Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

favourite guitarist

Can't help bit jump in- Allan holdsworth & I'm in great company cause the following guitarist say so:

Steve Vai --"The two best guitarist are Jeff Beck and Allan Holdsworth."

Yngwei Malmsteen--"I had to take my hat off to him"

Eddie Van Halen---"He's the best in my book, He's so damn good I can't cop anything! I can't understand what he's doing.I've got to do this (does two handed thing) whereas he'll do it with one hand."

Frank Zappa---" He's the most interesting guitarist in the world"

Joe Satriani November 2004---"Allan Holdsworth changed the way people play the electric guitar,both musically and physically,He is a true genius."

Pat Metheny---"I totally agree that allan is one of the greatest guitarist ever.His work on the mid-70's Tony Williams records was revolutionary and changed everything for guitarists everywhere.It is a real mystery to me why he is not a household name,but it does'nt matter---his contribution is large and I think all musicians know it."

John Mclaughlin August 2004---"I've known Allan Holdsworth and his music for 30 years now and after all this time,he still amazes me.His concept is still advancing with his playing,and his technical prowess,which is phenomenal,is in complete harmony with his musical direction.And this is a very advanced direction---.I recall a show I saw him at in London about 14 years ago,and after the concert I said to him,"If I knew what you were doing,I'd steal everything,but I don't know what you're doing!" Allan laughed.

And the list goes on--from Scott Henderson,Gary Moore ,Neal Schon---

Ho yeah. Saw his interview in Guitar World once. THey said Jimi Hendrix learned at his feet, Eric Clapton calls him the best living guitar player.

steve vai - guitarist with alot of creativity
eric johnson - love his versatile playing (manhattan)
malmsteen - the king of neo classical
zakk wyldde from BLS - bleedin' metal solos
herman li from dragonforce - super shredder
frank klepacki - damn good for a producer http://www.frankklepacki.com/
paul gilbert - i adore his picking methods

and

me - :lol:

My fav goes like that. Buddy Guy!!! Clapton, John Mayer, Steve VAI the man, Andy timmons, Billy Gibbons, Agnus Young, Joe Pass, gary moore, Jeff Beck n many more

SLASH

slashwgibson.jpg

Frank Gambale.

I've always found his playing to be unique, eccentric and out of this world...!

His atonal passages are the ones to die for...!

Tom Morello(ex favourite, now he just sucks)
Marty Friedman
Paul Gilbert
Buckethead
Man Kidal
Jerry Cantrell
John Frusciante
Yngwie

Latest posts

Back