where to get GT-10 beside SL?

bedokkids

Dear all,

been to SL quoted 1550( or Sometime) by a pretty lady, and after discount is drop to $930.

haha sounds amazing.

but anyway. i am looking out or other option , i mean other outlet too.

also,
i don really linger for podx3live. though i have to say it's excellent in his own way..
can someone talk to me to consider Podx3live again before sales at citymusic was done?

thanks haha

Swee Lee is the local distributor/dealer for BOSS/Roland products. If not from them, where else can you get it? The only other option is online.

Why would you want to get the GT10 over the PODX3Live? Any reasons?

Swee Lee is the local distributor/dealer for BOSS/Roland products. If not from them, where else can you get it? The only other option is online.

Why would you want to get the GT10 over the PODX3Live? Any reasons?

the reputation, and the number of unordothox effects plus.

other functions like play and rec, loop, so you can jam over the backing track

just asking. does a gt-8 or gt-10 or xpodlive or any pods have a built in drum machine or something that gives tempo like drums?

ahhh. none with boss or line 6. i feel like getting a multi-efx. just wondering. a can gt-8 do recording? is it user-friendly?

the gt-8 requires quite a bit of tweaking to get the sound you want. for modeling i think the pod x3 would be a better choice. i think they both can do recording though. the tweaking is rather intuitive for both. i've heard it's simpler on the gt-10 but apparently it isn't as specific in the sense that you can't tweak it as much as you'd like due to the simplified parameters.

Hey to TS I personally own a pod X3 live , one of the reasons i bought it was that it supports the the 2 entire guitar rig thingy with one guitar, in which the GT-10 also has. However the cool thing is that you can have 2 guitars into one POD and each running its own signal chain!

Haha so thats pretty cool the pod itself has XLR input for mic and an AUX in , Guitar IN and a Variax port. So you can actually err use 3 instrument at a time! But thats not really recommended. Its ideal for for instruments like 2 Guitars,1 guitar 1 bass, 1 guitar 1 vox etc. Well the other guitar input goes into the AUX in. Cool eh?

Tone wise still not bad , got alot of stuffs to explore, got bass cabs and models and also loads of guitar cabs and models , with the dual tone feature its even more settings to choose from! Its pretty easy to use , it comes with the program Gearbox so you can tweak your stuff from the computer.

Eh you can come my house play with it if you want to! Provided after november 11 haha having Os now.

However there are some short comings , like the footswitches are rather stiff haha very creaky but still good to use though, very bright light from the different footswitches.

Edit:
Btw its like 300$ cheaper than the GT-10 being sold at sweelee.

i feel like getting a x3live now. arghhh.
i like boss's effects which x3live doesn't have all. well, i'm contemplating a x3live cos of the simplified recording and the usb interface. a gt-8 already has the 2 amps at one.

just asking, a x3live can be connected to 2 amps right?
and if i checked correctly, its much harder to record with the gt-8/gt-10.
on the sidenote, does Gearbox allow recording? or you need to buy some other program?

Last edited:
The Line 6 Pod X3 is better than the Boss GT-10 in terms of amp simulation. However, the GT-10 has more effects than the Pod X3. Both are equally powerful in their own ways, but it boils down to each individual needs.

For eg, the X3's amp simulation is good only when plugged in through a PA and not through an amp, and that's what I do exclusively. I find that I have better control over the overall sound like this and now avoid using actual guitar amps if I use my X3.

On the other hand, the GT-10 could be easily tweaked in such a way that it sounds great through different amps. It's fast and thus, quite viable to put aside a minute or two to tweak your sound to an amp before a jamming session (unless you have a whole sequence of effects for a fixed set).

Ya the pod also has the FX loop thingy, but I dont really how to use haha anyone care to explain ? You probably have to download all the programs from the Line 6 site, I dont think theres any program given to you to record, i personally use Sonar 6 PE to record

so i guess a x3live would sound better than a gt-10/gt-8
but a gt-8 would sound better through an amp and it has more effects just less amp simulation.

in terms of recording the x3live would be much simple because of the usb interface while the gt-8 has to use a spdif wire am i right?
both are equal in terms of patches? cos i know you can download patches for both the gt-8 and x3live.

1.5k is seriously overpriced like crazy, lol. I will never ever buy stuff from swee lee due to their prices. Anyway, if you buy them online, you can get them at around 700 sgd or so, excluding shipping, so it adds up to about 800+.

Latest posts

Back