WTS: Breedlove Stage Dread CE w/ upgrades

loldude333

Letting go my beloved Breedlove Stage Dread CE. I have spent about $550 on 2 upgrades - a LR Baggs Anthem SL & premium FMI saddle. This model is rare & discontinued. It isn't a collector's item, so it won't necessarily appreciate in price, but it represents a piece of history since Breedlove no longer makes dreads after their big body Concerto model was released. I'm not even sure you can get it in their Custom Shop!

This guitar has a deep resonant bass & sparkly trebles, because it is made with the classic combo of a solid Sitka Spruce top & solid Indian Rosewood back & sides. It sounds exactly like a classic dreadnought should - big & powerful. However, it possesses a very articulate voice when fingerpicked - hear it to believe. Also has very tastefully done mother-of-pearl soundhole inlay, herringbone binding and Mother of Pearl fretboard inlays. Neck is mahogany, satin finished with the right balance of chunk & slim, and the fretboard and bridge are Indian Rosewood. Oh, and it is a PINLESS BRIDGE, so string changes are easy! This combination of features is VERY hard to find at this price point, even 2nd hand. Scroll thru Carousell and you'll see it.

Here is a YouTube video for reference, if you wanna know what she sounds like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_7lOZzK3U

Do note that the stock pickup has been replaced. If you are fussy, my model (a later release) DOES NOT have that ugly tailpiece for the battery - just a regular, nondescript strap-pin/jack combo.

This guitar been regularly dehumidified, cleaned and oiled, so you won't find major nicks, scratches, dirt buildup, fretboard dryness or bridge lifting. Fret life is still excellent.

It was also set up by Jarvis of The Guitar Spa, so you know it plays super buttery and smooth. Pickup has been optimised using no less than 3 output sources - 2 line level for live sound and 1 for recording.

I will throw in a super heavy duty Fusion F1 case in orange. It has been used but not abused, still in good condition and will take quite a beating (not that it has ever been near one). Was $190 brand new.

Priced to clear at $1100. Spent a total of $1800 on it including the case. Price slightly negotiable if you are nice, and can deal fast. And I will throw in a brand new set of Elixirs if you meet the price. Furthermore, can take $100 off if you don't want the case. Bargain stuff, don't miss.

Contact eight1two3nine4three0

Back