Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Plainsman... hope you had a splashing, crashing, riding and sizzling dream... :)

Mel80... cymbal counter hitting 112... :)

Jamella... browse through the earlier posts and you will see more collection :)

wooo fu man.... super lovely collection, i think i gonna have sweet cymbal dreams tonight just by looking at them.... heh

yes alvyn, i tried sound formula crash before..... it sounds really good! (there's a pretty old one at wee lee aljunied room 3)

i think mel80 tried to buy it off sam but he refused to sell .... lol

zildjian k light hats are lovely man.... i've got this huge weakness for k, but sigh how many pairs can one own and play... it takes a lifetime to play a pair till ur hearts content (at least thats how i feel)

i think there're still SF cymbals floating around now and then... i vaguely recall seeing an ad for a pair of 14" SF regular hats on luther a while ago... its a pity that i didn't snap it up fast enough.

k light hats are great... i think they make an excellent pair of hats to "compliment" a pair of brighter and more "rock" sounding hats. no regrets getting them sia

alvyn! you bought k light hats! from where! how much! i'm actually thinking of buying it off someone from cymbalholic.

Another alternative for those who appreciate Paiste SF... Meinl Mb10 series... there is a ride at Ranking played and signed by TL when he was here at the clinic in August. By the way, Twenty has arrived...

We are referring to Paiste Twenty series... can go to Ranking for Mb10 and Mb20 pricelist... the standard set for Mb10 can already cost about $1200...

mb 10 and mb 20 are made from different alloys right?
mb 10 from B10 bronze and mb 20 from B20 bronze.
mb 10 should be brighter and more cutting than mb 20.

but with one exception... the mb20 heavybell ride...chris adler's 24" monster is crazy..
you don't really see many mb20 crashes used huh...

Another alternative for those who appreciate Paiste SF... Meinl Mb10 series... there is a ride at Ranking played and signed by TL when he was here at the clinic in August. By the way, Twenty has arrived...

finally,the long wait for the paiste twenty is over. D_H when will u be making a trip down to rankings? might wanna join.

marcdadrummer caijunlong and i went down to check the 20s out the other day.

the hats were meaty. nice chick. but didnt really dig it though. i'd rather buy a pair of DE hats instead.

the 16" crash was real nice, very full. but too bright for my liking.

we didnt try out the others cos we werent planning to buy.

the pricelist the ladyboss gave me:

14" hats : $590
16" crash: $365
18" crash: 440
20" ride: $505

got only 3 sets i think so if you want, better go get 'em fast. looks pretty much like the Signature series.

the prices are almost at the signature series' level already...
shall go try them out in the near future.

D_H:i had expected this series to be a well balanced series that is very versatile,judging by your comment i suppose it leans towards the hard rock / metal genre?

in the paiste samplers, the ride sounds quite versatile, not something that stands out like a rock ride or something. the hats are quite to my liking, but i'll probably have to rob the bank for it. the crash just doesn't do it for me, sounds like there's something holding it back, not letting it sing its whole range.

just my point of view.

Newly acquired 16" HHXtreme :D

Sabiancymbals-HHXtreme02.jpg

Updated Sabian family portrait.

Sabiancymbals-collection221107.jpg

From left to right, top row:
AAX 16" Ozone Crash
Handhammered 16" Thin Chinese
AA 16" Thin Crash
Handhammered 18" Chinese
AAX 14" Crash
AA 22" Rock Ride
HHXtreme 16" Crash

bottom row:
Prosonix 8" Splash
HHX 7" Evolution Splash
Handhammered 6" Splash

Sabian family with the 'bastard child', Meinl 16" Generation X Filter Chinese with added screws (thanks DH bro!).

Sabiancymbals-collection221107withm.jpg

Last edited:
Back