Tama Goh MasterClass - for Drum Xchange Singapore November 26th Monday!

Whoever wants to meet up before the masterclass, please put your name down.

meet at 7pm? aint too sure whether dhoby ghaut or cityhall is nearer. it's like in between.

Tama Goh MasterClass

Date: 26th November (Monday)
Venue: YMS Art Centre, Choral Studio
Time: 7.30 to 9.30pm (2 Hours)
Charges: S$10.00 only a Person

(1) Jeepers
(2) marc

anyone knows any mosque near the area??? wan pray first if theres a mosque.

thanks

meet at 7pm? aint too sure whether dhoby ghaut or cityhall is nearer. it's like in between.

Tama Goh MasterClass

(1) Jeepers
(2) marc
(3) metzalx

I'll get lost if I don't put my name down.

Just to help out a little. Can go to streetdirectory.com and search for "YMS Art Centre" and check out where's the place.

Last edited:
for maps, try using this in future:
http://www.map.gov.sg/StreetMap/
a service provided by Singapore Land Authority.

streetdirectory is privately owned, i think some folks got sued and had to pay few grand just for copying and pasting the map images on other websites.

cheers

1. RD
2. plainsman
3. jeepers
4. alvinthedrummer
5. MetzalX (wah gotta take leave from work that day)
6. BebopIggy
7. DT (as long as it is not on hari raya haji)
8. mel80
9. rla (evenings or sat or sundays please)
10. snow
11. deonportnoy
12. fiqqo
13. blurred
14. caijunlong
15. Marc
16. Spinninsticks (hopefully after office hours)
17. entered2exit
18. spikehead9
29. BSLTN (RD, I PMed you my HP)

Drat I cant make it anymore due to some last min agenda. Sorry...

i'd love to head down for it... open to non-softies too? if so i'll probably bring a few of my friends down too

yup you just need to let bro RD know. and also give him your numbers. and make sure they turn up! heh. getting your fellow hall drummers?

Tama Goh MasterClass

(1) Jeepers
(2) marc
(3) metzalx

Meet at Bugis Control Station at 7pm sharp! DO NOT BE LATE AITE!

Last edited:
yup you just need to let bro RD know. and also give him your numbers. and make sure they turn up! heh. getting your fellow hall drummers?

Tama Goh MasterClass

(1) Jeepers
(2) marc
(3) metzalx

Meet at Bugis Control Station at 7pm sharp! DO NOT BE LATE AITE!

Shit. It's tomorrow? I thought it was in Dec... ugh. Means all of us cannot turn up for it... exam period. Any chance that there'll be a part 2 for those who missed it??

Tama sms me - asking if I could help him carry the drums from his Studio to Choral Studio (Both within YMS Building) (I thought he would ask me to help Set-Up His Kit ...Kekekeke) .... Of course I say YES lah, and so I will be there earlier.

So, any of you who wants to turn up earlier, by all means ...COME (there is a Coffee Shop there opposite YMS) .....we can chit-chat talk to Mr Tama Goh - he is really very very nice.

PS: - Hey Bro & Sis - you know what is in my sms from him - He says..

After the MasterClass, let's have Makan all on him, and he will use the Money collected to pay for the Studio he booked there and balance he want to donate all the money Soft DXS ... I quickly sms him back - Cannot Lah - Makan ok if he wants to give us all a treat - but we dont want the balance money from him ..... It's just a token of appreciation from us all - Right Brothers/Sisters....Wah make us very Pai-seh but he is really a great guy and friend.

Cheers ! - I see all there - anything feel free to call my HP at 97989977

Eric

Oh and yes one more thing - If Possible and if you would wish - you can always wear the Soft's Drum Xchange - Tees - I will be bringing the Banner there this evening - and we can have a group Photograph with Tama.

Cheers !

Wah it sure was a blast! Tama is a good speaker, I agree with Alfie on this point hahaha. When he talks we all shut up... :mrgreen:

Definitely don't regret going for today's masterclass, learnt many things I cannot learn from elsewhere except from the pro himself haha.

Anyway, about the videos taken, are they gonna be posted up somewhere? I wanna watch myself (if it actually recorded me) because usually when you watch yourself its very different from how you feel when you sit there and play...

Awesome session. Tama Goh was such a warm person and so sincere in sharing his knowledge (not just techniques, but also understanding dynamics, musician approaches and life views in general), the masterclass ended at 10.30pm instead of the intended 9.30pm.

He was able to keep the whole session interesting throughout the 3 hours, with some hilarious jokes thrown in here and there. Most of us were made to have a go on the drumkit, allowing him to do some quick assessments on our playing and pointing out our bad habits. One of his main topics was on the importance of posture. It's a very important thing in drumming which is not emphasized enough, IMHO. His concepts on adding color to the music with drums and musician's approach is very inspiring. :D

One notable quote from Tama Goh:
"I have never broken any cymbals in my life. Why hit a cymbal beyond its threshold, when it can sound nice by hitting it lighter?"

Last edited:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back