Wad cymbals do u guys have...

myner said:
1 AAx metal crash
1 AA rock crash
maybe a pair of AAx 14" hats.

anybody selling istanbuls?

Since you play rock, Istanbul Sultan series should be suitable... check it out at Drum Resources... a few forummers were surprised by the quality... they can't believe what they were hearing...

Met Mel80 at DR on Mon and some people over there wanted to see some drumming skills... pick a 12" Sultan hi-hat for him play and he was rather impressed with the projection and even bother to ask the price of it... good drumming Mel80... 8)

Nice meeting drum_hobbyist and churnz :)

The 12" Sultan hats look interesting and sounds interesting as well. It was my first time trying on 12" hats actually. Took a while to adapt to it. I was surprised by how crisp and cutting it sounds. If anyone is looking for hats that can cut through and project well, give this baby a try :wink:

Yeah the 13" hi-hats which I got is excellent... even Nigel comfirmed it when I chosed the one out of the three hi-hats.

Stay tune... family photo of the Sultans will be up in two weeks time when I get the 17" crash-ride... 8)

myner said:
hey drum_hobbyist, i heard that the trojan 14" hats are good. Seriously comparable to paiste sigs?

Go to Ranking and hear it for yourself... you can do a comparison and decide with your ears... I would not have bought it if it won't good... 8)

myner said:
hey drum_hobbyist, i heard that the trojan 14" hats are good. Seriously comparable to paiste sigs?

Lol, if tats the case then every company should jus manufacture cymbals tat cost $100. I mean, how can u compare such stuffs. Is it fair comparing boys and girls? Or watermelons and durians.... :roll: Yea, best thing, let ur ears do the talkin...

blissuicide said:
myner said:

Lol, if tats the case then every company should jus manufacture cymbals tat cost $100. I mean, how can u compare such stuffs. Is it fair comparing boys and girls? Or watermelons and durians.... :roll: Yea, best thing, let ur ears do the talkin...

oo....u seem offended when someone compare a cheap high hat to an expensive series which u are a fan of.well,like drum_hobbyist said,go down and try them out and u will understand...

churnz said:
blissuicide said:
myner said:

oo....u seem offended when someone compare a cheap high hat to an expensive series which u are a fan of.well,like drum_hobbyist said,go down and try them out and u will understand...

Have I shown any act of displeasure or an offended feeling sumwhere? Hmm, i dun tink so. Ya, best to hear it for yourself rather than follow the rather vast opinions of people over here. I rest my case.

i don't know leh i've tried it out on its own, its like any normal pair of hats. Hard to discribe the tone, i didn't get the chance to compare it against the Paiste sigs Dark Energy Hats.

myner said:
i don't know leh i've tried it out on its own, its like any normal pair of hats. Hard to discribe the tone, i didn't get the chance to compare it against the Paiste sigs Dark Energy Hats.

Exactly. A subjective matter. Opinions are like ***hole. Everybody has one. :lol:

well churnz have u gone down and tried it out like your teacher said?

im guessings its a no...so u don't understand do u? No offence man...but lets face it...cymbals...like drums...and alot of other stuff...are sibjective...comments and opinions go that far only.

true a cheap cymbal can sound good ( wuhan e.g. )....but it might go both ways...and theres always a reason why its cheap ( -er )

Back