Pug Jelly break up?

gordonzz said:
lol.. no offence to anyone..

but i hope one day people could just stop the thing about 'simple plan is not punk.... this is not punk that is not punk.. pop punks are posers' shit....com'on la.. sit back and enjoy what u like~ 8)

yay. yeah. i so f-ckin agree.

and this thread is supposed to talk about the pugjelly break-up, not punk-movement or classifying bands u think are punk or not. so cheers everyone, and stop argueing. *peace* :D

My opinion,

Punk as all music aims, is to express feelings, emotions and sentiments man... It kinda release this energy all yongsters have... u may call this energy "angst"

The way punkrock is, is that the main purpose ain't to show a fanciful parade of skills but to present their view of life thru their eyes... to show what growing up is all about... to get peoples attention as to what is going wrong in our lifes man...

This genre ain't about the technical part of music... it is about the expressiveness of music...

And the term rock is to present the real person u are and doing what u like and things u know its right... without giving a damn as to what people thinks about u...

ok I've said my piece... so peace out and rock on people! :D

i dont think they even deserve this 8 pages of attention....lets just stop discussing about this pug bullcrap ok???

Yes.. u are right.. maybe we should stop this thread now.. no meaning looking at some fuccking idiots who just come in and diss punk.

I hate people who diss other people's genre. Go eat yourself and stop being so narrow minded.

No offence. Bye, would not be coming back to this thread.

i agree actually...it seems that some musicians just enjoy dissing other people's genre just beause they don't play it or they don't understand it...and i think that it's this type of narrow-mindedness that makes the singaporean scene so hard to break into...

It saddens me to know that instead of getting people together in a common space for music as a whole, SOFT forum has become somewhat a battle field.

I also cannot understand why some people can hate others to the extent that they curse them in public, not because these people has done them harm or insulted them in the past, but simply because they prefer a certain way of life or a certain music.

Are we not all hailing for local music to be better recognised, and to be further appreciated? Can we, with so much bickering?

I am absolutely saddened.

Sorry i broke my promise and came back to this thread as i think i need to say out what i feel oso :)

Yes.. punk oso music right? You cannot blame someone for playing punk.. its like ur hating and luffing at those whose living in third world country.. im tryin to say... its like some people are influenced by punk since young.. and its in their blood.. they cant change it..

Take me for example.. i do listen and tried to play solos and play metal but i cant! ..and i listen almost every genres.. i like guitar music/neo classical and metal too..i listen to them more den punk's nowadays.. but as hard as i tried.. the music i made still came out punk... cause i have oredy set my roots to it.

So do you like it if people come to u and say 'what the xxx man.. play so much solos in a song.. yet not catchy at all/nice at all..not like punk rock..so easy yet so nice?' do u like it when a punk say that to ur music? its the same when u say punks are easy.

To those who dissed punk.. sorry but im not someone whose into flamming.. but i have to say it... go eat yourself.. your just narrow minded and jealous about so much punkrock nowadays.. why not u just prove ur self and bring metal or other genre to the mainstream then?

FYI : Im not a punk.. not my mindset not my dressing. Im just a normal guy who play music that sounds BIT like punk..

I stood neutral.

HeartRockSingapore said:
I am absolutely saddened.

Nah..im not battling or what.. just trying to stop this war.. :)

Yeah..its stupid..its like saying metal owns powerchords.. pop and punk cant use it.

Try see caucasian's forum.. u dont see those guitarist dissing other genres.. i think it onli happen in sg..

PEACE.

gordonzz said:
Try see caucasian's forum.. u dont see those guitarist dissing other genres.. i think it onli happen in sg..

uh i dun think so... ultimate guitar has a section dedicated to genre-bashing...

den maybe soft could have one too? :D at least all dissin can be done in that.....

wad im pissed is that when a someone crosses to others' places and diss them. a sectionf or bashing is in the middle. not bad :)

this thread is for pug jelly breakin up.. while people come in to say they are shit heads.. should have break up long ago :?

While I'm a metal head all teh way, punk is awesome. I'm talking Sex Pistols, Susie and the Banshees, etc stuff. The whole fuck you attitude has crossed over to metal and was, despite my biased opinion, brought into metal alot by Metallica. Punk is what msuic stands for, in the pureset form: an expression of your self, of your feelings, and of your beliefs. Great stuff.[/b]

Where does free speech come into play then? If punks can air what they feel about life, I'm sure others can air how they feel against punks, no? I'm not implying that I have strong hate against punks, or anything for that matter, but I don't think that anyone else having a strong hate towards something is wrong, because that is how they feel towards it. I don't think that showing their hate is wrong too. As long as their comments are not defamatory or insulting, it's fine to hate something, no? I bet the 'real punks' hate something too, they don't seem like happy hippies to me.

EDIT: Actually I do have a strong hate towards a certain group of people: taxi drivers, and ONLY when I'm driving. They are nice people when I'm a passenger, but absolute terrors when I'm driving. Cannot stand.

Back