12-stringers.

Plastic

So, I've been wanting to get a 12 stringer for along time now..

I've been looking at this 2 models:

Ibanez V7212 12 String Acoustic Guitar

Ibanez_V7212E.jpg

Epiphone DR-212 12 String Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

DR212.jpg

Any opinions? I'm going to go try both out tomorrow.
Do note I'm not going to be in Singapore for quite a fair amount of time, so testing at swee lee or stuff in singapore isn't quite do-able.
Budget > 400 AUD. so yeah, shoot!

Much appreciated. :mrgreen:

theres also a fina 12-string thats cheaper than the epi.
20_0.jpg

davis should have it...spruce top / mahogany sides / on board pickup + tuner.
the neck is abit thick tho, but still playable.

SX also has a 12-string thats even cheaper, but avoid that as the body and top are basswood.

Do note I'm not going to be in Singapore for quite a fair amount of time, so testing at swee lee or stuff in singapore isn't quite do-able.

Much appreciated. :mrgreen:

Problem here bro. Yeah, I saw the SX one aswell. Needs some testing 1st, before I make any decisions. Keep them options coming!

Sydney, the FINA website seems to be down, or it's probably my internet acting up again.

the fina site isnt down.
it just seems to hate all browsers except for IE.

so yea, there is a distro, guess u'll have to call them and see who in sydney carries them.

JADE SOUND SYSTEMS P/L
296 DAREBIN ROAD, FAIRFIELD VIC 3078 AUSTRALIA
TEL: 613-9482-6166 FAX: 613-9482-2522
E-mail: mail@jadeaustralia.com.au

Do you plan to make this a long time love or a short time affair? If this purchase is going to last you quite a while, I strongly suggest that you get to know the usual problems associated with 12 strings guitar and read up some review of each model (particularly those that have been with the owners for 3-5 years at least).

Try out Fender or Washburn 12 strings if they're available where you are. I would go for a used, good condition 6-10 years old 12 strings guitar. Chances are if the usual problems were to happen, it should already have. Best to test and listen well, I've owned 3 pieces 2 dreadnaught and one shallow bowl roundback (sorry no endorsement of brands). Each sounds very different.

(My personal observation on problems associated with 12 strings guitar: Bloating after the bridge are - causing action to rise an inch, neck bowing, bridge dislodge)

Latest posts

Back