Liverpool FC Thread

Ferguson writes off Liverpool title challenge

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has written off Liverpool's title chances and declared Chelsea to be biggest threat to his team's hopes of retaining their Premier League crown.

"Ancelotti will play the Milan way," said Ferguson. "It brought him two European Cups - it should have been three because they should never have lost to Liverpool, so why should he change?"

seems that Sir rudolph has start the mind games even before the ball is kick. maybe someone need to kick his balls perhaps?

he already put down Shitty. now Liverpool. maybe after the Charity Shield, he will put down Cheatsea.
as for Arse, they are now not needed by sir rudolph :twisted:.

he also not happy cause he's been at manures for god knows how long and only win 2 european title in 3 finals.

Plz let van der sar play, the kid that played in carling cup final (ben foster) is damn gd!

Oh well, there real the circus group goes again, anyone dares with me they cannot make it past the quarter final. :)

So many people say, wah lao eh, gt Ka ka, gt ronaldo = win.

Star player doesnt mean title, teamwork means everything, star players = ego clash. Just look at everton, no real star players but a solid manager and decent players that gel together, doesnt surprise me if they push for top 4 this season. Although they SUCKS.

So many people knows football for shit, gt star player = win.
I know a good team when I spot one, David Moyes is an excellent manager.

Looks like Alonso is gone, 30m to spare, let's see who Liverpool can bring in.

Recently I read about both Man Utd and Liverpool being interested in Villa, would love to see Torress and Villa pair up in the league, would even love to see Villa choosing Liverpool over Man Utd, just like Torres did. :)

As quoted:
The manager and his scouts will check a player's background, his attitude, his lifestyle. They will be the ones looking into the player's eyes in a negotiation, to find out what motivates him. Bill Shankly always preferred players with less skill if they had more character. A lot has changed in the game, but core attributes, like commitment and temperament, remain crucial. Not tricks on YouTube.

Last edited:
REDS AGREE AQUILANI DEAL

aquilani3_st.jpg

Liverpool FC today confirmed they have agreed a deal with AS Roma for the transfer of Italian international Alberto Aquilani, subject to a medical.
Liverpool concluded their discussions with Roma once the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid was finally agreed.

Rafa Benitez said: "Alberto is a very good player and I'm delighted we've reached agreement with Roma for his transfer."

"He has long been recognised as a top class talent in Italy, captaining his country at both Under 19 and Under 21 levels before establishing himself in the senior national side."

Guess no Villa.

Alonso for 30million pounds seems like a good deal. Hopefully Benitez can groom Aquilani to fill Alonso's shoes and more. I think they still have abt another 15-20million pounds to spend, hopefully they'll bring in 1 more class player whoever benitez has in mind. Although Alonso's gone, I still have plenty of faith in Benitez hahaha, looking forward to the new season!

Alberto Aquilani :mrgreen:
arse no worthy transfer news so far.
only player gone.
news has it that the has been is coming back to arse?
melo decide to join juve instead of arse.
hopefully arse manage to get the chamakh guy.

:mrgreen: AS THIS IS A POOL THREAD .... I WONT COMMENT ON ANY AFC ISSUES HERE ...

I just feel this: this year many teams gonna go swimming & go PISS IN THE POOL :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: AS THIS IS A POOL THREAD .... I WONT COMMENT ON ANY AFC ISSUES HERE ...

I just feel this: this year many teams gonna go swimming & go PISS IN THE POOL :mrgreen:
Well I can see manures, shitty and cheatsea as our main rival to the title.
yup that just about it.

you mean there's other team can challenge for the title apart from cheatsea, manures, liverpool & shitty??
hhhmmmm everton got good manager. no doubt about that but he got no $$$ so maybe can fight for 5th or 4th if one of the big team suffer injuries to their top players.
can't see any other though :twisted:.

Dunno much about Aquilani but Italian internationals tend to be strong on technique so it'll be interesting.

Rafa on Aquilani......

"He can play a little bit higher than Javier Mascherano - maybe between him and Steven Gerrard.

"He has good passing - the final ball is good - and he also works. If he can settle down properly in England he can be a very good addition."

And here is what former L'pool player John Arne Riise (now in Roma) thought of Aquilani......

"I knew all about Totti, Daniele De Rossi and Philippe Mexes, of course, but Aquilani was the player who surprised me the most in my first months with what he could do.

"He's really good on the ball, with good passing and good movement. He works hard and is a good professional. He likes to have the ball at his feet but not because he likes to dribble, he just wants to keep the team moving. He never stands still, he is always on the run.

"He certainly runs more than Xabi and is probably more dangerous in terms of getting in the box and trying to score goals. When I came to Rome he was my neighbour and helped me out a lot. He is a good friend. Liverpool will be getting a very good player.''

If all these are true, Rafa just bought a clone of Xabi! So fingers crossed. :)

Latest posts

Back