Singapore Bands: READ THIS.

azlyjacaz, i want to believe that we are all nice people on SOFT. the tone of your post and comments on other SOFT users is getting very close to my threshold.

some of the members who replied to your thread are people whom i have met personally and done stuff together. they are all doing their best to make the local music industry move on to the next level.

from your post, i understand that you are not a gig organiser but helping another organiser to contact some bands. you might not have the experience or necessary know-how in terms of organising a successful gig. but you can learn if you are interested.

read the comments in this thread, learn from the people who organise gigs on a regular basis.

Alright so my tone in my comments isn't that pleasant. My bad.

But please, anyone tell me, what part in this thread, with regards to my topic post am I wrong?

My say:

New & unestablished band who ask for monetary contributions are not helping the organiser who organises a gig at a very low budget, who wanted to make the local scene grow.

For bands that are established and have somehow created a paying crowd etc. SHOULD be paid.

What's there to disagree with?

do you feel your band got what it takes to bring the music industry in singapore to the next level?

frankly speaking, i play in a band just for the fun of performing. musically wise it's not for me to judge because that's the job of the audience. so whether or not i feel my band could make it would ultimately depends on who comes and watch us.

azly.... i'm had just about enough of arguing here..... i agree that sometimes, bands have to play just for the exposure.... sometimes, that means foregoing payment... my band has done that.... but everyband has the right to ask for some form of compensation.... if that is denied, its up to them if they eventually decide if they want to still play....

what i'm not happy about is the way you put your messages across....

soft: i wouldn't mind if there's an official thread or details about it.

azlan & other softies: alright i realise that i've been too harsh in my comments thus i'll shall now chill on my comments. my apologies.

cheers..... releks dude.... everything can be talked out nicely here..... apologises too for my crude PMs to you....

and James, what's this i hear about a gig? can i join? :lol:

azlyjacaz, when i post anything on the forum, it is official.

game plan: perform 20 mins and i will film the gig to be showcased on SOFT. You just have to put up the best performance possible. I will foot all cost of equipment, live recording, video filming and marketing.

i propose this to you because you seem like a person who would go all way out to make it good.

azlyjacaz, when is a good time for you to do this performance? you just tell me the date and i will arrange everything else.

Back