pedal? which one?

iamnuthin_84

hey guys, was just wondering... a vol pedal first or a chorus? if vol, which one? if chorus which one? actually was looking at the danelectro coolcat.. worth? reviews on harmony central looks good, but sometimes its more trusting to here from people direct... thanx for any reviews!!

so which one do you need more and make use of?

For volume pedal, the boss FV series should do the job.If not, ernie ball does has some fine volume pedal.

Chorus: boss, voodoolab, electro harmonix etc

Which one is the best? None. Check out the shops, sweelee, yamaha or the guitar shops down at parklane and test it. There should be something in there. Chorus can sound differently among the brand and to different people. Having to listen and try it out is the best.

Imho...

coolcat.jpg

the DanE Cool Cat is one of the lushest sounding chorus i ever come across; promotes drive clarity if you take time to tweak it to supplement your tone.

iamnuthin_84 said:
hey guys, was just wondering... a vol pedal first or a chorus? if vol, which one? if chorus which one? actually was looking at the danelectro coolcat.. worth? reviews on harmony central looks good, but sometimes its more trusting to here from people direct... thanx for any reviews!!

This is a simple and yet complex question.

The simple answer is to place the volume before the chorus.

The other answer is dependent on your pedal chain. Lets say you have a
wah, compressor, overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay. You will get a different kind of volume pedal control if it was patched first or last in the pedal chain mentioned above. If you place the vol ped 1st in the chain it will affect the amount of signal sent to the drive and dist and that will affect the amount tone and volume of your saturated one. If you place the vol ped at the last of the chain you will still maintain full saturation based on your od and dist pedals' settings but your vol pedal will behave pretty similar to your amp's master volume. What's best is really up to your musical direction. Try 'em out and decide what works best for you.

I like to have alot of control over my tone and thus incorporate a vol ped 1st in the chain but because I also like to have a master vol control I use a midi control setup that controls all my dmodulation and delay effects with a master vol pedal control which works similar to palcing a second vol ped last in your chain.

Hope this helps.

:)

wow.. more than i can ask for.... thanks subversion for ur short review... thanx embryo for more than i can ask for.. haha.. learnt some new stuff.. hmmm.. i'll go think about it.. actually i already have a proco rat 2 and a korg ax1500g... thinking of using both multi effects and indi boxes.. experimenting bet both.. slowly addin to the equipment i own...

maybe i'll get the chorus since the i have a vol in the multi... unless u guys have a diff opinion.. embryo, now u make me wanna get another vol to try out putting one at the start of a pedal chain.. haha... but i think i'll do that in due time.. thanks... i'm still learning.. hope others get to learn from wat i learnt!!

Latest posts

Back