one night in beijing!

tany

not exactly, 8 nights! going to beijing end of year, any shops? although MIC may not be good, but it's worth taking a look cause got soooo much time in beijing...

so anybody know any music shops?

hi tany
beijing guitar shops sux to be honest... big ones, small ones...
overpriced, limited goods n they normally sell display sets...
many of them dun even bother to wipe away those dust on the display sets, n they look like they juz been thru WWII.

8 days in beijing... i recommend u better utilize your time, go to great wall, forbidden palace, yi he yuan etc... eat good authentic food like beijing crispy duck at peanuts price (i mean really cheap, not SGD$600k :lol: )
n at nite, check out their underground live music scene...

*sings" ...one nite in beijing, u'll be left wif a lot of emotions
:twisted:

I am going to Beijing next Friday... I remember there was this big guitar store Michael Angelo visited... Not sure where it is...

I guess their customer service sucks thanks to communism... Remember that they closed their doors to global development, luckily they opened up a lot... So that's why they don't know much about guitars and related stuff...

why you guys go to Beijing so late?????
you have totally missed the BIGGEST ROCK EVENT OF THE YEAR IN CHINA!!!!
okay,if you wanna buy guitars,go straight to XIN JIE KOU(新街口)....i just know there they sell things like guitars,and one of my fren does the business too.
and of coz Great Wall and forbidden city or summer palace are the must-see places...
but if you have time,go to NEW GET LUCKY(xin hao yun新豪运)--it's a bar with great rock lives,especially some good Chinese bands.
and also WU MING GAO DI(无名高地)it's a famous rock bar too,there you can catch great lives as well
and yes,you also can try WU DAO KOU--there you get 13 CLUB,a new bar but great too!!and also LUSH--a bar owned by an American&an new zealander(if they dont change the owner now),and Lush is always my fave bar though it's quite small i just love there!

and go to XIU SHUI MARKET,there you can have some shopping.ppl there speak both chinese and english.

i've been living there for 2 years,living a life as a rock fan,haha.
it's my fave city all the time,though has some air polution problems:\

and bro,dont get lost,.....coz Beijing is really really huge..... :wink:

jumbofret said:
I guess their customer service sucks thanks to communism... Remember that they closed their doors to global development, luckily they opened up a lot... So that's why they don't know much about guitars and related stuff...
ppl who sell guitars and play the REAL rock in Beijing or in other parts of China know things more than you do....
seeing is believing.....
thank you very much.

it's so pathetic you guys dont have a clue of the REAL CHINA and the Rock SCENE there.

sigh

brainfailure, nothing compare to you man... juz a couple of weeks working there...
hmmm...beijing, actually i love the food there most, n i like the fact that when u order a fish in a restaurant, the waiters actually dig out the fish alive n asking u if it is good enough, n u see that poor fish jumping in the net...hahahaha

ah,i almost forgot!!!go to grab some Chinese rock cds,which you can nvr find here.
..if you need help,here i come,haha

and the DVD for Midi Modern Music Festival 2004 is great too,i strongly recommand!!!
but somebody told me he didnt find it.......anyways.....try to find,bro!!i was there at the Music Fest....great great fun for four days :D

alright,all my great memories about Beijing are Food,Places of Interests,Nice Friends and friendly people,the willow along the river,Tian An Men square,Xi Dan shopping center,Xiu Shui Market,Wang Fu Jing walking street,National library...and the way ppl speak chinese--chinese with strong Beijing accent.
and ROCK BARS,GREAT GIGS AND MIDI MODERN MUSIC FESTIVAL!!

Beijing rox :idea:

i will come back to Beijing next March---long long time to wait..... :cry:

and ....keep you warm....it snowed in early November last year if im right.but inside of the room it's like spring...coz every family has their heat on....so i really enjoy the winter in Beijing,haha.

omg....i cant stop....
lol

if got time go shanghai... shanghai in my opinion..kicks more ass as compared to beijing.. but if you are going there mainly to see history and visit sites..then by all means.. but for music..i would reckon.. shanghai.. better..if anyone of you going i can recommend a hotel to stay in...VERy cheap and can compare to hotel 81 standard... very good to stay in that hotel for holiday..so can spend money on other stuff :wink:

BrainFailure said:
jumbofret said:
I guess their customer service sucks thanks to communism... ...

now China's getting capitol.....

Sorry, boy boy, but I did say "Remember that they closed their doors to global development, luckily they opened up a lot..."

