Paintball! More specifically, SPEEDBALL!

I was in Malaysia over the weekend to take part in the Malaysia Paintball Official Circuit. It was an awesome experience.

Imagine a field as large as the Padang, split into two, each with a different field set up. Fill it up with more than 30 teams in 3 divisions and you have one heck of a spectacle. Paint was flying everywhere, everyone had their "game face" on but no one forgot to have fun. Here's a selection of photos, take by Shirley Ong, awesome photographer from http://www.designsnotdead.com/

My team preparing to play
2975404856_6ba03372a1.jpg

A Division One team in action. These guys can run fast yet shoot very accurately.
2974549793_a820109d5f.jpg

A view of the blue bunker field. Its huge! The two people pictured are from Bellicose, an all-female team who kicked ass and took names from many teams along the way
2975389338_382d310296.jpg

More photos from MPOC

View of the red field. Giant "M" in the middle!
2975402642_b3c21ec93a.jpg

Preparing our e-markers for our next game
2974543307_538993ef27.jpg

Carnival-like atmosphere at the players' tents
2975391296_45eaf60589.jpg

A few more photos by Eugene Goh

Preparing to break out
PA251534.JPG

The Red Sevens, the pioneer paintball team in Singapore, preparing to break out
PA251472.JPG

Off they go!
PA251477.JPG

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wonder how popular is paintball at Crossfire (Singapore Discovery Centre).

http://www.crossfire.com.sg/

I loved playing paintball there last time with a huge group of colleagues.

The difference (I think) is that they use real action markers modeled after the real Colt M4 carbines and they have marshals following each player around to ensure that no point blank shots at 3 meters or less.

Quite an adrenalin rush lah, just that the layout can be more exciting, and the markers more accurate. I don't even know if they zero the guns or not. One stupid sod tried to snipe me from an elevated position and he couldn't get me no matter how hard he tried. :mrgreen:

I think they have done away with the cartridge collectors, so you don't carry a snap on box at the ejection port there, which was kind of a silly idea in the first place I think. Maybe they were just plain lazy.

I haven't been there for ages, don't know if they have done anything different to keep having people coming back.

Yup its quite different at Crossfire. If I'm not wrong, the playing area is like a maze of sorts and the paintballs used are smaller too.

There are regular paintball markers modeled after real life guns to cater to the military simulation/woodsball crowd. A very popular one is the Tippman A-5 which has all sorts of add-ons to make it look like some of the most popular rifles/SMGs out there.

Funny you should mention about "zero-ing". Unfortunately, paintball markers are not exactly very accurate things. There are many factors, but the two main factors are that one, the propellent is compressed C02 or air, so there isn't much force and two, paintballs are very light. They are liquid paint in gelatin capsules so wind and humidity affect how accurately they are fired from the marker.

Heckler&Koch, if you're keen, do join in the paintball outing I will be planning soon. I think you will have more fun playing at Red Dynasty. Cheers.

Back