Wad cymbals do u guys have...

oh alright, anyway i'll be going down on friday to check out the remaining pies with entered2exit aka. XY aka. xiyao on friday. so will keep you updated on what's left and then you can decide if you want anything? if dont have the kurak flat ride, i'll most prolly not get anything.

Cymbal

I've been a Zildjian person for awhile now...hehe ever since young all my favourite drummers play Zildjian.

My current setup.

A Custom 13" Mastersound Hi-Hats
A Custom 16" Crash
A Custom 18" Projection Crash
K Custom 22" Ride

Thinking of getting a 20" A Earth Ride, and a 18" Oriental China, a Zilbell & a 10" k A Cust splash.. (just thinkin)

Hey....the sale is for one month only. The Music Lab maybe moving to a different location, so we need to get rid of alot of stuff....

Only one Classic Flat Ride left....the rest are normal rides with bells...

Hi Guys,

My set up consist of the following,
SABIAN B8 PRO 12" SPLASH
SABIAN 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION 16" THIN CRASH
SABIAN AA 16" MEDIUM CRASH
PAISTE PSF14" MINI CHINA
UFIP ROUGH SERIES HAND HAMMERED HI HATS
UFIP ROUGH SERIES HAND HAMMERED 21" RIDE

Im also in the midst of restoring a mid 70s Ludwig Rocker drumkit.
www.soundadvice.com.sg

Cheers,
Kamal

hey kamal, sabian and zildjian are from the USA but they are branded as genuine turkish cymbals due to their history - not istanbul...

btw, where did u get the ufips man??

marc, i think he prolly got his UFIP online. off ebay maybe?

i'm more interested in the operation "Restore 70s Ludwig Kit"! got the kit from ebay?

hahaha.. kamal's in the house..
yo dude, nazrey here!!!!

recognize my signature photo below?? hahahha

and nope jeepers, the ludwig not from ebay......

whoa whoa then from where! from where!

PAISTE PSF14" MINI CHINA = Paiste Sound Formula? the line that has been replaced by the Signature line?

hey kamal, sabian and zildjian are from the USA but they are branded as genuine turkish cymbals due to their history - not istanbul...

btw, where did u get the ufips man??

Hey Dude,

Thanks for your response,
Keeping it general though, not specific.
I meant is as you mentioned it. Turkey is in Istanbul, Like NY in USA.

The Ufips?? hahahahaha
Thats Italian but possibly turkish cymbals due to their history,..... im kidding around
They are good, sits very nicely in my recordings.
Got them directly from UFIP at a Trade Show in Frankfurt.

Cheers,
Kamal

marc, i think he prolly got his UFIP online. off ebay maybe?

i'm more interested in the operation "Restore 70s Ludwig Kit"! got the kit from ebay?

Hey Bro,
I got the UFIP from UFIP directly.
Yeah the operation "Restore 70's Ludwig Rocker Kit" is going farely smooth but
im just so busy to complete it sooner. This Kit is very special to me as it was given to me by a dear friend who is now no longer with us. I have had it for 10 years now. His church had it for 20 years before that.
Its never been used but well covered and protected. Only recently after Sound Advice started settling down with work, I took it out and had a good look at it. I asked around for professional advice from various ppl and all of them agreed on the same thing which is,
" The conditions good, the woods good, restore it and give bands the opportunity to use such kits for their recordings"

To what I remember, this KIT never sounded anything like the modern kits. No wingnuts to tighten toms, its a bolt and nut contraption. To simply give you an idea on how it sounds, think 70's rock like Led Zep, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix etc.

When the kit is fully restored, Ill get a sessionist from Australia, who lives here. Mr. Floods. a good friend of mine to help stretch the skins and
tune up the kit with 2 types of skins, Coated and Clear. Ill have a recording with each skin
and keep them as samples for my clients to hear. At the end of the day, depending on their Genre, we will offer 2 drumkits each with 2 different skins. Its Old Skool or New Age tones.
And now with 4 snares to choose from, im sure we will be able to provide them with the correct set up based on their tone and genre.

Thats about all the information I have on the "Operation"

But thanks for the interest, im happy to share.

Will update.
Kamal
www.soundadvice.com.sg

hahaha.. kamal's in the house..
yo dude, nazrey here!!!!

recognize my signature photo below?? hahahha

and nope jeepers, the ludwig not from ebay......

NAZ NAZ NAZ,
Hey bro, how you doing??
Wah I never realized the kit looked so beautiful when its fully loaded.

Tonight we gonna be doing a mixdown at the studio, good if you could come.
MindSweeper probably, and our shoot is on Thursday yah.

Cheers,
Kamal

whoa whoa then from where! from where!

PAISTE PSF14" MINI CHINA = Paiste Sound Formula? the line that has been replaced by the Signature line?

whooo sound formulas are sweet.. i used to own a pair of 14" sound formula soundedged hihats! but i sold them off for a pair of new beats :(

anyway i just got myself a pair of 14" k light hats... damn great hats imo. hehehe.

Latest inclusion... these cymbals really no horse run...

Amun Series

8" Splash
14" Medium Hi-Hats
16" Thin Crash
18" Thin Crash
20" Medium Ride

Mb10 Series

8" Splash
14" Medium Soundwave Hi-Hats
16" Medium Crash
20" Medium Ride

Meinl.jpg

... to the existing family from Germany...

P1010035.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Last edited:
wooo fu man.... super lovely collection, i think i gonna have sweet cymbal dreams tonight just by looking at them.... heh

yes alvyn, i tried sound formula crash before..... it sounds really good! (there's a pretty old one at wee lee aljunied room 3)

i think mel80 tried to buy it off sam but he refused to sell .... lol

zildjian k light hats are lovely man.... i've got this huge weakness for k, but sigh how many pairs can one own and play... it takes a lifetime to play a pair till ur hearts content (at least thats how i feel)

Fuuuuuu! Sweet pies there DH. You're on your way (or maybe you already are) to be the biggest cymbal collector in S'pore :D

Yeah. I tried to buy the Sound Formula cymbal off Sam at Wee Lee Aljunied. I love it to bits whenever I jam at room 3 at Wee Lee. But he refused to sell it, even though he ever drilled the cymbal to fix a keyhole crack lol.

Back