RS Guitarworks Pots & Caps

haha i want to order the modern tele electronic parts and knobs.. but i gotta order a 4-way switch too.

Feel like ordering one of the prewired strat sets for my new strat, either RS or just ask beez and use gotoh pots. What do you guys think?

^ i second that. 250 and 500k will prolly have some diff. but 30? yes there will be, but subtle. and i think it might even be for the better.

Question here. Are there any Ibanez (H/S/H vol + tone) type upgrade kits available? The tele & esquire pre-wired kits might not be suitable due to the different number of pickups. It would be quite a shame if they don't provide such a kit because I believe that quite a large number of people play Ibanez guitars & other super strats that have the same configuration.

Anyway, any recommendations for fattening up the tone of a guitar?

Whitestrat is right. I have my les paul fitted with RS Superpots. My strat felt wrong after playing with my les paul. So, I got em for my strat. So, if you have many many guitars, you might want to stay away from them. And they might not be so worth while if like, you hardly even touch the volume control. What i appreciated so much about the superpots was the taper. If you don't use your volume control when playing, then might not be too worth while.

Whitestrat is right. I have my les paul fitted with RS Superpots. My strat felt wrong after playing with my les paul. So, I got em for my strat. So, if you have many many guitars, you might want to stay away from them. And they might not be so worth while if like, you hardly even touch the volume control. What i appreciated so much about the superpots was the taper. If you don't use your volume control when playing, then might not be too worth while.
Was your strat much brighter because of the 280k value? Well i do use the volume knob quite abit, so i guess its an investment.

So any MOs? haha!

haha, my strat is well.. HSS, so i think i need a 500k pot. think i should email the RS gang to discuss?

Was your strat much brighter because of the 280k value? Well i do use the volume knob quite abit, so i guess its an investment.

Haven't replaced yet. Just got em today. No I doubt it'll be any brighter at all. My les paul had 250k pots. Switched to 500k, the difference ain't night and day. Noticeable, but not like from treble 1 rolling up to 10.

haha, my strat is well.. HSS, so i think i need a 500k pot. think i should email the RS gang to discuss?

Yes you want a 500k pot. Or get a separate volume knob for your humbucker. Don't disturb them, they're busy enough. :mrgreen:

Just go to My Les Paul Forums and read up on the HUGE RS guitarworks thread.

coolio.

LOL. I googled MLP looking for My Les paul forums..

i got My little pony. HAHAHAHAHA

my-little-pony-beverage-napkin2.png

:confused:........ \m/

Dudelove: That is a good point, what size holes should the knobs be for the bigger pots? 3/8" aka 1cm?

Dudelove: That is a good point, what size holes should the knobs be for the bigger pots? 3/8" aka 1cm?

Dunch know leh. I just read RS site and they said something like only their knobs fit their pots or something. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I really cannot rmb.

I like the look of RS aged LP knobs. Maybe I will order a set in future.

But the aged reflector knobs and pickup rings are crazily expensive! Like USD120 and 250 respectively...duh?!! :shock:

But then again, maybe they add some tonal voodoo or mojo to your guitar. :mrgreen:

Back