you're born there or you have some living experience there.

yea cui jian is the godfather of china rock. instead of copy or imitate, they took rock and blend it with their own culture and that is truly impressive.

HeartRockSingapore said:
Is Cui Jian's music not comparable to newer Chinese bands? Who rocks China today?
hmm,to tell the truth..i didnt listen to Cui Jian too much coz when he introduced Rock to China....i was just a kid in the cradle 8O ...
bands im familiar with are most that perform at Midi Fest.
as i mentioned in my other thread,bands like BrainFailure,Reflector,Twisted Machine,AK-47,Miserable faith....

toking abt old skool chinese rock, i'm impressed by Tang Dynasty from China n Assassin from Taiwan........ they were those of the chinese rock metal bands which made mi 1 2 be in a chinese band cos they can really play......... :wink:

:wink:

Hi BrainFailure,
I just checked out NEW GET LUCKY(xin hao yun新豪运), its really great!

and ...XIN JIE KOU(新街口), its really nice.... got so many guitar shops i kinda lost count...

i guess i'm gonna check out 13CLUB tomorrow...

I love Beijing!...cheers!

man!!!you make me miss BJ so much!!!but soon i will be back there again~~~only one more month left....the underground rock live!my great cd store,lush bar......all my best memories will be back soon<3
cheers!
March is getting closer,yo!

oh man .. if only i discovered this thread sooner.. my trips to Beijing last year would have been way cooler.

haha.then take a trip again.
i may go back to beijing in Mar or April but havent decided yet.if i have enough money :lol:

one night in beijing is a song played by the taiwan famous band xinyuetuan i also love there music especially lige and one night in beijing is there anybody who also love this band?:-D

Back