one night in beijing!

Vaiyen said:
(but the chicks....woah...)

dude, although i said i didnt wish to say further. i read through the posts and saw this. it's because of those 'chicks' that screwed my life, my family's life, my extended family's life. im not seeking pity. know more about life, how many singaporean/ppl around the world have affairs with those 'chicks'.

BrainFailure said:
i got some relatives in Shanghai .

im a sucker for mordern city and living in built up areas..nothing to do with what music is there got jazz or rock or metal... thats the last thing on me mind....i prefer the urban life.... put me in a village or country side..for more than 2 days i...will diiiieee..!!! LOL!! :cry:

hahaha,i get used to urban area too!!and i believe i belong to the urban life...
anyways.....whatever :roll:

this thread just makes me miss beijing,so gotta post the lyric again..i know i posted it in my other thread already...well.....

How it's funny , how it's lovely
How it's pretty , how it's junky
All the loving shits happen in this city
How did they build it, all the building
Every shit survives , new for a second
Leave for a week, can't find your home!
Welcoming down to the b.e.i.j.i.n.g.
What you gonna do, where you gonna go
What you gonna watching, what you gonna listen
Buy a DVD , back your home drink coke-cola on your bed!
Hei, baby you come on in july and december
It's not the time for real human being
Hey baby you can light your
Phenix cigerets in the toilet
Welcoming down to the b.e.i.j.i.n.g.

Vaiyen said:
. (but the chicks....woah...)

yah the chicks ther whoa..!! i like,,but must becareful of wallet..cos..they can see and smell your money form miles away..LOL

i was having a chat with a shanghai chick when i was there...i was asking bout their education system.. and she said that she sucks at everything but mandarin.. science cannot make it...geography cannot make it..maths cannot make it.. BUT CAN COUNT MONEY.

ROFLOL!! i cheers to her for that..at least she is honest.. cmon..women in *GENERAL (*note i said general ..doesnt mean ALL women are like that, so to the women in this forum..pls dont get angry... im not an MCP) will screw you up..only if you allow them to. :D

but in all fairness.... there are some guys who are assholes as well..so lets come to a conclusion...

all men are bastards
all women are bitches...

so we cancel each other out... so that makes all of us SAINTS!! *CHEERS!!!* LOL!!

thx dude. i didnt intend to bring my problems in here. but i saw the china women thing when i was high and i lost it. all posts on this thread except this post was made when i was high. apologies to all ive offended

if they had a better alternative than to starve at home, i'm sure they wouldnt come to Singapore. Its partly not their fault, its the singaporeans who visit them are responsible too. The higher demand , the higher the supply eventually.

i go to shanghai every year cos my wife is shanghainese, shanghai rules man! i only get to know what a city is really like when i went there the first time. Very vibrant city and fast moving too, singapore really pales in comparison, we gonna lose out very very soon.

I tried going to the music stores and i found this place i believe is near Xu Jia Hui where there is a street full of music stores, tried asking around for prices of guitar sound effect gadgets but found them to be more EX then singapore.

Rule of thumb in china? if it is imported, it is gonna be bloody expensive.....

handynas said:
...Rule of thumb in china? if it is imported, it is gonna be bloody expensive.....

This applies to every overseas country with the currency value lower than SGD. I.e. Malaysia.

handynas said:
I tried going to the music stores and i found this place i believe is near Xu Jia Hui where there is a street full of music stores, .....
my friend loves to buy CD at DA ZI MING ZHONG which's on XI KANG LU :) im gonna re-visit shanghai&beijing next year,whoa!

CDs that not easy to find in China.....
hmmm....some cds that have not been released in China and you can get them at very cheap price campared to the price at HMV :lol: .

Since I am a not a pure Chinese, I feel that I can comment on the subject of Chinese nationals, based on my experience.

I have interacted with S'porean Chinese and Taiwanese, and I must say that they are way better than most of the China Chinese ppl I have met! But, of course, there are really good Chinese nationals out there, they are in short supply tho.

Go to the Engineering School of any poly and you will see loads of Chinese nationals. Try coping with them... Don't give empty talk about liking them, prove it.

It's easy to highlight and praise China for its marvellous inventions and philosophies, but, at the end of the day, it's all about who's the best in applying them. They invented gunpowder, remember? But during the Opium War they lost to the British, who were using gunpowder as well. One of the many reasons: Chinese cannons were stout and short, fired multi-shots, whereas the English cannons were long and fired single-shots. The English artillery could fire from the ships and hit targets, whereas the Chinese couldn't hit them at all!

China is Communist in identity, but beneath it all, communism plays a much smaller role in politics and trade etc compared to 20 years ago... I feel that China will always be plagued with major socio-political problems. Doing business with state-owned enterprises is not easy as well...

Cheers

jumbofret said:
I have interacted with S'porean Chinese and Taiwanese, and I must say that they are way better than most of the China Chinese ppl I have met! But, of course, there are really good Chinese nationals out there, they are in short supply tho.

Go to the Engineering School of any poly and you will see loads of Chinese nationals. Try coping with them... Don't give empty talk about liking them, prove it.

I've worked in China for a number of years and have interacted with people from the village level to the central government level. Let me say this: none of us should be too quick to judge another country's polictical system or people unless we are born there. It is too complex. I'll not go into sensitive discussions, but try feeding a family with $300 salary/year or less.

Contrary, I've seen many Singaporeans in China as tourists behaving like they own the world. Sad to say, I was really ashamed when I saw how they talk and compare things with Singapore. There is really no way one can compare. Perhaps all these years living in China made me see things in a different light - life isn't what we see or what we read in the papers. I was so angry once when I was cycling to work when a foriegner (also cylcing) shouted out to me, "Idiot!" - because he tried to overtake me. Of course, he didn't expect me to shout back in English,"I beg your pardon???!" - he just sped off. In many ways, I'm learning more to understand how the people feel in China. But I've still a lot to learn. The first lesson I learned is never to compare.

Back