one night in beijing!

bklk said:
if got time go shanghai...

i got some relatives in Shanghai so it's not a city that's strange to me,but to me Shanghai's just a huge modern city.
Beijing has lots of great acient stuffs and its rock base is much better than Shanghai.
ppl say Shanghai's a city of Jazz.

oh sad man i went to shanghai last year! it was totally great man! that's what i'm talking about growing China! the food was great, shopping awesome, everything so great yet so cheap! WOOOH!!!

but arent china OEM for some brands like epi, J&D, craftsman etc?

Beijing VS Shanghai

i choose Beijing,but i dont mean Shanghai's no good...actually i like both...but Beijing wins more points from me...maybe coz my 2 years life there went so good!

so anywhere convenient near any landmarks i could look out for music shops? not saying want to buy, just that want to compare the price...parents may go there for work

nak said:
though im chinese. i hate the china chinese, if i could i wish they would just die and rot in hell. i dont give a slightest flying f*** about my roots. screw that stupid nation.

That's very sad...

thats the most ignorant and uneducated comment i've ever heard. 5000 years of civilisation, and you feel ashamed to be a chinese? You deserved to be purged by the chinese communist party.

Being monolingual (I'm a chinese) as well , I feel your pain man Nak BUT I don't have anything against those Mandarin speaking chinese. I never had an interest in Mandarin since young.

There will come a day when you'll feel left out especially when you study in poly or go to work. You eventually find out that Mandarin indeed dominates the jungle out there...

I use to develop this mindset towards hating the Mandarin language. I mean....I'm sure you have heard of the western colonialisation of the east but have you ever heard of the eastern colonialisation of the west?
That's how I viewed the Mandarin language as....

Now after 10 years of being in 2 English speaking mission schools , I'm starting to feel the pinch in poly. I feel damn pai seh when my friends are conversing with each other in Mandarin and I of course getting left out as a result and whenever they wanted to talk to me , they would "specially" speak to me in English.

I guess I should converse more in Mandarin to make up for lost times and that's no wonder why my best buddies are mostly non chinese.... :?

nak said:
though im chinese. i hate the china chinese, if i could i wish they would just die and rot in hell. i dont give a slightest flying f*** about my roots. screw that stupid nation.

screw you for being even worse than how you imagine them to be.

you are not even a pimple on the ass of China's greatest men, past and present.

you better watch your fvcking mouth.

lalala said:
are the 3-4 stars hotels there cheap? plan to go there next yr :lol:
come with me for the MIDI MODERN MUSIC FEST,haha,and you will have a guide then,haha...dont have to take taxi just take bus and subway.
you and frankie going to the softie gathering tomoro?coz i will be there :D

BrainFailure said:
bro,you should read my post carefully,i wrote it in my first post already :wink:
again,新街口

sorry haha but i havent install the chinese characters :lol:

Dear brainfailure,
Hmm...since u claim china to be like heaven on earth, let me just explain why a lot of us have a bad impression of China people, even though some of us, like me, have never been there before. That is because when China tourists come, they always cause trouble, for example, they will come as a tourist, and then disappear once they reach Singapore. They will then continue to live as an illegal immigrant and cause trouble, such as become an irritating prostitute, or a conman. They also speak extremely loudly, too loud for me to be comfortable with, for the least. I once saw this China woman on a SBS bus, she saw her friend outside the bus, at the bus-stop, and began yelling very loudly through the windows of the air-conditioned bus to try to get her friend's attention, that was pure crude, senseless and irritating. Another time, I was at city hall MRT, the train arrived and I barely got into the heavily packed train. Suddenly, this China woman came up and put both her hands on my back, and pushed me hard while shouting, "Jing qu! Jing qu!!! Kuai dian!!". I was appalled that people would actually do that. The normal practice is just to give up and wait for the next train. Can't they be a bit more sensitive to the ways of life in other countries? Also, we always see horrible things about China in the news, such as fake milk powder, fake wine, paus being made with human meat, etc. And there is the daily testimony that subconsciously reminds us of our bad impression of China - made in China products. No offence to you, but to be honest, they fall apart most easily, lots of problems generally. Of course, they arent all bad, I've seen some nice China people around too. But the bad are really bad enough to spoil one's impression of China!

As one who has never been to China before, those horrible China people in Singapore, plus loads of bad press about China, plus lousy China goods, naturally gives me the impression that China is a bad place, and makes me not want to be associated with them. I'm sure that is why lots of people here will say "nasty" things about China. Again, its not that we purposely want to go against that country, but our impression of them is seriously terrible.

yup i agree to u a certain extent. had those real crazy experiences in china...that's why it is a MUST for them to change their habits and stuff, due to them growing fastly. china is still a developing nation, but even though it's developed, it's still not developed when the people behave like that. so right that's why got lots of complain about china ppl, then a lot of ppl dun like them (my whole school), but it's all about stereotyping la, although some of them arent that way...

it's the same as singaporeans being kiasu (but chinese are worse :lol: )

frankie having reservist for 1 whole month , and i have something on :oops: so wont be going tomolo.

anyway will be accompanying my mom for her buddhism trip so not going for the music places haa :wink:

i didnt say China's heaven.
a country with such a large population,it's not that easy to make all of them behave in a proper way.

i blame those ppl who behave bad which leaves others a bad impression on China.

but they dont mean the whole China and the whole China chinese.

besides,it's rude to call China a stupid country.

Michaelangelo: it is understandable from your experiences why you detest them, but it is also understandable that they should behave like they're from another planet, due to decades of being isolated from the outside world and also their govt's rejection of Confucian principles.

Whatever the case, I've got the utmost respect for some of their historical figures. Undermining China is akin to disrespecting these great people. Which is pathetic because none of you will reach their revered status. Indeed, China seemed to be a much better place during those Confucian times.

MichaelAngelo said:
and makes me not want to be associated with them. .

this is obviously futile. you can try all you want, but the caucasians/japs/whoever you look up to will always associate you with them. Why? because you're a yellow skin as well.

Back