The 7 String guitar, and beyond..

Btw fretless6, those pickups look like they came from the SD custom shop. Are they modelled after a specific model or totally wired to your likings?
And, how much? :D

hostile said:
check out these Ibanez 7string Jcustoms.. SWEET! :twisted:

RG8127F_VV_00_01.jpg

RG8127F_BX_00_01.jpg

Flamed Maple/Mahogany body
5pcs. Maple/Wenge neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Abalone Dot position inlay
Edge Pro 7 bridge
DiMarzio® Air Norton 7(H) neck pu
DiMarzio® Tone Zone 7(H) bridge pu

hi bro... i was jus wondering could u PM me the model of these j custom 7 strings?? i am a sucker for flame maple 7 strings.. hanx alot man

BTW for you guys using 7 strings out there... what guage strings are you guys using... and what pickups are in your 7 or 8 stringers?

7 strings - Gauge 0.65 for the low B.. sometimes I tune it to A.

Other than that its 9's. tall frets make it harder to play. My other 6 stringer has 11.

SIT strings Gauge .10s. I've considered using a heavier gauge for the B that the ones that come stock in the pack, .58s i think. The B is the only string that's really out of place where tension is concerned, and it's pretty troublesome to get seperate strings for it.

Pickups are stock in my guitar.

ChanMin said:
BTW for you guys using 7 strings out there... what guage strings are you guys using... and what pickups are in your 7 or 8 stringers?

i'm using .009 set, pickups are stock Dimarzios

guitar: Ibanez RG7620

i feel like getting a nice 7 stringer but i haven't come across any that i really like yet. i'm generally not a big Ibanez person, but if there was a hardtail flamed maple Ibanez RG 7 stringer, i'd totally play it.

Pooo......how many 7 string guitar u have.......im sure buying one ON EOY sale if there's any....but if no sale.....i still buy........i remember some1 post in softies a 7 string guitar with 27 fret i tink.....a flying v 7 string......do u remember it?or did any1 noe where the thread went?

but i still amazed by the introduction of 8 string guitar
226-0006f.jpg

Sleipner-XL.jpg

though the Nevborn Sleipner i read an interview from Thordendal himself was that the tuning is not tat good......he said that nearly every song during recording have to be tune......So do u tink its wise to go beyond 7 string?or is ibanez gonna make another guitar to suit this kind of needs?

8O an ibanez 8 string axe! dun tink we'll see any of those any time soon ard these parts.. they're most probably a one time custom job for thordendal and hagstrom..

anymore pics of the ibanez 8 string? interested in knowing what kinda edge bridge they sport... :D

Back