rock music kills?!?! LITERALLY?!?!

thor666 said:
don't you know that SG is an acronym for "satan's guitar"? :twisted:
you serious? 8O LIAR.. "solid guitar" lahz.. lolz..

vaiyen said:
DT is obviously saetanick too because they have a song called 'Hell's Kitchen'! OMG I'm giving my ticket up for free!Who wants it! Get it off my hands!!!
ok i sacrifice abit n to help take away ur sin away..

Vaiyen said:
DT is obviously saetanick too because they have a song called 'Hell's Kitchen'! OMG I'm giving my ticket up for free!Who wants it! Get it off my hands!!!

Hell's kitchen is the name of a place in New york right ...

Well, I do agree with the article that music isn't neutral. Unfortunately it doesn't elaborate further on that.

I think all of us have to look at the article in a different context. It's obviously written in the 80s when people were more afraid of rock. I'm a Christian too.

As the article said, one thing I know is that music is powerful.

Hahaha. I think musical intepretation is subjective according to individual taste; you want it hard and heavy and head-banging, there's nothing wrong with that. Every rock musician will love that kind of music, but not so the white-haired missionary who's had a musical diet of hymns. I'm in a Christian band and we love to rock; especially with detuned guitars and screaming leads.

I believe there's absolutely nothing wrong with rock music. If ever "evil" is present in the music, I think it's not the music itself that makes it evil, but rather the musicians playing. Kinda like the same logic behind guns don't kill people but the people pulling the triggers do.

Well for me I feel that Rock is the most primitive music in the world. Its in everyone of us, coz you'll shake your head left and right when you hear a Rock n Roll song and perhaps you might bob your head and stomp your foot when you listen to a metal song. These physical actions prove that you're subconciously accepting and liking the music, which isn't taught and can't really be. Rock is raw, bringing out our REAL, naked self and true rockers live their lives each day, knowing that they have walked their path upright, standing tall. This is the so-called 'Rock-Spirit', which sadly a lot of ppl out there fail to attain. And therefore 'Rock', being the most effective 'key' to unlocking ppl's 'heart', shall show ppl the true meaning of life, turning them into beautiful butterflies from their cocoons. None shall regret living in this world. They shall find back their souls and find back their hopes and dreams....

ROCK N ROLL WILL NEVER DIE, AS LONG AS THE PEOPLE'S HEART DON'T DIE

Time for the new Rock n Roll Revolution...

Haha I like that, a Rock and Roll Revolution. Enough pop crap on the radio, it's time for six-stringers (and seven-stringers) to make a stand!

Chan said:
Hahaha. I think musical intepretation is subjective according to individual taste; you want it hard and heavy and head-banging, there's nothing wrong with that. Every rock musician will love that kind of music, but not so the white-haired missionary who's had a musical diet of hymns. I'm in a Christian band and we love to rock; especially with detuned guitars and screaming leads.

I believe there's absolutely nothing wrong with rock music. If ever "evil" is present in the music, I think it's not the music itself that makes it evil, but rather the musicians playing. Kinda like the same logic behind guns don't kill people but the people pulling the triggers do.

I'd have to agree

serialninja said:
when i went to ACS(I), they showed us this video about how evil rock music is. it was orientation and we were 13 years old and during the course of the orientation there was a whole lot of evangelism and proselytizing. i thought it was incredibly offensive, but perhaps it's my fault for chosing a methodist school.

in any case, the video on the evils of rock music was laughable. they were right about one thing, though; it was so ridiculous that it made me want to kill myself and the person who produced it.

:lol:

I remember that video dharma. Hell's Bells right?

I still remember they were like, "Ok, if you want to renounce your obession with rock music now and you want your CDs destroyed, you can hand them to miss grace khwee (one of the acs i chaplains) and she'll do it for you." after the video.

Grace Khwee has to keep the video under lock and key, literally :twisted:

haha I've heard much about that video. did they do the backmasking for you? like play certain songs backwards and show the 'hidden' satanic messges. Hotel California is supposed to have such messages, and a few other Guns N'Roses songs. personally, without the 'satanic lyrics' provided, I can't tell that the songs have such messages in there.

Yup. They did Hotel California and Stairway to heaven. Which was pretty darn bs cos they tried feeding us the same urban legend about getting "highway to hell" if you play stairway to heaven backwards.

And did you know JHON LENNON pelted nuns from his hotel window with water-filled condoms? :lol:

That's one of the supposed "facts" featured in that pathetic little soccer-mom-produced program.

hahahaha. yes. my ACS friends have told me about that many times. And about that teacher who keeps it under lock and key. I actually wanna watch it, just so I can have a good laugh.

Actually, the myth that Rock music kills plants has been busted.

If you guys know of this Discovery Channel program Mythbusters, they actually did a test on how different music affects plants. Contrary to the article's claims, the "Heavy Metal" plants grew the best. Classical came second.

I don't know where the writers of the article got the idea that Rock music kills plants from, but the Mythbusters showed that Heavy Metal music might actually, instead, stimulate plant growth.

Truth is, there is no 100% scientifc evidence to show that Rock music kills. I think the article's credibility is quite questionable.

the article claimed that well, it was not written from a Christian context. or something to that extent, no?
but the article lists many examples that relate to Christiany, and even quotes from the bible.

that's kinda put me off the credibility of the article. heh.
my two cents :lol:

Latest posts

Back