That refers to WTO and their recent approach to globalisation (not recent like yesterday or last month, a few years back).

BrainFailure said:
ppl who sell guitars and play the REAL rock in Beijing or in other parts of China know things more than you do....
seeing is believing.....
thank you very much.

Haha, seriously, the guys in the S'pore guitar industry know more than the China guys. Yes, the big stores in China have a wider range of products, but that's because there is a big market and financial resources are available.

I was saying that communism robbed ppl from enjoying guitars/basses in the past, but now, with recent political changes, they are able to enjoy and learn about these musical instruments. Quality of life has certainly improved a lot these years...

No need to get personal, eh? I admit that I am certainly not infallible in the subject of guitars. But guys from Guitar Connection, Guitar Workshop, Davis, Luther, mtlutherie.com, etc have years of compounded experience that can easily floor the China guys.

When did the S'porean guitar/bass market start? During the 60s. When did the Chinese guitar/bass market start? Less than a decade ago.

Learn to read forum posts carefully, before you engage in pseudo-intelligent babble, alright?

Thank you very much.

though im chinese. i hate the china chinese, if i could i wish they would just die and rot in hell. i dont give a slightest flying f*** about my roots. screw that stupid nation.

nak said:
though im chinese. i hate the china chinese, if i could i wish they would just die and rot in hell. i dont give a slightest flying f*** about my roots. screw that stupid nation.

off topic leh friend, and also very prone to getting flamed.

nak said:

Nevermind the flamig leh. Remember the news...?

"Three Singaporeans Charged With Racist Remarks in an ONLINE FORUM.."

nak said:

woooooooooouuuww...!! hold your horses nak... chill aite. Im chinese too..!!

its one thing to dislike another race (although it should strongly be discouraged) BUT to hate yourself..?? geeez..!! heh!! china CHINESE, cheena CHINESE, mainland CHINESE, of shore CHINESE malaysian straits born CHINESE.... ..

Guess what..they all end with chinese...your great grandfather or great great grandfather came from that country... :wink:

go to china..visit the historical monuments... historical sites..i.e great wall of china... etc....

it really is amazing....

yah to a certain extent some of them can be real pricks... but there are also a number of them who are alright..

go live in a country which lives by communism... and come out of it thinking that the whole world is the same.. bcos you never did you can actually speak your mind... or not knowing that... there is a way where dreams do come true. and then come and say that... you wont pretty much bcome like them..?

i think not.. plus the girls are pretty not bad looking too... its just that most of them are money minded...can you blame them again..? they live hand to mouth in china..our money is sooo big..that..they go gu gu ga ga... over money.

if you hate yourself..then go try to be ang moh.. or go live in an sng moh country..i can 100% assure you that you will get better treatment in china then you will get in ang moh country.. i.e. England, states, australia.... etc

on hind side..they are soooo gona rule the world..in a couple of years time.. man..have some pride man..!! go to shanghai.. and tell me..that their country is not moving faster than a speeding bullet.. man.... i loved it there man..!! send an entire army of chinese soliders to rule the world...we are all FUCKED..!!

in fact i think they are much smarter than any other country... they are just holding back..like waiting for the kill...man they are making use of this oppurtunity..to learn as much things from the world as possible, once thats done.. thats it... we are all fucked... the world will have a china flag planted at the north and south pole..!! LOL!!

:wink:

nak said:

be careful with your words
you dont learn anything about the china chinese.

bklk said:
woooooooooouuuww...!! hold your horses nak... chill aite. Im chinese too..!!

one thing i guess you guys dont understand is that China's now more and more capitol......im telling the truth...
and China now is not like what you guys really thought of.and it's time to change all of your minds.
1."go live in a country which lives by communism... and come out of it thinking that the whole world is the same.. bcos you never did you can actually speak your mind... or not knowing that... there is a way where dreams do come true. and then come and say that... you wont pretty much bcome like them..? "
as i said before,China now's more and more capitol.before my american friends came there,his friends told him"you're going to China,it's full of communisum!"but what was happenning to him after being there,he said"he dont feel the communisum at all!"

2."
its just that most of them are money minded...can you blame them again..? they live hand to mouth in china..our money is sooo big..that..they go gu gu ga ga... over money."
its unfair to call them Money minded.at least lots of ppl in the cities can live a nice life...but not as you guys think.

i just pointed something i disagree.

and thanx for the analysing,bro.

Back