METAL: Bands you've recently HEARD and would like to RECOMMEND

Haha yeah I consider Demigod one of their recent works. Most of Behemoth's very early stuff I found very bland and uninteresting...

Haha yeah I consider Demigod one of their recent works. Most of Behemoth's very early stuff I found very bland and uninteresting...

Their early works is more on the Black Metal side, and their recent work is more of death metal like their neigbouring band Vader, But still Demigod is a masterpiece!

Behemoth is seriously a great band. I find Demigod really good and fantastic. Their earlier works like Satanica were good too.

Behemoth \m/

Thelema 6 and Zos Kia Cvltvs also power lah. Check out the drumming on thelema 6. its insane! and demigod is not their recent work. It is The Apostasy. Decent album i must say. Insane technicality but its not as memorable as Demigod.

man you guys are great.
thanks for all the recommendations.
makes life bearable for a few more months!

well you guys may or may not know this site www.audioleaf.com
quite a number of genres, including metal.
thing is, they're mostly japanese.
so step on it if you feel you want abit of 'konnichiwaAARGGGHHH~!!!"

and recently i've been listening to abit of mors principium est - finnish
http://www.myspace.com/morsprincipiumestmyspace
sort of the typical europeanish speed death... like soilwork etc etc. some of you might like them.
one of their tracks in the recent album has a D&B intro too ....... "WHAT~?!"

Last edited:
Check out my cover of Crystal Mountain.

Since we're on the topic of metal. let me make a shameless advertisement for my brand new cover video on youtube. i played Death's Crystal Mountain. If you'd like to see it and rate/comment on it please go to my thread in the Open Mic section
HERE!!

Last edited:
hmmm sonata arctica's good, so is dream theater (though they came to town this year already), there's also arch enemy and of course kamelot. btw anyone heard of tristania? on the verge of industrial or electronic, but still very melodic metal.

currently listening to alot of Cromok. Malaysian thrash/heavy metal. but most of the ones i like are instrumental. great guitar works with alot of asianess in it. melodic solos, i loik.

Back