pple here too 80s and 90s

you're right. :)

mostly.

but i'm far from compelling my enviroment to adapt to me; i don't pm everyone the link.
and nope, not trying to get popular. just trying in vain to steer this place away from the usual route of music forums.

my point is, it's sad for a forum that boasts about being a point where singaporean music gathers to be nothing than another infested...with oh you know what.

:)

get a more catchy title?
I notice some softies keep posting on their OM thread, usually one liners, even after the thread was started weeks ago,just to get their thread to appear at the top.. its not so much that people are interested in their stuff.

turbochicken:
No you should not rest your case!
If you're NOT contented about it being the same as everywhere, get up and do something about it! Convince others that your style of music is worth playing and listening to! Be more pro-active! You're the only one who can.

You have to change the people, before you can change the Forum.

we cannot change a person's musical preference but we can bring in more people with different musical skill/preferences.

bottomline, get more SOFTies!!!

Well, I like various stuff like punk, rock, metal and shit like that but that doesn't prevent me from being a Mandy Moore whore either. :wink:
Lol, one observation I've made of myself is that I tend to favour songs with crazy ass songwriting parts, be it with or without the crazy ass guitar tones, riffs or solos instead of the usual riff, solo, high pitched vocal ending sequence. :lol:

turbo: it may be the same everywhere in forums, just like each of the forums having ppl like you...with the same opinion. Point is, just do whatever you like....enjoy making music and playing guitar.

Most importantly, to each his own....the hard rock era may be overrated to some, but to the others it's the source of inspiration and passion, just like you who have your own influences to call on :wink:

to Quote Paul Gilbert:

You can take a man out of the nineties, but you can't take the nineties out of a man!

:twisted:

but well, the reason i never clicked nor commented on your OM was that i wasn't interested in the song Silent Night. (on the other hand, i still vividly remember another song my friend wrote with the same name.)

anyway turbochicken, don't take it too hard on yourself mate! i do get the feeling if someone posts lots and lots of techno OMs here he'll also get ignored (mostly). It's tricky... a cappella is really only appreciated by a small percentage of the world population and getting exposure for it is harder.

no no, not trying to alter musical tastes here. but broaden it.

and well, perhaps you've stereotyped a cappella. true, a cappella is an acquired taste but then it has evolved just as much as any other major genres you can think of.

preferences are good and should be respected but if we aren't going to widen this narrow scope of musicality / musical tastes we have then we're just going to continue stagnating.

and if you've stereotyped a cappella, then trust me, you need a paradigm shift.

but i'm not taking it too hard, i'm just wondering why why why. :)

edo83: no, not saying the 80s or 90s are overrated, just saying that they're not the only good music around.

i personally enjoy master of puppets, one, the unforgiven, aces high, welcome to the jungle, she could be mine, don't damn me etc etc.

having a source of inspiration is good, but making it the ONLY source of inspiration....pity.

turbochicken said:
preferences are good and should be respected

heh. well it's tricky. sometimes people put certain genres with the sound of construction sites... so it's hard to convince that segment of people.

also, one only has so much time to absorb so much stuff. naturally most people listen to what they like.

heh.. i'm just trying to give a take on why you aren't getting any response. well, plough on with determination if that's you're convinced, and encourage more people to listen broadly. :)

turbo: nah...not saying that you think the 80s is overrated, just giving an example.

i dunno bout others, but i love other genres like fusion...funk or latin as much as the 80s. I guess it boils down to personal pref and selective hearing for everyone, some filter more some filter less. Even worse, some just jump to conclusions and shut themselves off from a genre which they think sucks......

that's another topic for another day hehehe....but really there's always listeners out there. Just that we're all swamped with gung-ho guitarists here.....myself included too :lol:

Hmm i have to agree with turbochicken to some extend.

I guess it really depends on a person's likings? Musicians tends to... explore more challenging stuffs or more "wow" stuffs to impress other musicians, lol not stereotyping but just my opinion.

And to me, 80s and 90s got ALOT of "wow" stuffs so maybe thats one of the many reasons why?

edo83: Yes i have to agree with you. Many of my "metal" friends shut themselves off from er, pop? Everything actually, except metal. It's quite sad actually, cause many stereotype that pop or those other genre apart from metal are "sell out" stuffs? Like what you've said, jumping to conclusion eh?

Maybe people just have to open up and see its just different ways of expressing themselves.

(not stereotyping all metalheads k! lol)

i hereby agree with turbochicken's statement regarding soft.com.sg being a fairly pro guitar website.

but im a guitarist... and its what makes soft.com.sg such a good website!!!!
muahahah!!!
MORE MORE MORE!!!

i honestly tihnk singapore really needs more musicians.. eg.. sax players... bassists.. drummers..anything other then guitar players.

guitarist really too many.... throw a stone into a crowd and chances are... it hits a guitarist.

so all go out and drag more hot chicks in here k? hot chick musicians.

Seriously i wanna learn sax. Its DAMN sexy. but, one sax can let me play like 4000 times Initial D which most probably i'll complete all the stages. Sigh.

aiyoh... play game where got fun ...
get driving license then play for real la...

but then again.. u will just lose your license like i did.. :(

or worse.. die

or even worse... not die with a broken (insert part of body)

. You like damn proud ah. LOL serious, initial D got life.

Maximum tune more life, u see those chio ahlians playing, and owning those dumb ahbengs. HA HA HA HA HA.

para para is like the most entertaining arcade game ever la...

i just stand there and watch man... friggin awesome.
:twisted:

Back