Tone/Style Comparison (DS-1 relinked)

Which tone do YOU prefer?

• DS-1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TS9DX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
penguin said:
embryo yup its true..the eq, makes the MT2 a sweet pedal..
i`ll use it patch before a GE7 (its just use to alter the tonality and loudness) other that that i played dry ..no delay watsoever.. but sometimes i add abit of reverb on the amp...

bro any other suggestion for a modded MT2?is there any way to convert it to stereo out put?I`ll like to plug it to two diff amps perhaps one dry and the other with a bit of delay..

wat are your thoughts on this..

No need for the stereo jack for the drive pedal simply use a delay pedal with stereo out. Here's a simple trick to get that monstrous Randy Rhoads/Zakk Wylde type of huge wall of sound type of stereo spread. This is usually applied in the house mixing desk but you can apply it on your stomp if you use the DD3 by connecting the stereo out to 2 seperatre amps and set the delay to quick short delay setting of about 30 to 60msec which is about the same time it takes to say the word "Click" where "C" is the original note followed by "K" if you understand what I mean (I hope) Heh. Set the feedback on the delay for one or 2 repeats and the level to match the dry signal.

You can tune the 1st amp for scooped mids and the second for mid hump and when you slam the power chords....Woah! Standback for the wall of stack roar. Makes the single notes really stand out too! Try it. :D

thor666 said:
need to install a CPU + OS into a DS1 lah. lol.

"DS1 - now comes with free game when u mod it at Randolf! Use the tone knob to turn left, gain knob to turn right, the switches to shoot and fly!!!! No more need to spend extra money on a Nintendo DS!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And if you're nice I may even "Overclock" it! Ayoooo this is getting crazy!

But I like!
8O

Japan/Taiwan Made DS1 and what's the difference?

The Japanese made DS1 (Black Label)came with a different chip which had less gain and is slightly noiser when compared to the modern Taiwanese made ones. Certain 1st issue Taiwanese made (also Black Label) DS1s had the same chip as the Japanese made DS1s. The general opinion about Japanese made pedals being all superior is'nt entirely true. I will explain. Let's say you want a DS1 Ultra which has a big jack up on the Bass and Low Mids and a higher gain factor and overall volume. I would highly recommend the modern Taiwanese made (Silver label) pedals with the 5223 chip as it has the ability to get all the above mentioned sounding tight and with less noise when compared to the Japanese ones. Now let's say you want to use the DS1 Ultra/Germanium (my own custom design) with a more subtle use of the Drive but want to max out on the level and use the setting to push a tube amp for a classic Blues Rock type of Lead Tone then I would suggest hunting down either a Japanese or Taiwanese 1st issue.

Hope this is helpful ya

yup i tried that trick long time ago..but i will need another delay for the solo part..i
feel the metalizer is quite handy as its got chorus as well...

normally i use ard 50ms for the rhythm part..i believe George Lynch uses that same old trick too..

Man! the army is taking a toll on your playing! :lol:

Anyway... the small clone sounds nice. Very nice subtle effect...

I think the clips really show why the Taiwan DS-1 should be modded... very... screechy, esp on the bridge pup although the neck pup smooths it out a lot.

Noticed you stand by it no matter what... ever tried a modded one? At least it would be smoother (you can still up the tone to get the same trebly bite you want) and less noisy.

Latest posts

Back