Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Yeah... my dream is to go to Bosphorus for 3 months and ask the masters there to teach me to make my own cymbals... another dream is to own a Singapore cymbal making company with the branding 'Symbal'... 8)

My Meinl Custom Cymbal Shop 16" Crash:

Meinlcustomcymbalshop1.jpg

DSCF3343.jpg

DSCF3339.jpg

My trojan 14" High Hat (Brilliant Finnish)
DSCF3346.jpg

sry i havent polished them yet :p but anyways,glad to own them ^^
will post the pic of my ride soon

Denosha said:
Drumz.jpg

Sorry for the large, somewhat old picture. The setup here was (from left to right):
Sabian 14" HHX Groove hats
Sabian 12" B8 Splash stacked on top of a Paiste 16" 302 Crash
Sabian 16" Pro Sonix Crash
Sabian 10" AAX Splash
Sabian 16" HHX Evolution Crash
Paiste 20" Reflector Full Ride
Sabian 18" HHX Chinese
Paiste 14" 302 hats

The Splash and Crash are now no longer stacked and individually mounted. I've now also got a cheapo tambourine mounted on the right side.

Updated pic and list:
Drumz_6.jpg

Top right to top left:
Paiste 14" 302 hats
Paiste 20" Reflector Full Ride
Sabian 18" HHX Chinese
Sabian 16" HHX Evolution Crash
Sabian 10" AAX Splash
Sabian 12" B8 Splash
AA/Meinl cowbell (dunno what model)
Sabian 16" Pro Sonix Crash
Sabian 7" Evolution Splash
Paiste 16" 302 Crash
Noname Tambourine
Sabian 14" HHX Groove hats

denosha,

the throne looks so small n cute/cuddly!!!haha...

Your HHX 18" chinese has GOT to be my favourite in the list....great china! followed by the hats and AAX splash!

any recordings? :D

joshie said:
another sabian fan eh?

Here is another one!

10992458_920d95e2a2.jpg

Sadly, these cymbals are too loud. They are not suitable for playing in church or at home, but it sounded great when I played it with my previous band. Yeah, I was allowed to to play LOUD. I love these metal!

12643789_5047a03220.jpg

Frummer said:
denosha,

the throne looks so small n cute/cuddly!!!haha...

Your HHX 18" chinese has GOT to be my favourite in the list....great china! followed by the hats and AAX splash!

any recordings? :D

Lol. It probably looks smaller because of the perspective. This was taken with a 10mm (16mm in 35-mm equiv terms) lens.

The HHX chinese is friggin loud. Cuts through anything and everything. :twisted:

I've got recordings of my jam sessions with my bro on guitar but sound quality isn't great (i've only got 2 SM57s, 1 SM94 and 1 Beta 52A micing my kit) . Playing quality also isn't great. Hur hur.

joshie said:
another sabian fan eh?

Yep. The Paiste hats and crashes (still have an older ride/crash that I don't even mount anymore) were the ones that came with my drum kit when i first bought it ages ago. The 20" ride I didn't have much choice since the Sabian rides available (in SG) at the time when I was in the market for a new ride weren't that great.

Haha... in principle I don't sell my cymbals as most of the cymbals are no more in production or not available locally... but what are you looking for?

shred5 said:
Thanxx!!!

My 18" Wuhan wld be my main China while my 14" HHX Mini Evo and the 16" wld be the noisy stuffs clanging at the side!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Hey Shred5... check this out... you may consider to do this for the 16" china. I will call this a rattling china. This is my 14" china using screws with two nuts securing each screw at the bottom. This is a solution for those who have a china that sounds clangy and mind you this rattling china sound even better than a thrashing china.

Let me know when you are jamming or giging, if I can, I will bring this innovation for you to try since you like alot of noise at the side!!! 8)

P1010001.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm selling off my old Zildjians (see thread in the selling drum gear section "WTS: Vintage Zildjian crashes") and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in them.

According to my knowledge of the history of these particular cymbals, as well as going online and doing some research on dating Zildjian cymbals, I've placed them to be around the late seventies to early eighties.

Pics will be up as soon as I can get my hands on a camera.

im interested man!

anyways im looking for a hi-hat, that has a very warm feeling to it, preferably for jazz. any opinions?

Hey, i've got a question.
If I have a budget of about $200-300 per cymbal.
should I go for Paistes? or should I go for sabians?
For sabians i'm looking at AA-AAX, i'm not sure about paistes.
If not, what would be a good buy from any other brand of cymbals?

the high end paiste's or rather those that are of a higher breed made in switzerland have prices that blow your mind. your budget definitely doesnt fit. but if you're talking about those made in germany like the pst3's i suggest you go sabian.

Back