Liverpool FC Thread

jamie redknapp said something interesting, having said that pool will never win the league under rafa, he said that they most certainly can win the UCL. his reason was the rotation policy, allowing players to be fresh for champions league games while they suffered domestically.

another interesting point was that when pool were unbeaten in the early stages of the league this season, their champions league form suffered and they lost 2 matches. now that they have been winning in europe their domestic form has taken a drastic turn.

for the record, redknapp was quite a useless captain

if there's much depth in the team & quality is there, there shouldn't be this situation where the team excels in one front & suffer in another. but i guess it's about capacity. right now, Pool players aren't quite capable to prove their team's worth.

Personally I felt that liverpool was on the deciline since the day Souness was appointed as the manager. It was downhill road all the way from there as far as the EPL championship is concern. I fully agree that Benitez should go. Hopeless is an understatement la.

Till this very day, I still winced at the way Liverpool played football under Souness. Do signings like Neil Ruddock, Julian Dicks, Mark Walters, David Speedie, Nigel Clough etc. ring a bell? Ugly long ball, no creativity, no width, strikers who couldn't score, hardmen style. No wait.....the first 4 points also resembled Rafa's game! Sigh.....

Rafa out! It's going to be Wenger for Liverpool next season. I'm sure fgl will give his full blessings! ;)

Yeah, he is a master tactician, nobody is better than him, imo.
He needs to get better with signings, sign some Good and Proven players from the English League
(not players like Bellamy.. Or Pennant) itself, to have a better squad depth. I'm sure if given the right amount of funds + stadium + support, the epl is only a matter of 1 or 2 years, which I wouldn't mind waiting for, to be honest.

I half-support Rafa and half-wish someone who has a clearer sense will take his place.

I support Rafa because of his good Cup records... Be it European Cup, FA Cup, League Cup... I think Liverpool has done very well in these aspects for the past 3 seasons. But the funny thing is... Liverpool can only thrive on knock-out competitions.

I see no consistency in EPL's league games. I don't understand how Rafa can afford to drop players in LEAGUE games, not to mention about CUP games. The team cannot gel and it is like playing with David Beckham in US for one day and the next day you're off to Italy to play with Del Piero. How the hell do they gel?

And I believe Liverpool has a talented squad capable to pose a threat to other aspiring teams like Man U and Arsenal. I just don't know why they always lose steam.

As mentioned so many times already, Rafa needs to thin down his squad and stick to his best 11 regularly. And stop the freakin' rotation. Players are not made of tofu, they can play 2-3 times a week! But Rafa being Rafa will not do so. Good tactician so what? There is no cohesiveness the way Liverpool plays because the players have no opportunity to gel. The fact is RESULTS NEVER LIE. Sack Rafa!

everyone's waiting for rafa to get sacked/kicked/punched/killed/murdered/fucked.
hahaha.

Great win over inter !

everyone slams rotation and wants rafa to play the 'first XI'

the problem is,

can you name me the first XI?

I support Rafa. The only replacement I see is Jose Mourhino, not him, then no.

The rotation has its pros and cons, but he needs to allow people who are on form play, rotating is fine, just have to be quite realistic sometimes, you don't drop a player who's been scoring 2 goals per match for the past 3 matches.

Master tactician is IMPORTANT. Players don't gel during matches, they gel during trainings. Matches are important, but still, Liverpool DO have teamwork, I don't know which team you're watching play.

true true. hmm. well , i miss mourinho man . he's always the special one . avran grant can try hard to be him . alex is getting on my nerves. bitch .ahahaha.

Results in? I do support his cause.
He needs better players who can succeed in the English league, and he's good to go.
Results never lie, but time is a factor.
Look at Arsenal and Man utd, how long has their manager been at the club? Especially Ferguson, you'd think all the results were for them? You have your highs, you have your lows.

Benitez is a good manager, and needs more time, unless the replacement is Jose Mourhino, then no, do not change the manager.

Back