Pug Jelly break up?

aiya, they break up cos they made enough money already.

stupid people like us always bitch about them, haha, but in the end, its them who gt all the money and the chicks.

SOFT.COM, lets all switch to punk and get the moolah

Pug Jelly disbanded? who cares? Its like saying the local village band called XXX from say...Cambodia has broken up. They're foreigners, n they're studying in an international school. Ppl who chooses to study in international schools don't regard themselves as local, they don't want to be locals! N they think our education system is inferior that's why they chooses not to even be part of it as a foreigner!

Support local music? they're so many other bands that deserves more attention.

Support pug jelly? you're just another typical dumb asian who suck up.

i love Pug Jelly, they are nice. i dont look at them as locals or foreigners but as performers/entertainers/musicians. punk or not, no problem cause to me, it is all music.

it would be a pity if they are no longer together but hey, that's life man. you move on. and remember, they are all still young. they will improve musically and maybe come back as another band or individual musician.

stillwater said:
Pug Jelly disbanded? who cares? Its like saying the local village band called XXX from say...Cambodia has broken up. They're foreigners, n they're studying in an international school. Ppl who chooses to study in international schools don't regard themselves as local, they don't want to be locals! N they think our education system is inferior that's why they chooses not to even be part of it as a foreigner!

Support local music? they're so many other bands that deserves more attention.

Support pug jelly? you're just another typical dumb asian who suck up.

dun be so narrow minded dude,i know that u love singapore very much,but the topic is bout punk and not about why they go to international sch instead of government sch...and tell you what,i dun really like punk rock,but i daresay that pug jelly is cool, they became the opening band for sum41 twice and they have contract with recording company, your band can do it? i believe u'd never do it....
supporting pug jelly doesnt make me a dumb asian,a person with lotsa brain clot like you are the 1 that's dumb,bloody racist

Hey reyrey,
i can see that i have offended you, n im sorry abt it. i sincerely apologise. most of my views are expressed generally and not personal, definitely not to anyone in particular.

point stressing in them not being local is towards those whose agenda is supporting local music, n i disagree supporting pug jelly = supporting local, simple as that.

I am not sorry for my statements, but i sincerely apologise to ppl like reyrey. For now, i shall keep my comments to myself.

ok so i ask you this; what is it about parking lot pimp and ronin that they got contract offers? No flaming PLEASE. My intention was not to flame Pug Jelly as well. I simply asked if they disbanded and I don't really like Punk Rock (Modern). Any analysis? Simply put; what makes bands like electrico. pug jelly, parking lot pimp, ronin, and the observatory get contract opportunities? In all honesty and no disrespect, there are plenty of bands out there playing same kind of music. Is it their image? Their live shows? Their contacts? Their hard work? What do you guys think? Their music?

NO FLAMING PLEASE. For all ur opinions on any of this bands, give them credit for giving exposure to the local scene. Let's not do it harm. Besides, all these bands ARE good at what their respective genres require of them. Be it indie rock, experimental lounge, hard rock, hip hop or etc.

hailtothetrickster said:
In all honesty and no disrespect, there are plenty of bands out there playing same kind of music. Is it their image? Their live shows? Their contacts? Their hard work?

I thk you just answered your own questions. :D

But contacts are very impt, along with how you intend to sell your band (image) and your strategy as well... It involves a lot of thinking. It definitely helps if you have a manager who knows the industry well enuff... :)

hailtothetrickster said:
what is it about parking lot pimp and ronin that they got contract offers?

Hi Mr Hail,

Well, I hope I can answer all your questions. Hadn't been on Forum for a long while, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see ppl here are more polite then before! Good! Good! Thus I hope to contribute my two cent worth of information. :)

1st of all, Pug Jelly is indeed Broken Up. Or so I was informed. Reason was not because they had 'made enough' money (when is enough? hahhaha). As much as I can share, let's say it was more of a personal situation that they are not able to play (well for now.. at least). They are still good buddies so as far as I know, there weren't any Major Disaggrement internally. ;) If u think that I'm one of the band or the groupies.. hahah. then u gotta read further. :) But nevertheless, I think the Puggies were great people, despite I never agree with their music...mind ya, I'm a Punk too. ;)

Let me help ya with the 2nd doubt/question of yours. Well, as sad as this music scene may seem, it's a Fact that Musical Creativity plays only a Minor part. I totally agree that many bands can play as well as bands like Electrico, Ronin etc.. however, one of the reason behind these unknown bands remaining unknown is simply because they do not know where the 'Contact' comes from. If you observed carefully, most organisers tends to rope in the same bands for their shows... Ever wonder why? :)

Here's a little info that might help you figure the Reality behind this Music Scene:
a) Part of Electrico comes from a very old band, LIVONIA (so their contacts are tremendously SOLID!)
b) The Observatory are built from (Ex-HUMBACK OAK which is a Pioneer in Indie Rock here, Ex-Padres-another Pioneer,Ex-Concave Scream-sounds familiar? members.) They do have more contacts with organisers then anything.
c) Ronin is probably one band that stand out without strong contacts. ;)

See, Local Recording Deals are handed out to almost all these bands when they are ready to released with a proper recording. It's just a matter of having the Right Place, Right Time and Right Audience.
Pug Jelly didn't have a 'Recording Deal' with Universal. They HAD a 'Distribution Deal'. Now u know the difference?

Please do not get me wrong. I'm not flaming any of the above mentioned bands. In fact, I think they deserved what they are getting (awards, 'contracts' etc..) But my point to you and to those who might feel as doubtful as you. It's not impossible to get your band unto some contract with big labels. They are not as big as a deal if you compare them to Shows like 'AirHead-starring Brendon Fraser' or bands like Guns N ROses or Simple Plan. If you really think your band is up for it, simply find out who are these 'Head Hunters', get your band a good Folio to present to them. Talk to them, 'SELL' them your songs, bands' image like you are selling OSIM products. If you have a sweet tongue, you are halfway there. ;)

Ops. I guess I've blab too much. :)

I hope I've answered this 2 page long topic about PUG JELLY and other blabbery topics. :)

Hello Afterdeath,
I take that as a compliment? hahahhah :)
Lets just say that I came to share with a good intent ... :)

a_b_normal123 said:
o_O...the pugs broke up?? that's sad...did their management company have anything to say about it??

Which one? If you are talking about that Yanky Zion, I think after 2 years ago's Baybeatz, they must have taste 'Singapore' well enough to move on with their lives! hahahahhah... :p

nic1327 said:
hahaha they'd better be, since 2 of them are brothers! lol. :D

Isn't it sweet to be having your own blood brother in the same band? But PJ isn't the only one with brothers in the band.. I've heard afew others though...And I think that's really good! :)

Back