Polytechnic

jeremyrozario said:
koolguy74sg said:
Really? So happy.. I like music..Without music I think I cannot live...I go and check it out? Hope it is a full time course...as I was 32 and a graduate in NP in EEE course..dont know still can study or not..

haha, im a currently a eee student in sp
Wah...same sia...:D
Only different poly only :D
too bad I only study coz you can get more professional jobs in engineering..but my interest is still Sound and arts...

Maybe I go and apply for Diploma in Music and audio technology course in SP....hopefully can get a place in this April-June intake...

koolguy74sg said:
Maybe I go and apply for Diploma in Music and audio technology course in SP....hopefully can get a place in this April-June intake...
that is basically my interest too, but not sure if there's a future for it though..

got...like al those composers? can go work for mediacorp also wad compose all their drama serial songs =p

see who can become the next lee wei song lol

bling said:
got...like al those composers? can go work for mediacorp also wad compose all their drama serial songs =p

see who can become the next lee wei song lol
yes can, but chances are very low la.. unless u really really got talent, if not interest does no help much in this kind of thing.

Stairwaytoheaven said:
koolguy74sg said:
that is basically my interest too, but not sure if there's a future for it though..
there's a course at RP also... dip in sonic arts. its abt music production also. this year is the first time. so, if u join, ur the first batch.

for those hu want to join SP DMAT, plz try go thru Direct admission as well as JAE. DAE , u will have to audition.

cut off point for my batch is 12.equals media comm.competition is tight. I know that bani hidir is in it. There is also competition among high scorers. There are 2 students in that course WITH NO MUSICAL KNOWLEDGE. So...yea...hope for the best results. :)

For mass comm or the likes, which would you choose? NP, SP, TP? I'm interested but I can't decide.

Also, for the design students, what's it like in your courses, esp for those with no prior experience? =\

jeremyrozario said:
koolguy74sg said:
I think there is none of polytechnic that have music course except FSV... film, sound and video course in NP...however sound is not really mainstream in the overall course....

singapore poly has the music and audio technology course

and if im not wrong, np is phasing out the sound part in fsv

i'm a fsv sound student from np.. and nope, they're not taking out the sound part. the curriculum just changed in the sense that it is now compulsary to take film and video, in contrast to just choosing either film OR video in the past. you get to choose either sound or cg as your secondary major. the equipment is pretty up to date, you can come for a tour during NP's open house on 2-4 feb.

hope that helps :)

blackductape said:
Stairwaytoheaven said:
koolguy74sg said:
there's a course at RP also... dip in sonic arts. its abt music production also. this year is the first time. so, if u join, ur the first batch.

Good thanks...I go check it out....for the Dip in sonic sound course at RP :)

Stairwaytoheaven said:
koolguy74sg said:
Well music does not really have to be produced in as pop music in the industry...It can also be produced in Ads, in games, in film and vast area- the internet etc...So it can be very vast scope..Only very few polytechnic got this course..but I think it still carry a good prospect...

Erm, sometimes some poly's diploma has various special exemptions. Like mine was exempted from Part 1 exam from the BCS (British Computer Society). I was from Dip in CCS (NP), the course is modeled closely to UK context, I felt, after I took a long distance hons deg. from Uni of Bradford.

Though it seems irrelevant in SG, such exemptions helps when you apply for Uni in UK.

I felt that NP IT is generally quite strong. Won alot of competitions b4 (back then, not sure about now)

AGain, if i can time travel, I guess I would chose JC... 8)

Skye said:
jeremyrozario said:
koolguy74sg said:
I think there is none of polytechnic that have music course except FSV... film, sound and video course in NP...however sound is not really mainstream in the overall course....

singapore poly has the music and audio technology course

and if im not wrong, np is phasing out the sound part in fsv

i'm a fsv sound student from np.. and nope, they're not taking out the sound part. the curriculum just changed in the sense that it is now compulsary to take film and video, in contrast to just choosing either film OR video in the past. you get to choose either sound or cg as your secondary major. the equipment is pretty up to date, you can come for a tour during NP's open house on 2-4 feb.

hope that helps :)
Thanks I wanted to join FSV...but there is film and video..which is somehow not quite irrelevant in my interest...However anyway thanks for the open house..Maybe I just go take a look...

Back