the screws problem!!!

ItAcHi

alright guys...need help over here...i was trying to screw out the screws from my pickup guard of my sz320...becos it had rust damn badly...but to my horror..when i was trying to screw it out...nt only i cant screw it out...the screw marking on the screws had been 'rub' away..and become a hole there...

alright now..anyway i can take out those rusted and screw marking-less screws out of my pickup guard??

Try dabbing some superglue onto the hole and unscrewing when it dries first. The other way is to put your screwdriver over the screw, then use a hammer to lightly tap the screwdriver so it goes into the screw a bit. Or use a combination. If it's not badly worn, usually can be removed this way.

ok guys..thanks for the help...i finally manage to get the screws out...thanks to my dear old papa...always amaze by how our dad can do things that we cant think of...

hmm...he use a small screwdriver...and tons of FORCE!!!haha...i dun dare to use so much force cos i scare the hole will get bigger..ad make the screw even harder to take out..but he just heck care and use violence to take it out..haha

actually, you can "hammer" out the screw threads (not too much force), then try screwing it out again.

well next time you might want to try something i do: don't put screws on positions where your hands are most likely to be. no screw = no rust. :) just leave a few to hold the pickguard.

hmm..thor666...dun put screws or screwdriver??kinda confusing

and yeah..no damage on the guitar..pickups and pickup guards..only the screw heads were damage..haha...

Hmmm.... There are screws that are chrome plated right? If handled carefully (don't scratch off the chrome) its pretty durable....

alright now i got the taking screw out problem solved..now is the other...where to buy those screws?? davis or swee lee got sell?? cos i go and ask a couple of hardware stores around my hse area..they all say the screw is too thin..they dun have any of it...

so guys..where can i buy the screws?

hahahahahah...ask ur dad to help u take them out...use tons of WD40/..but remmeber to protect ur pickups from it...

Latest posts

Back