one night in beijing!

To BrainFailure: I didn't say China was a stupid country, I believe I brought out my stand in an acceptable manner. I'm sorry to wrongly say that you said China was heaven on earth, I just had that impression that you thought so due to the way you keep saying how good it is. Maybe you should let down your defenses a little and take a look from my point of view(which is generally the same as most of us), perhaps you'd understand and not get so worked up over it. :)

lalala said:
frankie having reservist for 1 whole month , and i have something on :oops: so wont be going tomolo.

anyway will be accompanying my mom for her buddhism trip so not going for the music places haa :wink:
Buddhism trip?
so go to JIU HUA SHAN(which's in Anhui province),ZHOU SHAN(which's in Zhe Jiang province) or some other places famous for its buddhism culture :wink:
when i was yound i used to think this kinda trip was pretty boring....but when i grow up,i found it's full of civilization....last year i went to some temples in the surburb areas of Beijing,cool.besides,you should go to YONG HE GONG(it's a famous temple in Beijing)

and brainfailure makes a very good point about the vastness of China. When you've got immigrants who are fresh from their rural villages , how are you gonna expect them to all behave like us city-dwellers?

Sometimes, using your brain will give you a different perspective.

And yes Vaiyen, I understand that, and accept that I'd always be associated with China in the eyes of others.

Just a disclaimer to all: do note that I am not one who is a caucasian boot licker, I am strongly against people who suck up to caucasians and I don't even try to use any un-natural accent when speaking to them, because I believe that I am no lower than them. I believe that Asians are no lower than caucasians, in fact, during the golden age, China was far more advanced than the western nations. Just saying this in case people think that I'm ashamed of China because I feel "paiseh" to caucasians.

Vaiyen said:
Whatever the case, I've got the utmost respect for some of their historical figures. Indeed, China seemed to be a much better place during those Confucian times.

I think people tend to over glorify these Ancient China thingy; Confucius, Cao Cao, Zheng He, Wong Fei hung , wahtever, basically the scholarly, romantic and worldly ancient china

Often southern chinese culture, peasant culture get overlooked in favour of chinese aristocracy.

MichaelAngelo said:
To BrainFailure: I didn't say China was a stupid country,
i know you didnt say it,but somebody else in this thread did it.
i did check your post carefully and typed out what i think of it. and what i really think.and thank you for giving out some reasons that makes me see the whole problem.
i do keep saying it's a good country and a place i really love.
and i look down some china chinese who dont wanna confess they're from china.

Alright BrainFailure, I'm sorry for any conflicts, I hope i can withdraw with no hard feelings. Will try to see things in a less stereotyical way, hopefully, my impression of China can improve to some extent.

calibre2001 said:
I think people tend to over glorify these Ancient China thingy; Confucius, Cao Cao, Zheng He, Wong Fei hung , wahtever, basically the scholarly, romantic and worldly ancient china.

well, after considerable research on the matter, I daresay that they deserve to be over-glorified!

Michaelangelo: I daresay you won't change your perspective.....why? Because the people living in China now ARE indeed like what you described. I've been to Shanghai, I know. (but the chicks....woah...)

But I believe that once you've gained even an elementary understanding of China's history, you will RESPECT them.

they've just started to learn about the world outside and acceptable behaviour for city denizens. The other countries' got a headstart, but I truly believe that the Chinese willl be as sophisticated and refined as any First World dweller in 20 years, max. Their govt is pushing this 'learning', in preparation for the upcoming Beijing Olympics.
And couple that with their booming economy, we've got a winner ,bebeh. :wink:

haha, i see, yea, i think they will become more refined as time goes by, they have to, or else their economic boom may be stunted. Hope to see better people in time to come!

calibre2001 said:
Often southern chinese culture, peasant culture get overlooked in favour of chinese aristocracy.

im always planning a trip to the south part of Anhui province,hopefully i will achieve it soon.
that part attracts me alot.

there are nasty people from every country, you go Malaysia Sunway lagoon, you can see kiasu singaporeans cutting queue to get tickets.
My experience with chinese scholars in my school have been quite pleasant. Dont generalise the China chinese because of a few blacks sheeps.

ya my mom went to one of the mountains. i think is jiu hua shan. her dream is to conquer all the 5 mountains.

i saw the Leshan pics b4 its really COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
:twisted:

Start exploring chinese coolie culture e.g. our forefathers who left for a better life here.

Once I brought up the issue how people here tend to not look at their own backyard (said above) much and instead ape aristocrastic china.

She said I do not what is to be cultured. I was like WTF? :roll:

Our lifestyle, all nuances in our life form culture...heck.

sorry if ive offended anyone. but ive personal issues with china chinese.

edit: im not ashamed to be chinese. but things get really personal at times i dont wish to say further.

Back