RS Guitarworks Pots & Caps

haha, my strat is well.. HSS, so i think i need a 500k pot. think i should email the RS gang to discuss?

If you got real single coils or bright single coils, then 500k might be overkill.

Check out the Suhr HSS wiring diagram - they assign different resistors to the single coils, making them see a 250k pot... all with 1 x 500k vol pot.

Dudelove: They say because we use metric pots, which is 6cm, but im not sure which part they are talking about. They say they use the non metric ones that are 1cm

Edit: I just measured a spare strat knob that i have, apparently the hole is 6cm. So im guessing thats what they mean. But if it is a split post i think you can bend it in to fit the normal knobs i think, not sure. Could anyone check this out? Like those who already have the RS pots

Last edited:
Dudelove: They say because we use metric pots, which is 6cm, but im not sure which part they are talking about. They say they use the non metric ones that are 1cm

Edit: I just measured a spare strat knob that i have, apparently the hole is 6cm. So im guessing thats what they mean. But if it is a split post i think you can bend it in to fit the normal knobs i think, not sure. Could anyone check this out? Like those who already have the RS pots

They're talking about the shaft bit. Not 6cm lah... 6mm. US knobs won't fit on 6mm posts, and vice versa. You must get the right knobs for their knobs. Also, watch out for the holes in the body. They're most likely drilled for Asian sizes (metric) if the guitars are from Asia. American uses different diameter holes, so the pot shafts may not fit.

And no, the 6mm diameter holes will NOT fit on the RS pots. Becareful about these. I broke a pot because of these before.

Last edited:
I think my pickguard holes need to be enlarged, MIM Fender? And I'll just buy the knobs from RS. Better safe than sorry..

I think my pickguard holes need to be enlarged, MIM Fender? And I'll just buy the knobs from RS. Better safe than sorry..

We actually have US-sized knobs since there are shops that bring in parts from AllParts, a US based company. Dimarzio parts are also US sized.

Davis has a counter area where there's a large selection of knobs - those are all metric... at least since the last time I asked lah.

yup, shredcow. I have checked out the Suhr wiring diagram.

but i'd still need the 500k super pot from RS.. which they don't include in the strat kit. I popped them an email asking if they could switch out the 280k pot with the 500k pot, but i have yet to receive a reply.

anyone wants to MO from RS?

also.. anyone wants to order from http://guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_index.htm ?

I'm looking to get a 4way tele switch. heh.

yup, shredcow. I have checked out the Suhr wiring diagram.

but i'd still need the 500k super pot from RS.. which they don't include in the strat kit. I popped them an email asking if they could switch out the 280k pot with the 500k pot, but i have yet to receive a reply.

anyone wants to MO from RS?

also.. anyone wants to order from http://guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_index.htm ?

I'm looking to get a 4way tele switch. heh.
i want to order from guitarpartsresource, but just ordered stuff from gfs so my mom is not gonna let me use her card for a while hahahah!

just heard back from Billy @ RS.

he says he can make me a 4-way tele kit. Which is great! and.. a HSS kit for a strat too.

I just ordered wiring rigs from tonemojo.com (jonesy on MLP) for my LPs and Strats. I specified these rigs to use CTS 10% tolerance pots and Russian PIO caps (.015 neck and .022 bridge for the LPs and .033/.047 for the Strats). Can't wait to get them :mrgreen:

Btw, who do you guys use for installing such rigs in SGP? Someone who can do a clean and careful job preferably :D

Latest posts

Back