upgrades on epip les paul

hmm how do i change my nut? the nut is glued or ?? and if i get a new nut, do i need to file it or something? i am really interested in doing it in myself, kind of learning it. yeah, anyway where got i get good tuners and bigsby?

how to pronouce bigsby ar? bigs-by? sound very weird

For Classics:

To remove the nut, firstly remove the truss rod cover and then lightly (really lightly) tap the nut with the wooden handle of a hammer (or a screwdriver) until the nut loosens and falls out.

Take the nut to Maestro at Pennisular and ask them for another nut of the same size, either TusQ or Graphite. The slots for the strings are already cut, so you only need to lower the nut until it is the same height as yours. The boys there can do it for you as you must be very careful not to round the base of the nut.

When you take the nut home, put some white wood glue in the nut slot and place the nut in the slot and restring the guitar. the strings will act as the clamp to hold the nut while the glue sets (normally overnight). clean up the glue with a damp cloth, make sure the nut is sitting properly and you're done.

It won't be the most professional job you can get, but at least you did it yourself.

cheers,

Mark.

nut is normally glued in with white glue and the likes. shud be easy to remove. but onli attempt with experience because some nuts have their edges finished over together with the guitar so removing it improperly may cause jagged breaks in the neck finish.

hey mark! wad's a good ready-to-go replacement nut? i accidentally charred mine :(

sigh this happens to shredcow and me once now it's happening again!! :evil:

why do i always type so slow such that other replies appear first? :cry:
now my post is obselete again :evil:

The TusQ nuts from the Maestro boys are pretty ggod, but remove yours first and take it down so that they can level the nut to the right height, otherwise your action will be terrible.

cheers

mudmechanic said:
The TusQ nuts from the Maestro boys are pretty ggod, but remove yours first and take it down so that they can level the nut to the right height, otherwise your action will be terrible.

cheers

Any idea how much tmaestro sells tusq coz guitar conextion a bit x leh :cry:

hmm, for budget of around 1k, wat brands of lp copy is worth it? tokai? burny? these 2 i heard them alot, but where to try them out? davis?

saw this one ishibashi

ls75.jpg

it look so sweet, i wonder the exact guitar look like this anot. its not flamed top right? the website says this Gloss Finish(luster finish). hope if i order i will get something like this finish, i hate those shiny maple top finish. any comments on this model? ls75

Can't remember the price as Dennis usually buys them for me if someone wants them installed. Call up Anthony or one to the boys and ask, they aren't that expensive.

cheers,

Mark.

hey classics for both tokai and burny there are the japanese and korean make.. recommendation to get japanese of course..

anyway was down at davis todae.. the tokais on display were around $1450 list. oh forgot to mention those above $1000 shud be the japanese make while those below are the korean makes as a rough guage.

yo classics, i provided some answers for you related to this in your other post.

yes, the $1450 tokais are made in japan. for around 1k the brands worth considering are Burny, Tokai, Orville by Gibson. I personally like Orville by Gibson.

Tokai i think you can try them at Davies for the new ones and Guitar connection for 2nd hand.

Burny you can try in Yamaha for new ones but they are made in Korea. there is a local guy selling the MIJ ones, you can find his contact at www.orangeguitar.com to try out. Very friendly and helpful guy.

Orville by Gibson, as far as i know it's only www.orangeguitar.com. There are no more new pieces for this because it's no longer in production.

Latest posts

Back